Posted On:
    4/25/2008 9:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lyoto vs Tito UFC 84

Any thoughts on how the fight would go?
    Would Ortiz be able to come back from hollywood lala land and kick some ass like he used to?

Would Machida show the world that he is extremely underrated?

I just came from the UFC 84 site they seem to have misplaced the ortiz-machida fight video with another wanderlei- jardine video lol
    Last edited by chingsta; 4/25/2008 11:04am at .

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 9:44am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ortiz vs tito, eh. i'd kinda like to see that. hell, i'd just like to see the promos.

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 9:47am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fix your Title

Lyoto vs Tito- I think Lyoto has great takedown defence, is a much better rounded fighter, and will tag Tito often enough to make him look stoopid and grind out a decision.

Wanderlai vs Jardine- Wanderlai is much more aggressive than chuck, so I don't see Jardine just hanging back and tagging the kicks to get the decision. I see this ending second round by brutal knees to the face

Bj vs sherk- **** if I know. BJ Penn seems to have the force of unstoppable destiny here, but it's really too much of each other's kryptonite.

Sherk's only been beaten before by people outwrestling him- which Penn can't do. He's also got great striking defense and is just hard as **** to rock. I'm not sure how penn is gonna put him on his back. Further, Penn's weakness is cardio, and Sherk has the best in the business(barring perhaps, Urijiah Faber)

......on the other hand I could say most of this stuff about Matt Hughes, who's a bigger,stronger sean sherk. And we know full well that BJ penn has whipped him some wrestlers.

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 10:11am

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ortiz has got a decent chance, more than most are giving him.

Wanderlei, if he's woken up and started training for real, should demolish Jardine by aggro-clinch.

I'd say that Penn's plan is to put Sherk on his back by knocking him there with his fists and will do his jiu-jitsu magic from there. Sherk might be able to get him down with one of his super-mega-double legs, but Penn is fully capable of owning from his back as well. This'll be interesting but I just don't think Sherk is capable of threatening Penn standup or on the ground and can only really win by lay-n-praying for as many rounds as possible to hopefully chip away at Penn's endurance and then trying to score points in the last round.

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 10:46am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Machida-Ortiz
    I've got a very clear picture of how this one is going to go, and I see it going a lot like the Forrest Griffin fight. Except Machida is better than Forrest.
    Round 1: Machida completely controls the fight on the feet but doesn't do much damage. Avoids a takedown or two, but then gets pushed against the fence and ends up on the floor. Machida controls Tito in his guard though and only catches 1 or 2 elbows. They get stood up and Machida lands a good left hand or two to end the round.
    Round 2: Tito gets frustrated by Machida's standup and his takedowns become increasingly sloppy. Machida continues to pepper and frustrate him with jabs and body kicks, and late in the round gets Tito on his back with a Sumo-style trip. Tito avoids any damage, but Machida has all the momentum by the end of the round.
    Round 3: Machida is able to keep it on the feet the whole time. He never really rocks Tito but hits him with a spinning back kick, a few knees from the clinch and a straight left or two after stuffing a takedown.
    Unanimous Decision, Machida.

Jardine-Silva
    Depends on which Wandy shows up...if he's aggressive, he wins. If he fights like he did against Chuck, he loses. I think Jardine handles Wandy like he did Chuck. If he can avoid the clinch, throw leg kicks and straight punches he gets the decision easy. If Wandy gets him in the Thai clinch though, it's over. Houston Alexander exposed Jardine's weakness in the clinch.

Penn-Sherk
    Lack of steroids will be Sherk's undoing. Really. They'll trade punches through rounds 1 and 2, with Penn winning most of it but Sherk landing a few hard shots. Sherk will get a takedown or 2 but will be controlled by BJ's guard. By the end of round 2 BJ will be slightly behind, but at the start of round 3 Sherk will be noticeably gassed. He'll get sloppy on a shot, BJ will take his back and submit him with a RNC before the halfway point. Yes, BJ Penn will out-cardio Sean Sherk.

You heard it here first.
    Last edited by G-Off; 4/25/2008 10:49am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 10:52am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tito vs Machida

how do i change the title

sorry guys i'm a noob here

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 11:11am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chingsta
    how do i change the title

sorry guys i'm a noob here
    There's a button at the bottom of your post that says "EDIT." Click that one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 11:14am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or maybe the title was done that way ON PURPOSE, since as we know the laws of karate-shido say, one's worst enemy, is oneself...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 11:14am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't think that works
    i'm talking bout the thread title

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 12:44pm

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    beg a mod

I thought you were talking about how Tito's challenge will be to awaken his inner spirit for one last great fight before he retires into seclusion, though.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast