Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 12:38am

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Penn owning Sherk all the way. BJ not only has good ground game, but I think his wrasslin' is great too. He has the whole GSP thing going on, where he is just incredible all around - heavy hands and great grappling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 2:10am

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want Wanderlei to win so that he can fight Rampage again. Jardine definitely deserves a shot though.

In my opinion, Sherk is more boring than Machida. I think BJ has all the tools available to take out Sherk.

Machida will win, especially if Tito tries to strike with him. Tito didn't make a very good showing in his last fight, and he hasn't beaten anyone on Machida's level for a while. I think Machida takes this one, most likely by decision. I'd be incredibly surprised and impressed if he somehow finishes the fight though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 5:43pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a question concerning Lyoto, how long was his tenure with wrestling legend and Karl Gotch student Antonio Inoki as his mentor? Did he learn a good amount of catch wrestling?

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 12:06am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarukaya
    I want Wanderlei to win so that he can fight Rampage again. Jardine definitely deserves a shot though.

In my opinion, Sherk is more boring than Machida. I think BJ has all the tools available to take out Sherk.

Machida will win, especially if Tito tries to strike with him. Tito didn't make a very good showing in his last fight, and he hasn't beaten anyone on Machida's level for a while. I think Machida takes this one, most likely by decision. I'd be incredibly surprised and impressed if he somehow finishes the fight though.
    Clearly you've only seen his fights in the UFC (where he's only finished 1 fight). And even that finish was damn good.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 12:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tito didn't make a very good showing in his last fight, and he hasn't beaten anyone on Machida's level for a while.
    The problem is, we don't know Michima's level because he's undefeated.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 12:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    The problem is, we don't know Michima's level because he's undefeated.
    Now, if Michiama were A: Under contract to the UFC and B. Fighting on this PPV this would make sense. Lyoto MACHIDA, on the other hand, has wins over BJ Penn, Rich Franklin, Stephan Bonnar, Nakamura, and Thierry. Magic 8 Ball says he may be pretty skilled.

Also, how do you get that one cannot determine an undefeated fighters level of skill?

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 12:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Now, if Michiama were A: Under contract to the UFC and B. Fighting on this PPV this would make sense. Lyoto MACHIDA, on the other hand, has wins over BJ Penn, Rich Franklin, Stephan Bonnar, Nakamura, and Thierry. Magic 8 Ball says he may be pretty skilled.

Also, how do you get that one cannot determine an undefeated fighters level of skill?
    We don't know how far he can go. Maybe he can take the belt away from Rampage, maybe he won't get past Tito. It's easy to beat up jobbers (I'm not referring to the fighters you mentioned), but it doesn't show how much you're capable of. I think Machima can go much further in his career, I just don't how much further until he has some more big name competition.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 12:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I know is that out of his last 11 fights, Tito has had 3 finishes. All 3 were against Ken Shamrock. Which one of these guys is the boring win on scorecards guy again?

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 12:48am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    All I know is that out of his last 11 fights, Tito has had 3 finishes. All 3 were against Ken Shamrock. Which one of these guys is the boring win on scorecards guy again?
    Stop making good points, I'm tired of doing pushups.

Really all Machida has to be tested against is a really aggressive striker (which he sort of/should have gotten in Soku) and a good wrestler, which he'll get in Tito. If Jardine loses and Machida wins, he should either get a title shot after Forrest, or have a contender match with Rashad first.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 6:47am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see Wanderlei out working Jardine and bringing some damage in the clinch leading to a GnP stoppage in the second.

I think Tito will grind out a decision over Machida though I think Tito might actually be on the losing side of a controversial decision this time, which is fair turnaround after Belfort and Forrest.

BJ by sub becasue I belive in Jujitsu. BJ Penn has faced bigger and stronger wrestlers before and I don't se Shrek having enough to keep BJ down and stay safe at the same time. BJ will make him work for every takedown and punish him for it then if he gets him down BJ will constantly work to sweep/take the back or get back up and eventually Sherk's gonna get caught.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast