Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 1:49pm

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoshinkanuk View Post
    good People,

I can't see where im listed as an Al Martin student, and if I was it's just Al screwing with me, again - 90% of his sites are false in terms of information presented, using multiple user names and talking crazy is his usual way online, so open up to that idea.

I'm going to send an email to the address on http://shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com/ to verify that this poster is the Jim Neeter from that site.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 1:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We will see you later then James Shoshikanuk Needer. You know sooner or later the truth comes out an I am seeing a pattern in your posts and Al's emails to me; and some your belated friend Paul Hart's old posts on another board.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 2:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why not send an E-mail and Invite the real Al Martin here just for kicks and giggles!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 2:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about inviting some of Al Martin's real students here to debate the valility of the Shorin-ryu the have learned from Al.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 2:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I met Al Martin for a day a couple of years back in Florida, he was one hell of a creepy guy - ok basic karate but essentially full of crap, we worked out for about 4 hours and had some lunch after.

Real shame as he is obviously obsessed with martial arts in so many ways, mostly fantasy............

He turned real nasty when I returned to UK and told him thanks but no thanks for future meets/communication - false e-mails, very offensive wording all that kind fo stuff, using different names.

Paul Hart (I know his real name but he recently deceased so out of respect lets stick with Paul Hart) was equaly mixed up, they made a good pair really.

I spoke on skype with Paul for hours, and in fairness he seemed like a genuine guy in some ways, but he wasn't hard to see through, Paul did all the stuff Al did and someone posted his Naihanchi and another kata on youtube, which was dreadful - I also have somewhere him working out with his top student, kumite pairs work and kihon and it to is very, very bad.

both these guys are terrible representatives of martial arts, and whilst I do wish Paul to rest in peace, theres no hiding these facts.
    The above post reminds me of this Article!

My Sensei Alton (Al) Martin Jr.
    "The Master of Shorin Ryu"
    By
    Matt Sommers and Chris Kimsey 2007
    The remarkable, reclusive, recalcitrant Alton (Al) Martin Jr., Sensei had studied with his father from age 4 to 14 his father Al Martin Sr. had been taught by Master Sakugawa from Okinawa, who passed on the lineage of the system before he died. And in the same tradition, an already aged Bull Sakugawa son of Master Sakugawa saw in Al Martin Sr. the potential to become the Successor/Guardian of the Okinawa life protection art of the hand. Al Martin Sr., Sensei had only a couple dozen students in his lifetime and most of them have become the Instructors of Alton (AL) Martin JR. Sensei, with a few being lost to the years and some have passed on to the great Kingdom above the Sky.

As Chris Kimsey, Sensei recounts, "The first time I met Alton Martin Jr., Sensei was in a restaurant I used to go to after work”. The owner, who knew I was a martial arts instructor, pointed out a short little man sitting by himself in a booth he said that fellow over there knows real karate, “A Special Old Style of Karate” he told me how he himself used to train with Al’s father who had been stationed in Okinawa during WWII. I went over to speak with him (Al Martin JR.), to get to know him, but I could feel the Sensei's powerful aura holding me off. When he looked at me his eyes were hauntingly brown and piercing like daggers, and I could barely mumble my name under the intensity of his stare. He ignored me that night, but I kept after him…I found out where he lived and used to drive by his house at least once a day… I gathered my courage after a few weeks then I packed a bag and camped out in his front yard under “Ironically” a pine tree for a whole week, luckily he didn’t call the police to me. Eventually, little by little, he got used to me (or tired of me) hanging around and finally came out to talk to me. After this I would show him what I knew, which I thought was pretty good Karate, but he'd just shake his head and tell me I was only a beginner. He'd say, 'you know this?' then do a little move, which of course I didn't know, then look at me laying on the ground and shake his head again.

"I remember, like it happened yesterday, when he accepted me as his student. I'd been hanging around and bugging him for lessons for months. One night he turned that stare of his on me and said, 'You really ready to die?' I had to take a step back…you could tell he was deadly serious…but I found the courage to say yes. He looked through me, said 'Good,' then after a pause said, 'The training may kill you.'"

Chris Kimsey quit teaching; quit everything but eating, sleeping and his job in order to dedicate himself to learning Okinawa Shorin Ryu from Alton (AL) Martin Jr. Sensei. Chris Kimsey called his girlfriend and told her, "I'm going away on a trip and won't be able to see you for a while - about five years. Al Martin Jr., Sensei Immediately began the grueling process of physically training Kimsey, Sensei in the (Old Ways) forgotten about exercises and ancient training methods, and Kimsey, Sensei ate it up like a starving man for over Five years of intense training and continues to train today. Now 2007 almost half a century in the arts later; with thirty years teaching Okinawa Shorin Ryu to Adults and their kids and their Kid’s kids a generation later Chris Kimsey Sensei states he has no regrets. “Most people are like me they earn a Black Belt in a Commercial dojo in Shotokan, Goju, Isshin or other Ryu’s, or one of the Itosu Shorin Ryu Branch systems like Matsumura Seito or Shobayashi maybe even Tae Kwon Do or worst someone’s Modern Mixed Martial Arts crap and they get caught up in themselves, how great they are or how Great their style or Sensei (Teacher) is in reality they have no clue of the realm or scope of real Karate (Okinawa Life preserving Hand) and are to closed minded due to the massive amounts of time and money that they have shelled out, to find out for themselves. Most of these folks start their own Systems or they search out a money hungry Okinawan to be their modern Master of their system in hopes that by doing so it gives them a leg up on their money grubbing competition claiming lineage back to old Okinawa. Someone once said one day real Okinawa Karate would only be found in America what a unique truth!

Written by
    Matt Sommers and Chris Kimsey 2007

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 2:45pm

Style: Okinawan Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I'm going to send an email to the address on http://shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com/ to verify that this poster is the Jim Neeter from that site.

Jeff, your e-mail has been recieved and I have responded.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 2:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FYI:

Matt Sommers passed away Dec. 23, 2008 and as Shoshikanuk pointed out earlier Paul Hart Passed away Dec. 13, 2008

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 3:04pm

Style: Okinawan Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by norder View Post
    Hey Shoshinkanuk, James (Jim) Neeter

Your listed as one of Al Martin's Students at http://karateinc.tripod.com So W.T.F.
    ok I saw, now please take that down Al - as you did before, I am not and have never been a student of yours.

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 3:08pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good People,

I can't see where im listed as an Al Martin student, and if I was it's just Al screwing with me, again - 90% of his sites are false in terms of information presented, using multiple user names and talking crazy is his usual way online, so open up to that idea.

I met him once, as stated, I am me, as stated on this username - thats it im afraid, nothing more, nothing less.

Mods, perhaps an IP search will help sort out who is who - im sure you will find multiple usernames at the same IP, that will be Al then.

Im done here, I have said my piece, anyone can contact me anytime at my web blog www.shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com etc etc.

Shoshink we have talked and I am being serious here.

I didi in fact when going to his website and looing at students find you listed as a teacher... I believe the link int eh listing opened to your blog. So yu might want to have a word with him. the lin to his website can be googled.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 3:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to see Al Martin take that down to! Come on Al take that down now! We are waiting Al why is it still there. Hey one of the Al Martins take it down before Needer cries in front of us all. LOL!~ James Neeter or Paul or Al show us take it down like you did before. (W.T.F.)
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast