Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 8:39pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchu
    Yeah, LOL, that is what I think. If anyone wants to know howcome they get to Muay Thai Institute, and "Why are these crazy old men teaching me who can't remember my name or face from one minute to the next?" It is because they are former pro... I dont doubt that however many fights they have done, even if it is 100, and not 300, I still think they can merit saying whatever the **** they like simply because they took such a beating with old school rules and clearly have done a fuckload of brutal fights...

Yeah, well, I was just repeating what I heard. I am not pointing any fingers or claiming fact. TMT, even if they do do dodgey business, it is the best training I have seen in Thailand, and I have been many places. So that surpasses everything else. It is a Muay Thai Wonderland at TMT in Phuket.
    I think we are pretty much in agreement on everything.

The only dodgey business I have heard about TMT doing is overcharging for room rates and I have heard that from their students not Tiger Pitt guys. In the end however thats not really dodgey business by Thailand standards. Just cause you can get a cheaper room somwhere else doesn't meen that TMT doesn't have the right to charge what they want. If you prepay for anything before you go to Thailand it is your own damn fault and you will probably only learn by fucking up the first time.

I have also never heard that either TMT or TigerPitt were involved in any shady business as far as rigging fights pro or amatuer.

Their was one guy who came from Rawaii gym to TigerPitt and was complaining to anyone who would listen about how Rawaii were a bunch of frauds. From the second he introduced himself to me that is all he would talk about and all he did talk about until I bowed out of the conversation, he did the same with every Furong their, he was a fairly strange charactor. When Sean heard this he asked him to leave the gym because he did not want to create a beaf with anyone. He never said a bad word about Rawaii either and I believe he was a trainer their at one point.

I am really looking forward to training at TMT when I get back to Phuket. I stayed at the Shanti lodge with a bunch of people who trained their who liked it alot. They also have a more active jiu jitsu program and rolling area which sounds awesome. I believe their guys did very well in the bangkok grappling games last year.

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 3:27am

Style: Muay Thai. Ansatsuken.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danielson
    I am really looking forward to training at TMT when I get back to Phuket. I stayed at the Shanti lodge with a bunch of people who trained their who liked it alot. They also have a more active jiu jitsu program and rolling area which sounds awesome. I believe their guys did very well in the bangkok grappling games last year.
    TMT room rates are standard compared to most hotels. I dont understand the problem.

Anyway, when are you coming? I am prob going to be here for the next 2 or so years I decided now. So you prob see me, whether or not you know who I am I dunno but. The guy with the most arcane tattoos you have ever seen on his torso - that is me.

The MMA and grappling programme here is well organized. The guys here who teach also fight pro, so it is good, yeah.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 5:41pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchu
    TMT room rates are standard compared to most hotels. I dont understand the problem.

Anyway, when are you coming? I am prob going to be here for the next 2 or so years I decided now. So you prob see me, whether or not you know who I am I dunno but. The guy with the most arcane tattoos you have ever seen on his torso - that is me.

The MMA and grappling programme here is well organized. The guys here who teach also fight pro, so it is good, yeah.

Its not a problem I have, it's something I have heard from a number of students who went to TMT but like I said I don't consider high prices to be dishonest or have any bearing on the quality of training. Regarding the rooms though, they did say that they were very nice.

I would be there now if it were possible but unfortunately it is not, I expect to be there sometime within the next twelve months. I recently recomended Tiger to my friend David from MD who was there a few months ago. Not sure if you met him, he is about 5"8 or so about 38-40 years old real dark hair. He said he had a great time and loved the training.

Hope I get a chance you meet you when I get back there. How are you getting around the Visa situation? I know before you could just cross the border and come back but things had changed last time I was their. Sean told me if I wanted to come train for a year I could get a student visa.

Anytime you want to post news about Thailand I am always excited to hear it .

Posted On:
    6/01/2008 1:52am

Style: Muay Thai. Ansatsuken.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danielson
    Its not a problem I have, it's something I have heard from a number of students who went to TMT but like I said I don't consider high prices to be dishonest or have any bearing on the quality of training. Regarding the rooms though, they did say that they were very nice.

I would be there now if it were possible but unfortunately it is not, I expect to be there sometime within the next twelve months. I recently recomended Tiger to my friend David from MD who was there a few months ago. Not sure if you met him, he is about 5"8 or so about 38-40 years old real dark hair. He said he had a great time and loved the training.

Hope I get a chance you meet you when I get back there. How are you getting around the Visa situation? I know before you could just cross the border and come back but things had changed last time I was their. Sean told me if I wanted to come train for a year I could get a student visa.

Anytime you want to post news about Thailand I am always excited to hear it .
    Well, I can assure the the TMT room rates are similar to all hotel rates. End UV story. Long term if you can not strike a deal then get an apartment, as the TMT rooms are not intended for long term stay. More so multiple week stay.

Visa, I have a Thai wife and get marriage visas which last 3 months, then I go to Laos to renew it. I doubt you will get a student visa. First off you need all the schools licencing and everything photocopied, and when I had all that I went and tried it and it got rejected. They said Muay Thai is not for student visas. I doubt you will get it. There is a thread at this site: www.muaythailand.com which is on visa for Muay Thai students. Short of a Thai wife I think the best option is something like getting renewals of 2 or 3 month tourist visas or something. I have never done it that way, but there is a visa combo you can bust if you do it in a certain order to minimize cost and so on. If you go to that site and find the thread you will get all the info you need, plus heaps of other in all regards to everything about Muay Thai in Thailand...

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 12:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Greco Roman Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Tenchu, Glad you liked TMT. I trained last November-January there but mostly MMA. I will be going back to Thailand in the fall, but think I am going to have to be in Bangkok to teach English:( How is it going there? Any more seminars similar to the swick/southworth ones?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123