Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    4/26/2008 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee cop
    i would love to see fred win, and be redeemed, im always for the underdog.
    I'll second that. His opponent was a heavier, younger pro-kickboxer IIRC.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    4/26/2008 12:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ettish has been training MMA for a long time. I would like to see this happen as it would show what can be done when people train realistically, no matter how bad their previous training/skill was.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2008 12:46pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's already an online petition to have him fight in the UFC. http://www.petitiononline.com/ettish/petition.html

Add your names guys!
    Last edited by andrewa; 4/26/2008 12:48pm at . Reason: repair link

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2008 1:25pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome, I hope he fights. If he puts up a good show, he can completely redeem himself and get rid of all those cracks against him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2008 2:53pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, this is almost like a real life version of the sixth Rocky movie. Ettish NEEDS to be given another shot.

I remember reading in a book a couple years ago how Ettish was still interested in MMA, but just lived a quiet life teaching karate out of his basement. I had no idea that he now owned his own Miletich affiliate school and had been supplimenting his karate training so seriously now.

This 52 year old man with a 0-1 record has more heart than half the cast of any given TUF.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    4/26/2008 3:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As someone who has only just found out about this Ettish hating, I can't understand why he's been made the scapegoat.

Surely he deserves credit for getting in there and pressure testing his skills. The fact that he got the **** kicked out of him just means that he needed to adapt his training, which he has done.

It seems poor old Fred has been made somewhat of a patsy and the go-to arguement for all MMA Nutriders when putting down TMA.

If he gets in for a second time, with the pressure on him to prove himself, I'll be cheering the guy on.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    4/26/2008 3:50pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder - has Ettish made any attempts to fight in MMA at a lower level than the UFC? It seems like it wouldn't be too hard for him to sign up for a local event, and work his way into the MMA scene normally. If he could build up a record and show that he's capable of fighting, it would give a boost to his MMA career and might make Zuffa more or another big promoter more likely to give him a shot.

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    4/26/2008 4:07pm

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    I wonder - has Ettish made any attempts to fight in MMA at a lower level than the UFC? It seems like it wouldn't be too hard for him to sign up for a local event, and work his way into the MMA scene normally. If he could build up a record and show that he's capable of fighting, it would give a boost to his MMA career and might make Zuffa more or another big promoter more likely to give him a shot.
    The man's 52, I don't think Zuffa would give him a shot. Not that a 52 year old shouldn't be fighting, it's the Zuffa thing.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    4/26/2008 4:26pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I would love to see Ettish fight and win. But, If I were promoting the show, I would never do it. The last show had too many has beens and they should stay away from the "legends" of MMA theme. Just stick to good, young, up and coming guys. Most noobs have no idea who Ettish is and the fight has the potential for another circus show feel. Yamma has potential, but if they keep bringing old timers back, it will kill whatever chances they still have to do a good show. I hate to say this, as I really would love to see Ettish in the ring again. But, business is business. Keep him out...and any other "legends" who should retire as well.

Essentially, as an old school fan, I would love it. As a promoter of a new show that bombed last time around, I would not even consider it at this point.
    Last edited by sambosteve; 4/26/2008 4:34pm at .

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    4/26/2008 4:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No one cares what you think, Steve.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast