All Armed Forces MMA Style Tournament - May 17th at Camp Pendleton
There is no entry fee for this event. we are trying to get the word out to all the Service Members who may be interested.
2008 U.S. Armed Forces Pankration Invitational
May 17, 2008
52 area Gymnasium
Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, California
2008 US Armed Forces Pankration:
- This Tournament is open to all Active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Reservists who are assigned to a drilling unit may also participate.
- Professional Mixed Martial Arts Fighters are prohibited from entering this competition.
- This tournament is being hosted and promoted by Marine Corps Community Services, Camp Pendleton and sponsored by The CompoundMMA.
- Tournament is double elimination with a consulation bracket to determine 3rd place.
- Two Skill Levels - Beginner (one year or less Martial Arts training) and Open (Over one year Martial Arts training)
- Weight Classes - 130 lbs; -140 lbs; -150 lbs; -160 lbs; - 175 lbs; - 190 lbs; - 205 lbs; - 230 lbs & over 230 lbs.
- There are no Women’s divisions as of now. Please contact us if you are a Female and wish to compete.
-All Athletes must compete with MMA Style Gloves, a mouthpiece and Cup.
MMA Style gloves will be provided to athletes without their own.
-Other protective gear is optional: Elbow pads, Knee pads, Shin/ Shin & Instep guards, Wrestling Head Gear, Wrestling/ Martial Arts Shoes.
-MMA Fight Shorts with Rash guard is the recommended uniform.
-Athletes may also compete in Traditional Martial Arts attire, shorts or sweats without open pockets or zippers, tight fitting T-Shirt or Wrestling singlet.
Rules: See rules and regulations at www.fightleague.org/Rules.html
- Registrations will be open April 18th.
- Each Division is limited to 8 competitors.
- Competitors must make weight or be removed from the bracket.
- All Competitors must pre-register.
- A lottery for open spots will be conducted the day of the tournament for those who did not pre-register or spots were full when pre-registration was attempted.
- There is no participation fee for this tournament.
Still openings in many of the disvions. Check here get more info>
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO