Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2008 11:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: some bjj and muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Murat Keshtov @ K-Dojo, Fairfield, NJ: BJJ, Sambo, Judo, Karate -Anyone know??

Hey everybody
    Wondering if I can get some help or info on this place in Fairfield, NJ. The web site is

www.kdojo.com

They claim to do sambo, bjj, judo, muay thai, kickboxing. They seem to be part of a Circassian (russian) community. I found one of their guys took 2nd place in no-gi naga worlds 2008 beginner, and the same guy fought a serra guy in an am fight in NJ recently to a decision loss. They seem to have their base in Sambo, and are trying to start some kind of mma team, but I can't really get any info on them and nobody seems to know. The main coaches name is Murat Keshtov and they call him Master K for short. If anybody knows or can find out anything, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by rockinstylee; 4/29/2008 1:27pm at .

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    4/28/2008 11:20am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have been asking about this guy on our forum:
    Worldwide Grappling Forums - Murat Keshtov. New Jersey?

Not much info on the guy. So far nobody I have asked in the sambo community knows him. This is not to say he is a fraud, just that he is not known so far.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 11:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahaha wow beginner 2nd place at naga. I know a guy who never really grappled before place 1st in naga. beginner light weight master div. im pretty sure you could place too if your cardio was better the the other grapplers in the lower ranked div.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 9:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually train at K Dojo and Ive known Murat for many years, not only cause im circassian but he's actually my neighbor. He was a champion in Russia and the guy who competed in Naga actually moved from Russia to the US to train with us and work at K Dojo. These are the most amazing guys you'll ever meet, truly. They both are world champions in Tae Kwon Do, etc. Murat is a 4 dan black belt and Ozzy(the other guy) who is only 19 years old is a 2 dan black belt. The school is no joke. They are the nicest guys in the world but they train you really hard. There is no belt system in the MMA class so there is no limit to what he teaches. Jui jitsu, Judo, Grappling, Wrestling, Thai Boxing, Tae Kwon Do, Sambo. Its a new school, open only less than a year but he had another school in Booton prior to this one. The only way your gonna know if its good is to come check us out. Monday nights (grappling), Wednesday nights( stand-up and ground game), Friday nights( usually all stand-up). You can come and work with us for one class no charge. If you like it, join us! If not, its okay, no harm done! Dont know if you checked out the website. Its www.kdojo.com. Let me know what you think, and if you decide to come i'll see you there! Hope this could help you a little. And in defense to Ozzy. He had only trained in jui jitsu (dont know if im even spelling that right) for about three months when he went into the tornament. He had never competed in a grappling tornament before and the beginners group are supposedly people who have trained over a year, which is not true cause the guy he competed with in the final round was amazing and submitted everyone, and he won a couple other naga tornaments prior to that one. I dont know about you, but 6 guys representing a new school competing with over 2500 people and took home 2 silver metals. Not to bad in my book, and thats only the beginning! U be the judge! Later!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 10:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, your right Murat is not known in the US because im not sure if he ever competed here, but i'll ask him. Definitely in Russia tho. Also you gotta ask the right people. Try Renzo Gracie! Later!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 11:24am

Style: sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw one of their guys doing amateur MMA at Lou Neglia's show, other than the fact he didn't seem to know the rules, he had skills. Have no idea about the claims, but for MMA, the skills are sort of what matters, no?

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 11:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Du, I will post this on our WWG thread as well.

Do you know when he was a sambo world champ? What year? TKD as well? What does "etc" refer to in terms of his world championships?

It is good to see more sambo out there.
    Last edited by sambosteve; 6/05/2008 11:42am at .

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 11:37am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    K-Dojo appears to be about 10 miles from Dayn DeRose's school. If anyone could vet and/or vouch for this guy, Dayn could find out.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 11:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I asked Dayn on our WWG thread. He does not know the guy.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 12:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you saying there's a Sambo guy - a "champion" no less - who also teaches BJJ, Judo, and Karate within spitting distance of Dayn, and yet Dayn doesn't know him???

I'm not suggesting that's impossible, but I think it certainly raises a red flag.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast