Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2008 3:48am

Style: MMA, ex-Sanshou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant!
    This is an interesting story!!

It hints at something i've been wondering about for a while now. What about a Bullshido History project? Maybe, a series of articles that go into how this web site was formed and any significant events that occured since then?

Like the Osiris vs JFS episode, or Anthony and Rudy.

The stories of the busting of prominent Mcdojo's, that maybe, weren't epic enough to merit a place on the .com site.....

Hell, it could at least be worth a timeline on www.bullshido.com, at the very least....
    It would have value to members, such as myself, who haven't been here very long and just get the tail end of a lot of these stories. It would be great to have one-stop place to look for these things, rather than trawling through lots of threads.

What say?
    I second this notion. I've been here for a long time (check first post for explanation), but I still don't know much about the history, other than Phrost once saying that he named Bullshido while being frustrated by "Bushido Blade." Does PeeDee still post/pay attention to what's being said here (wouldd an ATTN:PeeDee thread be of any use)?

Posted On:
    4/27/2008 4:04am

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    Yeah, the first website was pretty devoted to hating on Matt Furey.

I make no claim to pure canon, but I THINK the site wasn't around till the Olga episode, but you guys had been discussing it before.

Can anyone correct that? I'd like to know if I'm wrong.
    So it was a troll job?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2008 4:16am

Style: Injured for 1+ years

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant!
    This is an interesting story!!

It hints at something i've been wondering about for a while now. What about a Bullshido History project? Maybe, a series of articles that go into how this web site was formed and any significant events that occured since then?

Like the Osiris vs JFS episode, or Anthony and Rudy.

The stories of the busting of prominent Mcdojo's, that maybe, weren't epic enough to merit a place on the .com site.....

Hell, it could at least be worth a timeline on www.bullshido.com, at the very least....
    It would have value to members, such as myself, who haven't been here very long and just get the tail end of a lot of these stories. It would be great to have one-stop place to look for these things, rather than trawling through lots of threads.

What say?

I support this.

Even before this thread I noticed and found it funny as hell that there was a growing trend of people who're very active on the site who don't know who Phrost, Cracky, Samuel Browning, etc, etc are. I mean, I'd suspect the average newer member is more familiar with people who currently comprise a very visible core (el macho, alex, anna, blah, blah, blah [even gasp! The Fucking Question]) than these people.

But the thing is, if you're just joining there isn't really any reason why you would know. Hell, the only reason I do is cause I lurked for a month and read like THE ENTIRE FUCKIN WEBSITE before joining. But that took a long time.

Currently the closest we have to Jing's suggestion is the Classics & Megathread section, which functions pretty well as a historical record but is incredibly unwieldly and annoying. I guess there's also the wikipedia pages.

**** it I think it'd be a good idea to have a more accessible historical record of major events.
    Last edited by h_sh_m; 4/27/2008 4:26am at .

Posted On:
    4/27/2008 6:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by h_sh_m
    I support this.

Even before this thread I noticed and found it funny as hell that there was a growing trend of people who're very active on the site who don't know who Phrost, Cracky, Samuel Browning, etc, etc are.
    So who are these guys then?

Posted On:
    4/27/2008 6:56am

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    The longer version will be in ysc87's blog if he ever gets around to answering his PMs.
    Not all of my readers are Bullshido members (though they should be, right?)- tell us a little about the humble beginnings of the site.

Sometime in 2001 I stumbled on the Abu Dhabi Combat Club forums. They were one of the few MMA/MA sites at the time and so I lurked for a while before joining in and posting, mostly on off-topic stuff.
    Then in May of 2002 someone dug up a website run by this pervert detailing stories of his encounters with muscular women he paid to physically dominate him. One of these women was a professional fighter, and in the discussion thread there was a link to a story about how this fighter had been paid to “wrestle” the man in a hotel room and the gratification he got from it. To be clear though, it wasn’t a case of prostitution or anything, the guy just liked being handled roughly by burly chicks....
    And the rest of the story here:
    http://punchkickchoke.blogspot.com/2...lshidonet.html

Also, the interview with SamboSteve:
    http://punchkickchoke.blogspot.com/2...can-sambo.html

+ My list of things I've learned from choking people:
    http://punchkickchoke.blogspot.com/2...tial-arts.html

Maybe I should interview Cracky next. -_-

Any StumbleUpons, Diggs, or Subscriptions would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by ysc87; 4/27/2008 11:11pm at .

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    4/27/2008 7:13am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordi LaForge
    The one sad, shitty thing, is that Peedee isn't around.
    I would have sworn I've seen him post recently (last few months). was there a drama-fest I missed?
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    4/27/2008 9:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember seeing Peedee appearing once or twice too.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    4/27/2008 10:03am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordi LaForge
    The one sad, shitty thing, is that Peedee isn't around. Any history of the site will have a gaping hole in it because of that.

Phrost, you have an account on the UG, right? You ought to make an "ATTN: Peedee Shaolin" thread with your email in it or something and try and get him to contact you.

Isn't he wandering around somewhere here in NYC with a broken neck?

If you have any information, leads, or other ideas where he might be, I can put finding him on my list of things to do to do. It would be interesting to interview him and let everyone know what he's been up to in the meantime.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    4/27/2008 11:08am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Peedee just kind of faded away, there wasn't any conflict. He'd probably love what the site is now, especially YMAS.

As far as the timeline goes that would go on Bullshido.org. You know you can post your own articles there, right?

Posted On:
    4/27/2008 6:35pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great interview, btw Phrost.

Very dry.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast