Posted On:
    4/28/2008 12:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Relaxis
    what's a gitmo?

Guantanamo Bay. It's where we detain threads which ask incredibly basic and stupid questions regarding technique which would be answered on your own or by your teacher if you simply trained.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    4/28/2008 1:33pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep in mind that in training you do not kick your partners inner thigh or shin as hard as you would an enemy's. In WT this drill will unbalance you. You then use that to find the core muscles that redirect the energy down into your standing leg and thus preventing you from falling over. You can have the kicker wear a thigh pad, but it gets easier at higher power and you don't want it easy, you need to trigger the balance-stability groups.

Its a core-stability drill. You want to be unbalanced to find the muscle-neural pattern you need to use to correct yourself and regain balance.

Then you can go kick into a solid dummy or brick wall to transfer the core-stability improvements into the technique at full speed. Kicking a wall and making the rebound drive you down into the floor and not backwards is the counter component to this drill. It takes both.

Also, the adductor muscles are involved to bring the rebound forces down into the standing leg and the J-thrust from Chum Kiu is also used. A WC training program may not have developed these in the same way as a WT program would have, so you may also need work there on the basics. In the chun by any flavor, instead of falling back you should turn or move the hips to prevent it correct? So that is what you are learning here, a very subtle weight shift technique within the slant kick

and then you gotta practice it under more alive conditions.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 7:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai shotokan, kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds like you have a balance problem? practice standing on 1 leg with a chamber hold it and slowly release the kick, do it again and again, this is called freezeing, then just hold the chamber, no kick see how long you can do it for, now if its a stop hit your learning you want to kick that leg and once you hit it skip off of it, on your way to a specific line !

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 7:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai shotokan, kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds like you have a balance problem? practice standing on 1 leg with a chamber hold it and slowly release the kick, do it again and again, this is called freezeing, then just hold the chamber, no kick see how long you can do it for, now if its a stop hit your learning you want to kick that leg and once you hit it skip off of it, on your way to a specific line ! the secret is to obtain balance without thinking about it and this is how you do it

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 5:36am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Tzun Tzu and Chof, was very very helpful.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12