Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 5:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you're thinking of his last fight where he had the huge gash in his head and the doctor stopped it and he started yelling **** YOU afterward. It was unclear who it was directed at but Rogan/Goldberg said they thought it was someone in the crowd heckling him. Anyway, between that and this latest fight I think Starnes has a really shitty attitude and saying "why aren't you fighting, ******?" after he just spent 3 rounds not fighting is a joke.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 6:06pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    But there was a fight in which he yelled at his corner right?

Maybe it before ATT - Tell me I am not imagining it.
    I posted it in another thread. According to an online press release he joined ATT in July of 2007.

So, unless the fight took place after that, no it wasn't ATT.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 6:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leec123
    I dont really keep up with the UFC scene, but I did catch this fight the other night. Starnes looked like he was beat the second he stepped in the ring. I think he knew he was going to be outclassed from the beginning.

I cant explain the running away tactics though-unless he was watching monty pythons' life of brian a lot. Surely his corner should have had a word between rounds?

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!! It was Monty Python and the Holy Grail, he was runnin and I was banging my head against random objects, while staring at girls with HUGE ....tracts of land hoping my castle doesnt burn down fall over then sink into the swamp...and it wasnt a broken foot it was merely a flesh wound...maybe that should be Kalibs new nickname BRAVE SIR ROBIN!!!!!

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 6:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what the **** are you on about
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 6:48pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fight where he yelled '**** YOU' to his corner man was the fight he had just before this one.

He caught a BIG fucking gash on his forehead, and the ref stopped it. His cornerman said something and Starnes yelled out "**** YOU, HE SAID HE COULD SEE MY FUCKING SKULL, **** YOU".

Which IMO was still inappropriate, however if his cornerman were questioning Starnes' heart at that point I could see why he was angry.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 7:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Massive indignation about Python and movie references. Awesome.

Saw spamalot at the Wynn a couple of months ago. Pretty damn funny.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 7:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Massive indignation about Python and movie references. Awesome.

Saw spamalot at the Wynn a couple of months ago. Pretty damn funny.

I saw a joke and got greedy...I should have waited to write that until after I ate...damn low blood sugar...that had potential, well at least to the uber dorks here:eusa_doh:

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 10:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want you all to know the only reason I will never, ever watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail is because you fucking nerds have quoted every line of dialog in that movie, out of order and out of context.

And it's not funny.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 10:37pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt he is a prospect, but they know him, and he knows them.

He was in Kelowna one weekend, just after he was on TUF. He was at the same club I was at, and it was FULL of HA up from the coast, and he was buddy buddy with them all. Apparently they came to Kelowna together.

So I really don't know if it's a simple social thing, being buddies with a few of them, or anything more. Might have been something that was blown out of context, but to me it doesn't seem THAT far fetched. He fits the type.

But yes this is all hearsay and rumor, so don't put too much value in it.

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 1:19am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    The fight where he yelled '**** YOU' to his corner man was the fight he had just before this one.

He caught a BIG fucking gash on his forehead, and the ref stopped it. His cornerman said something and Starnes yelled out "**** YOU, HE SAID HE COULD SEE MY FUCKING SKULL, **** YOU".

Which IMO was still inappropriate, however if his cornerman were questioning Starnes' heart at that point I could see why he was angry.
    That one I don't hold against him. Sherdog's write-up (not just the forum jackasses) also reported hearing the ring doctor say he could see skull. Continuing to fight after that can cause some serious problems. But if he's so defensive about having his heart questioned...well jeez, I don't even have to finish that question do I?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast