1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/28/2008 9:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas
    Also, for what it's worth, one of the few fights I've been in in my life (only as a teen and I don't like getting into fights for the record) was quickly ended via finger lock. I got a handful of fingers shoved against my chest while I was pushed, vs. a much heavier opponent and (in a completely non-technical way I'm sure) bent them all to hell. When I let go he just wanted to gtfo and was glad I was no longer twisting his fingers, but he wasn't a psycho intent on killing me.
    A well-considered post, Maofas. Many thanks for taking the time. For the record, I'm not into getting into fights either; I have merely ended up in jobs which involve ending them...or taking the fight out of someone. This does, however, sometimes involve recourse to physical means, so combative training is necessary. Hard-but-friendly full-contact sparring and randori is, of course, an integral part of that training.

Regarding the occasion you described, involving wrenching all your assailant's fingers, are you sure that getting ALL of them didn't turn it into a sort of hand- or wrist-crank? Just curious. Finally, I don't know what your definition of 'technical' is, but I'd say that if the crank you used worked as you intended, it was plenty 'technical'--intentionally or not on your part. Cheers.

Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 9:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, it started grabbing for his four fingers, but I think I wound up only cranking the index/middle/ring, the pinky slipped out almost right away.

I think it was all finger, but it's a fuzzy memory at this point and I suppose I could have gotten some wrist too. 'Technique'-wise, it was kind of like playing a game of mercy with only one person playing.

Eventually at some point I'll visit home and my old dojo; one of the two vjj guys still teaches there and I'll ask him about finger locks. He will probably take this as an opportunity to make me dance around the room at the end of a couple, but I'll do it in the name of science if I remember.

Featherweight

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/13/2008 8:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, Kyokushin n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They hurt, but like everyone said they aren't gonna be a fight ender. Very distracting to the person you're fingerlocking though. I use em on my roomates when they're drunk and want to fight me to see if I'll put some massive ass-whooping on them. Usually gets em for a second and then if you can position yourself to something more substantial they work out ok, but I don't recommend holding people there. Again, like everyone else has said these kids aren't trying to kill me so they usually don't struggle much with the finger lock.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    7/13/2008 11:48pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beware of walking the path of challenging Drunk Friend Fu. One day you walk in and innocently grab your beer and the massive vengeance is upon you and you find yourself surrounded by the Circle of Drunk Friends. Suddenly, you are picked up and thrown over couch and spill beer on yourself. And they are yelling, "Where are your finger locks now?!!" Not that I would know....

Featherweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 8:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, Kyokushin n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's ok dude, I've been in that boat too. Except they were still more drunk than I was, so I won...for now...

Posted On:
    7/20/2008 3:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ju jitsu,jkd,thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    they work but not if someone can quickly react and dosent gv you a chance

Achievements:

Posted On:
    7/20/2008 4:05pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shauny1971
    they work but not if someone can quickly react and dosent gv you a chance
    A punch works but not if someone can quickly react and dosent gv you a chance

a kick works but not if someone can quickly react and dosent gv you a chance

a throw works but not if someone can quickly react and dosent gv you a chance

Not trying to be an ass (ok maybe a little) just trying to show there is no content in that statement. I agree there is problems with finger locks and the ease in which they are countered. If you have actual knowledge about it please share...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345