Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/26/2008 1:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I.O.M.A. - Wing Tsun - Luxembourg

Emphasis on the Leung Ting style of Wing Tsun Kung Fu. 1 sifu, 3 junior technicians. Does women's self-defense, police arrestation techniques.

Grading is every 3 months and costs 30 euros but it's pretty much up to the practitioner's discretion whether or not to take the exam - the idea is that one is always a student in Wing Tsun - the grades are just rough guidelines to show what you know - not a reflection on how well you know them.

Uniforms are basic -

Beginners - Black Trousers - White T-shirt
    Junior Techniian - Black Trousers - Grey T-shirt
    Technician/Sifu - All Black

Sifu Yves Schwarmes has been practicing for over 20 years and has a large amount of Police force members who supplement their combat training with Wing Tsun.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 9:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After watching the one demo video on the website you provided I fail to see ANY aliveness. I understand that it is a demo....albiet, a demo that was apparently shot at a rave, but the strikes are your standard wing chun slappy strikes and elbows that would do nothing but piss off a determined opponent; which is also why I bombed your striking rating.

Do you guys spar? How much resistance?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 2:08am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You got that the aliveness was a 1 from watching a video? Try actually GOING TO THE CLUB. I sense an armchair martial artist.

As for the demo - it was a self defense demo - with simple wing chun strikes, we do spar and in any case wing chun is a slappy martial art.

I ask that you retract your rating bombing.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 8:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Relaxis
    You got that the aliveness was a 1 from watching a video? Try actually GOING TO THE CLUB. I sense an armchair martial artist.
    That must be your impeccable _ing _un sixth sense kicking in. Here's my school..

Orlando, Florida - Orlando ATT/Mejiro Gym - No BS Martial Arts

and here are my credentials..

GoldenJonas: Brown Belt (3.5-4 years training) in Vee Arnis JuJitsu under Daniel Torres - Split focus on Judo, Traditional JuJistu, and Self-Defense;
    2 Stripe Blue Belt (@1.5 years training) in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Submission Grappling under Paul Rodriguez at American Top Team - I am a 3 time NAGA competitor, 1 time Atlantic Cup competitor, a continue to compete in BJJ and Submission Grappling tournaments as often as I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relaxis
    we do spar and in any case wing chun is a slappy martial art.
    So do the kiddies at the TKD McDojo down the street but they sure as hell DO NOT get a high "Aliveness" rating. Do you guys compete at all in any medium contact tournaments....sanshou tourneys for example. http://www.sanshou.com/

Or do you guys simple shriek at each other and play teh d43dly push hands all day? At least the kiddies can say they compete.

I ask that you retract your rating bombing.
    I ask that you provide something to support your bloated ratings and ensure that they are consistent with the forum Rating Guidelines.....so the answer is no. No, I will not retract my rate bomb.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 4:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I retract what I said about you and apologise, I should have read the guideline.

Anyway, the aim is to describe what the club is like for future reference to any luxembourg people. Anyway, as far as tournaments go - no. The dojo is set up for practical learning rather than sports tournaments. Most of the members are police force members who are looking to better equip themselves in hand to hand, there are a handful of children in the children's class but most of the people who train there train because of their jobs.

Luxembourg isn't big when it comes to international events, let alone sporting events. I haven't heard of any Wing Tsun sparring competitions ever - however I have heard of "demonstration" competitions where people win prizes according to points to do with their presentation in the solo forms. If you hear about any in Europe give me a shout.

In any case, push hands is a Tai-Chi exercise and does not form part of the Wing Tsun curriculum.