226225 Bullies, 3615 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 36 of 36
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Eddie Hardon is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,500

    Posted On:
    4/28/2008 10:19am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wandered passed the seminar area and took a peek at the Steve Morris Seminar. I had to stand on tip toe to see in and I regret not booking it (but only got my ticket on Sunday). Crikey, he's something like 63 years but moves with youth and vigour. Having been referred to his website by a work colleague (Dan Grade Shotokan/TKD and Wing Chun exponent) whose opinion I respect, I am amazed that the UK has had someone so exceptional teaching. I also learned that my previous next Door Neighbour (Floyd Brown) had been his student. I'd probably be scared of him as well....and I'd probably be somewhat in awe of him. Still, I relish the learning and knowledge he imparts on his website and I believe it all (seriously).

    As I moved away and glanced into the next seminar, a kickboxer came straight through the wall and landed at my feet. He still had the wall with him. Blimey. It looked like a very interesting Thai Boxing seminar.

    Also noticed the Canemasters free session. I should have had a go at that as I've done some cane work under a JJ Senior Dan so, my loss. The Joe Carslake seminar is one I should have booked as well. My loss again, I'm sure.

    I must get myself better organised next year and hope that I can persuade someone to go with me. You tend to forget things without someone to correct your memory of a technique etc.

    Other observations, I wandered passed a huge queue and realised it was for autographs by Shannon Lee and Richard Bustillo. Bob Breen has having a conversation with some chappie just beyound them. Behind was, I assume, Tim Tackett teaching some portly chaps some striking, chain punching. Continuing on, I came across another huge queue and found it was for the UFC. Again, autograph signing by Michael Bisping. I was puzzled by the wrap around sun glasses (we were inside FFS!) but I'm always puzzled when I see such as it suggests an affectation. I may be doing him a disservice as he just might have been protecting his eyes post-UFC last week. Moving on, I saw Dan Henderson on his own (well, plus 1 security b loke) at a fightwear stand. Very few people there at that time hence my surprise.

    A very enjoyable day but I should do more and actually take part next year rather than just gawp but then again, every thing is of interest to me - and I enjoyed the Sikh Gatka demo.
  2. Das Moose is offline
    Das Moose's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Belfast, NI
    Posts
    1,840

    Posted On:
    4/28/2008 10:50am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, my videos from the BJJ competition can be found here
  3. Meerkat is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    5/04/2008 3:52pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cj
    Whos your mate if you dont mind me asking? I attend pretty much all the classes so most likely know him altho we have had a couple of guys recently train with us from various other academys (brasa, rgda, royce, gb). With regard to nick, yeah hes been teaching for years i think, he also instructs at quite a few classes at RGA, i personally have been training with him since last febuary, wish i had found it years ago
    Ooh ooh (hands go up) that'll be me Mr Hard On is talking about!!!

    Yeah I'm loving the Mill Hill training. Just wish I could go more often. Especially now that class times have expanded to three times a week (Mon, Wed, Thurs) and each session goes on for longer (7pm-10pm). Which, at 7.50, must make it the best value BJJ club in London.
  4. cj is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    91

    Posted On:
    5/04/2008 4:04pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat
    Ooh ooh (hands go up) that'll be me Mr Hard On is talking about!!!

    Yeah I'm loving the Mill Hill training. Just wish I could go more often. Especially now that class times have expanded to three times a week (Mon, Wed, Thurs) and each session goes on for longer (7pm-10pm). Which, at 7.50, must make it the best value BJJ club in London.
    c'mon man gimme a clue or im gonna be suspiciously eyeing everyone :tongue3:
    my son is DCB the orange belt :icon_thum
  5. Meerkat is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    5/04/2008 4:31pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cj
    c'mon man gimme a clue or im gonna be suspiciously eyeing everyone :tongue3:
    my son is DCB the orange belt :icon_thum
    Oh sorry CJ, thought you would have guessed ..it's Seymour.
    Hey you wrote that he did a RNC - awesome. Bet you looked on proudly.
    I secretly harbour ambitions to get my little'uns trained up with grappling the moment they can say Yes Sensei.

    'Eddie Hardon' and me go way back, when we pretty much began Trad JJ at the same time.

    See you are Nicks - hopefully tomorrow night.

    In the meantime, you can amuse yourself by checking out my blog:
    http://meerkat69.blogspot.com/

    Take care dude!
  6. cj is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    91

    Posted On:
    5/04/2008 4:35pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat
    Oh sorry CJ, thought you would have guessed ..it's Seymour.
    Hey you wrote that he did a RNC - awesome. Bet you looked on proudly.
    I secretly harbour ambitions to get my little'uns trained up with grappling the moment they can say Yes Sensei.

    'Eddie Hardon' and me go way back, when we pretty much began Trad JJ at the same time.

    See you are Nicks - hopefully tomorrow night.

    In the meantime, you can amuse yourself by checking out my blog:
    http://meerkat69.blogspot.com/

    Take care dude!
    I was thinking it was either you or ray (royce guy, not sure if you have met him) gonna check out your blog now,
    See ya tommorrow :icon_bigg
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.