Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/12/2011 2:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The contract thing... you sing the contract and pay till the end lets say it is 3 years... but you PAY nothing after the 3 years...
    if it takes you 10 years to get your blackbbelt you dont pay for classes after the contract and you still go to train. Unlike other schools where you pay 50-100 a month every month for as long as you train... lets say you are 20 years old and you train till you are 30 at one school you will pay (using the 100.00 for easy math) $12,000.00 ... lets say that in thoes 10 years you have to leave for a year or two you are paying and not there to train.... the ITTA contract would be... lets say 3 years... you pay $3600.00 and you are there for 10+ years...
    LARPing for CQC.. hell yes.. who would train with real guns????? they train with the rubber guns the real ones when they are used to train in the class are 2x....3x.... hell 4x ....checked EVERYTIME and there is to be NO live AMMO in the area!!!!!!, are shown all the moves how to load and unload deal wiht miss fairs and jams... then once or twice a month they go to the range with the AR-15, Mossberg 590 and the Glocks... everything you learned in the class will be done on the range, with 100+ % safety.... if they do not listen or act up your are gone... no one wants a jackass with a loaded Glock in their group...... That many moves then counters, is how they work, you get more and more pieces then you will get better and better......
    Last edited by waystland; 1/12/2011 2:46pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/12/2011 2:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by waystland View Post
    The contract thing... you sing the contract and pay till the end lets say it is 3 years... but you PAY nothing after the 3 years...
    if it takes you 10 years to get your blackbbelt you dont pay for classes after the contract and you still go to train. Unlike other schools where you pay 50-100 a month every month for as long as you train... lets say you are 20 years old and you train till you are 30 at one school you will pay (using the 100.00 for easy math) $10,000.00 ... lets say that in thoes 10 years you have to leave for a year or two you are paying and not there to train.... the ITTA contract would be... lets say 3 years... you pay $3000.00 and you are there for 10+ years...
    LARPing for CQC.. hell yes.. who would train with real guns????? they train with the rubber guns the real ones when they are used to train in the class are 2x....3x.... hell 4x ....checked EVERYTIME and there is to be NO live AMMO in the area!!!!!!, are shown all the moves how to load and unload deal wiht miss fairs and jams... then once or twice a month they go to the range with the AR-15, Mossberg 590 and the Glocks... everything you learned in the class will be done on the range, with 100+ % safety.... if they do not listen or act up your are gone... no one wants a jackass with a loaded Glock in their group...... That many moves then counters, is how they work, you get more and more pieces then you will get better and better......
    Thanks any reason why you tried to create another account?

Posted On:
    1/12/2011 3:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Thanks any reason why you tried to create another account?
    forgot my PW but recovered it.. im more of a reader i have signed up here 3 years ago but like to read i only post if i can answer a question...

but all in all the school is well run, there are a number of Calgary Police Officers , RCMP, Sheriff, MP's, Military personal that train there. along with House wives, accountants, truck drivers, students....

there are a number of students that get a black belt and can do this and that really really good... hell they are very good, they have all the training and skills... BUT MISS ONE... how to teach someone.... great you can do this and that... but show me how to do it.... take your time and dont get pissed because im learning..... that is a difference, the school goes fast but you can ask the sensei and any senior belt and they will come and help.

i "believe" .. "think" that two of his students opened schools.... NOT TOO SURE>>> but if they can teach like they do at ITTA and have the skills that they learned... then good for them, they are keeping and passing down the knowledge to others.

but the contract thing... in the long run it is a good deal, the school has been around for 20 + years and a number of seniors are not paying for their training...... they payed their dues and continue to learn and improve their skills, their financial commit is done.

there is nothing stopping you from watching as many classes as you want, ( just call ahead) dont just go once go a few times, talk to the students, if it is not for you then you go on, if you like it then you sign up.

Posted On:
    2/02/2011 4:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

if there are any more questions

if there are any more questions , i will try and answer the best i can, if i don't know i will try to find out if i cant find out i will say i don't know.:5question

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 6:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WOW, 4 years has gone by FAST!!!!!!!!, and yes my contract is up and i no longer have to pay to train.... i could tell you without a doubt that i would not be where i am today if i did not join, i ad fitter faster and stronger.
    So why have i not posted her in 4 years??? well im a reader, if i know something i will answer it and no one asked my a question for 4 years.....lol but i have popped in and looked around... and yes i DID forget my PW for my account but i recovered it. So people who said they do not like contracts.... the cool thins is my payments are done and im still learning every class... There is a new dojo being built that will be bigger and include a shooting range so that will be nice... again any questions??
    my goal now is to go to Japan and train with Hatsumi, that will be fun!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 7:18pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by waystland View Post
    WOW, 4 years has gone by FAST!!!!!!!!, and yes my contract is up and i no longer have to pay to train.... i could tell you without a doubt that i would not be where i am today if i did not join, i ad fitter faster and stronger.
    So why have i not posted her in 4 years??? well im a reader, if i know something i will answer it and no one asked my a question for 4 years.....lol but i have popped in and looked around... and yes i DID forget my PW for my account but i recovered it. So people who said they do not like contracts.... the cool thins is my payments are done and im still learning every class... There is a new dojo being built that will be bigger and include a shooting range so that will be nice... again any questions??
    my goal now is to go to Japan and train with Hatsumi, that will be fun!
    I think that it is excellent that you got a sense of accomplishment from your school. If you achieved whatever it is you sought to achieve, then it is good training. I think, however, that one should not leave a gym, such as this one, with the feeling that they are ready to take on the world (not saying that you have). One of the biggest lessons that I have learned in my "career" is cross-train, cross-train, cross-train. Multiple objective points of view are the absolute key to combating over-confidence. I have a couple of questions...

1) How were the spar sessions in this place?
    2) Where did the people doing firearms training get their expertise?
    3) Was there a sense of aliveness in the training? Explain.

Thanks and congrats on your achievement.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 8:11pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJohn View Post
    1) How were the spar sessions in this place?
    2) Where did the people doing firearms training get their expertise?
    3) Was there a sense of aliveness in the training? Explain.
    These are all very good questions. I am particularly interested in the firearms training portion.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:27am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here are the bios for their firearms certs:

http://www.ittacanada.com/instructors/

Instructor Qualifications:

•Smith & Wesson Academy Law Enforcement Rifle Instructor
    •Heckler & Koch Academy Executive Protection
    •Canadian Firearm Safety Instructor Department of Justice
    •Tactical Firearms Training Team Special Tactical Firearm Course
    •National Police Service R.C.M.P. Approved Verifier
    •Italian Armed Forces Major Corporal
    •Department of National Defense Military Police
    •Alberta Federation of Shooting Safety Range Officer
    •American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers
    •International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors
    •Police Defensive Driving Instructor
    •Scotti School Executive Protection Defensive Driving
    •PPCT Defensive Tactics Instructor
    •Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu Instructor – Certified in Japan
    •Sigarms Academy Tactical Pistol Instructor Concealed Carry Pistol Armorer Certification
    My guess would be that some of those certs came from the instructors going to one of the S&W academies:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...9_757812_image

Some of those are just memberships like the IALEFI. A couple were probably obtained since it looks like he is a Police or Military Police Officer.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    •American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers
    This is a pretty easy one to get into. Basically if you teach any aspect / discipline of law enforcement, you are qualified. It is merely a credential.
    •PPCT Defensive Tactics Instructor
    One week of semi-useful stuff. I ended up shaking my head and with bruised wrists. This is because your agency has to train you in something to say that they trained you.
    •Smith & Wesson Academy Law Enforcement Rifle Instructor
    Thirty-two hour train-the-trainer course, sounds like fun.
    Many of the rest are proprietary systems and are at least adequate. Some I've never heard of, but won't discount them.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 4:37pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that PPCT you can go ahead and flush down the toilet. I forgot more about fighting than I learned when I went through. Luckily it has been discarded in Florida.

To be honest, if I padded my resume with all the stuff I've trained in and taught over the years, it would look a lot more impressive than this bio. But it is what it is.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast