Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 9:11pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Master Richard Gordon of First Strike

Overwhelming video evidence on You Tube says this guy teaches very poor grappling, stand-up and knife defense. He has invented his own style called First Strike aka First Strike JKD aka First Strike MMA. He claims a 7th Degree Dan in First Strike yet only holds 5th Dan in Taekwondo and 2nd Dan in JKD {see source 1}

Furthermore Gordon calls what he teaches Self Defense yet what he teaches is of extremely questionable merit in self defense application. And he calls what he teaches Mixed Martial Arts and uses terms like UFC (according to witness in YMAS thread). Proof of crappy technique being passed off as good self defense to unwitting students and public:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1McEo-aBEg

Loads more evidential videos of disaster http://www.youtube.com/user/FirstStrikeJKDSource

1, certificates awarded by Gordon to a student, showing Gordonís grades. Look closely, he really does award Kup grades in mixed martial arts.

</p>

I therefore suspect that Master Gordon is grossly misleading his students in his own abilities, and is guilty of extreme bullshido. In his defense, members of this community have declined his invitation to roll with him. This is unfortunate, but I hope you will agree that the above body of evidence is damning enough.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 9:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Information culled from this thread:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...5&goto=newpost

Its important to note that the "invitation" sent was not from a confirmed member of his school.
    Initial email contact has been made inviting him to the site, with no response to date.

His TKD status can be confirmed at this link:
    http://www.blackbeltworld.com/front/staff.htm

No records found as of yet as to his JKD credentials.

Personally, I think someone needs to attend his class, under the guise of looking into the school for membership.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 10:08pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 5:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys just won't let it drop will you?! Show some loyalty to your Forum Leader and stop this pathetic character assassination or face the legal consequences. You wouldn't be the first punks we've sued to protect our reputation this is not an idle threat!

I retract my offer of an open mat you aren't worth the spectacle of me beating the poop out of you.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 5:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did he just say poop? Ok no but seriously, this is a moderated thread which is supposed to cater to logical arguments. Therefore, present evidence counter to that of the OP and I'm sure all of this will be resolved nice and calmly.

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 5:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Evidence is in the feeling. Plenty of you guys bad mouth our teaching methods but NOT ONE OF YOU had the integrity to come try an open mat. Actions speak louder than words.

You are David, we know that. Take your poison words somewhere else no one wants to hear them here.

To It Is Fake, please remove this thread like you did for us previously. Thank you.

Respect

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 6:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't, I didn't move the 2nd MABS thread that Gabe started. If theobserver actually lurked, he would know who did.

Oops.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 6:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um, I only did FMA (Arnis) for a relatively short amount of time, but I'm pretty sure any decent knife fighting instructor will tell you to LEAD WITH THE KNIFE.

That in itself tells me its bullshido, because its the exact same mistake I, and every other noob to knife fighting, makes. They lead with the free hand and hold back the knife. Thats not the way its done.

And anybody stupid enough to slap an open hand at a knife like that deserves all the bloodloss he has coming.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 6:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having watched the video again, I'm still flabbergasted by what appears to be an attempt to teach knife defence... unfucking believeable.

How about teaching the guy to, I dunno, inflict some damage on the attacker instead of just slapping his hands around. If thats all you do, the guy with the knife is eventually going to **** you up. How about blocking a thrust and then KICKING HIM IN THE BALLS or even PUNCHING HIM IN THE FACE?

That instruction is going to get somebody killed.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 6:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So is someone going to visit that school?
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast