Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 12:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if he just trains WT and they're roughly the same weight I'd put it at 99-1 in favour of PD (no offence...ok maybe 5-1) IMO if you tried to fight some roughly your size/exact size with/using WT you'd get a shock, especially if they did a form of sport fighting, like BJJ, Boxing, MT MMA/VT/NHB etc etc (you'd 99% loose) as i say just my opinion. If WT really "works" effectively I would definitely want to train it. It would be useful for me, but I don't think it's really that effective at all.

However if you're like a weightlifter/body builder / very strong 1) you'd have more of chance 2) You'd be very greatly limiting what you can achieve in terms of fighting IMO.

I haven't poractised WT myself, it could give me a shock in terms of how good it. I've seen clips and I'm not impressed + no evidence in the form of a resisting fight/street fight: Only that one video vs the WC "master" (Cheung.)

Edited by - Blade Windu on October 16 2002 12:23:39
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 1:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come PeeDee .... the odds are already 99-1 in your favour!!
    Go PeeDee Go! Go PeeDee Go!

"You were bored .... so you thought you'ld try some kung fu"

Edited by - ksmythe on October 16 2002 13:48:25

Ready are you? What know you of ready?

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 2:08pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT(& Prenatal Yoga)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blade,

What is your experience with WT? Who have you trained with to form an opinion?

If you train WT 2-4 hours a week and you are fighting a boxer that trains 4 hours a day, you will get KTFO, I'll agree with that.

I'm not super strong, not super weak either.
    If a `religion' is defined to be a system of ideas that contains unprovable statements, then Godel taught us that mathematics is not only a religion, it is the only religion that can prove itself to be one. -- John Barrow

Talk to TBK's boyfriend:

4. Michael

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 2:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well guys let me settle this...
    You want to fight I have promoters that will eat this up. I'm pretty sure I could talk one of them into setting up your grudge match, assuming there is a grudge there to settle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 2:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet! Does that include hotties in swimsuits to hold up the round cards?

Ready are you? What know you of ready?

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT(& Prenatal Yoga)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Promoters are like a cross between sharks and vampires.

No money, No promoters, unless you get a bunch of promoters together and they have to fight each other.
    If a `religion' is defined to be a system of ideas that contains unprovable statements, then Godel taught us that mathematics is not only a religion, it is the only religion that can prove itself to be one. -- John Barrow

Talk to TBK's boyfriend:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 2:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well put.

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 2:51pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "the odds are already 99-1 in your favour!!
    Go PeeDee Go! Go PeeDee Go! " - lol, i changed it to 5-1 ;)

No, as i said Little Idea, haven't trained, could be very wrong but I'm quite sure i'm not wrong to be honest.

"If you train WT 2-4 hours a week and you are fighting a boxer that trains 4 hours a day, you will get KTFO, I'll agree with that."

I agree with that, but I think if u trained boxing 2 hours a week and WT 4 hours a day (can't stress how much I'm not exaggerating) the WT person will still get KOed (just not as badly..i guess) or at least loose most (99%) of the time. However this may come down to it being the person and not the style (though I'm implying people of average/the same weight/strenghth.)

You're putting yourself at a great disadvantage by training WT (+ just about any TMA) and not training in what your opponent [PD] does imo - could be totally wrong but i doubt it, not from personal experince (not including WT, only from seeing the vids..) of TMA and training in sport fighting.

Even some1 weak like me is given an advantage skill wise + it motivates me to train outside of training (most importantly i find what I' doing enjoyable.) Can you really, honestly say that you love training WT/TMAs?

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 2:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you are VERY wrong .. only way to beat a boxer at boxing is by training just as much or more than him (which you normally won't do) hence the WingTsun saying: "Never box a boxer, never wrestle a wrestler!" if you were to grapple with a BJJ guy you either need superior strength or superior grapple technique to defeat him at his game.

Also while Boxers are great fighters and most are used to take quite a beating they are very vulnerable out of the ring as they don't train kicks/kness/elbows etc. and are very vulnerable as soon as they go to the ground.

The motto is from Bill Newman (Escrima Master)

Edited by - guest on October 16 2002 15:04:09

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 3:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing is about the best form of self defence there is: quick, strong and fast; focusing on one weapon. However if a boxer had a match with a MT/MMA/BJJ/wrestler, those guys could beat a boxer. However on the street it would be slightly different, due to not being prepared, having to be fast. That isn't to same sport fighting isn't fighting, and that they couldn't beat a boxer - they'd have a good chance - grapplers maybe a better chance (contradicting myself now) but a boxer would still be a difficult openent to beat, especially if he/she got the first hard punch in.

However in say 2 vs 1 situation, maybe boxing would be better - unless you could throw/slam the multiple oppnents quickly. MT may not be fast enough, due to kicks/grappling.

The above (in terms of boxing) is especially true for people who are strong/athletic etc..

Against WT/TMA (as I say) a boxer would have no problem - disagree with you strongly there "guest".

Edited by - Blade Windu on October 16 2002 15:16:16

Edited by - Blade Windu on October 16 2002 15:18:16

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast