Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 12:21pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Savate shoes

where to buy? A number of kicks in my FMA material are supposed to impact with the shoe, and I'd like a nice durable shoe that won't jack up the rug, but will be able to dig the point in when doing my harder contact sparring? Not having to pay $50 in shipping from france would be a plus.

Search function didn't yield it first time through.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 12:54pm

Style: Hillbilly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They're very hard to find in the US, my friend. If you want to do the translations/conversions here's a french site that has them

http://www.sport7online.com/produits...?rayon=1&cat=0

You might also want to try contacting The School of Savate Los Angeles and asking where they get theirs

http://www.schoolofsavate.com/

Failing that I've found that boxing and wrestling shoes are nearly identical to savate shoes. And they're a lot easier to find. Any good, sturdy shoe will work anyway. There's nothing particularly special about the commonly used shoes in France.

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    selfcritical, I personally favor the Adidas Samba indoor soccer shoe. Fits well, won't scuff/wreck indoor surfaces/mats and has a stiff toe for the savate kicks. I've worn them for my last 4 Gatherings and will probably never go back to another shoe for fighting. I can count at least 4 fights I've ended with the fouette kick to the floating ribs/solar plexus.

If you can't find that particular model, just look at the indoor soccer shoes in general, I've seen some really good looking ones out there.

Aloha, Poi
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 1:52pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poidog
    selfcritical, I personally favor the Adidas Samba indoor soccer shoe. Fits well, won't scuff/wreck indoor surfaces/mats and has a stiff toe for the savate kicks. I've worn them for my last 4 Gatherings and will probably never go back to another shoe for fighting. I can count at least 4 fights I've ended with the fouette kick to the floating ribs/solar plexus.

If you can't find that particular model, just look at the indoor soccer shoes in general, I've seen some really good looking ones out there.

Aloha, Poi
    Yeah. I'm mainly looking for that nice stiff toe to give my body-kicks some authority, and sturdiness so I don't have to buy a new one.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 3:45pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've not worn any of these shoes but I have ordered stuff from Karatedepot before they are fairly prompt.

http://www.karatedepot.com/martialartsshoes.html

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 3:56pm

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poidog

Aloha, Poi
    Samba was the shoe of football casuals and young team members in Britain in the early 80's if that's any recommendation of it's sturdiness.

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 3:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

where to buy shoes in the US

one of the only US suppliers for Savate shoes :

www.isbausa.com

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been sparring with my wrestling shoes on lately. I find that they're sufficiently to allow to throw pointed savate-style kicks, and protect my feet quite nicely. I still prefer the shin for leg and body kicks, but a pointed kick to the head is a wonderful, wonderful thing. Hard to block, too.