Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 12:12pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoshinkanuk View Post
    front hand work is big in authentic okinawan karate, same time deflect/strike kind of work, to set up the reverse hand to finish is a core tactic, particulary in shorin ryu.
    Mods please forgive my derail... Shoshinkanuk I can't pm you but I have to say that it is fascinating for me to hear you speak of Okinawan karate. I have just never heard anyone outside of Asia or the United States speak of his\her experience of the art. When I saw this thread and saw a big time commercial guy (Al the mustache Martin haha) I was like What!!?? cause I had never seen a big time Okinawan guy with a large school.

Consider: If a man does Shotokan then the JKA virtually guarantees that uniformity exists throughout the world. It has been my experience that in Okinawan karate more variety exists and there is no monolithic organization that has "canonized" any part of the art. My own opinion is that the art can well be taught as a folk art, much like some of the Indonesian arts are taught... in the village square one teacher a few students.

We were very specialized in our training... everything was geared towards fighting... I often tell people that I studied the art for around fifteen years and learned maybe 3 katas,that was it but\and those had to be learned perfectly... literally at any time if Sensei said "stop!!" even if you were midkick, you could stop on a dime (body control). We also did a lot of breaking, but the main focus was fighting (kumite) and some ippon kumite. All the clubs in the area were fighting clubs and most of them were birthed by Riley's (Riley Hawkins) tremendous loins... they were, like my teacher, Okinawan Karate guys with some Shotokan and some Mu Duk Kwoon guys thrown in for good measure. The Kung Fu guys would not "play" with us haha.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2009 1:44am

Style: Okinawan Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no idea why I cant be pm'ed, but to be fair I don't get on this site much and just wanted to say my piece about Al Martin, I can be contacted at my web blog - www.shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com or indeed directly on james@neetersolutions.co.uk be great to talk okinawan karate and kobujutsu with anyone seriously interested etc etc.

Posted On:
    7/27/2009 8:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shoshinkanuk. James "Jim" Neeter is a fraud! He is Paul Hart he killed himself off in the U.S.A. and fled to the U.K. **I must warn all** I met this idiot in the U.K. he is a reported pedophile who is connected to Al the asshole Martin. James Neeter A.K.A. Paul Hart told me he was a student of Al Martin's in Florida U.S.A. and Charles Garrett in California U.S.A. as well as Roger Sheldon in the U.K. Who by James Neeter words was a student of Ronald Lindsay of Bostock Texas U.S.A. They have another cohort named Brian Jamison Cox who says he is a student of Dan Inosanto I have studied with James "Jim" Coffman and Fuse Kise so i have my facts correct when I say that these guys are both frauds. This is another one of their feeble attempts to deceive good Karate-ka and popularize their Bull Shido. I would imagine Jim Neeter does have pictures of himself with his cohort Al the asshole Martin.

I met Al the asshole Martin his Karate is good, some original Okinawan Stuff however he is an asshole who thinks he is God of all Karate. The rumors are true he has a lot of students who are very talented however its like a frigging cult or a gang (like the frigging Jedi order in star wars) mixed with the sith B.S. and it Al's way or nothing at all. His Group gets deep into Factual History as well as Meditation and other cool techniques. I enjoyed learning the style and the facts acoording to them, and lot of history the system has solid historical fact however Al Martin himself is an asshole!

Angie A. Journey

Posted On:
    7/27/2009 8:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oops I forgot a couple more of the assholes cult you should stay clear of as well. I will name them here.

Scott Mertz
    Frank Williams
    Robert Martinez
    Matt Sommers
    Chris Kimsey
    Tim Griffin
    Kevin Vanhalen
    Norbert Mess

Posted On:
    7/27/2009 8:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoshinkanuk View Post
    I met Al Martin for a day a couple of years back in Florida, he was one hell of a creepy guy - ok basic karate but essentially full of crap, we worked out for about 4 hours and had some lunch after.

Real shame as he is obviously obsessed with martial arts in so many ways, mostly fantasy............

He turned real nasty when I returned to UK and told him thanks but no thanks for future meets/communication - false e-mails, very offensive wording all that kind fo stuff, using different names.

Paul Hart (I know his real name but he recently deceased so out of respect lets stick with Paul Hart) was equaly mixed up, they made a good pair really.

I spoke on skype with Paul for hours, and in fairness he seemed like a genuine guy in some ways, but he wasn't hard to see through, Paul did all the stuff Al did and someone posted his Naihanchi and another kata on youtube, which was dreadful - I also have somewhere him working out with his top student, kumite pairs work and kihon and it to is very, very bad.

both these guys are terrible representatives of martial arts, and whilst I do wish Paul to rest in peace, theres no hiding these facts.
    I am Paul Hart however I call my self Shoshinkan in the U.K. So of course I hope my dead identity in the U.S.A. rests in Peace!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/27/2009 9:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Konichiwa, Journey

I haven't seen or heard from you in a couple years. I saw you posted here tonight as I was skulking about using my much much older I.D. here so I made a new one so I can correct you guys and keep my other I.D. clean.

I was the one that met with James "Jim" Neeter at the Golds Gym in Vero Beach, Florida as Al Martin I have met quite a few folks "me" pretending to be Al Martin and as you know, but did not disclose to everyone it is my pictures AL Martin uses on all his websites. Back to Jim Neeter (I video taped the meeting from my Gym bag and even posed for pictures with neeter) He never asked for my I.D. However the girl behind the desk at Golds Gym did, but a quick fifty and a fake I.D. got me alot. I went out with her later. I took Tiffiany Starr who played Mrs. Martin it was awesome fun. Neeter begged me (playing Al) to back him in creating his own style. Neeter even has his wife (a hot little stewardess with him) and he gave Al this little pewter mug. he kept begging me to endorse his Shoshin system of Karate a real nerdy looking guy.

He could be Paul Hart I never met Paul and now I guess his wife shot and killed him some kind of marital dispute over in Washington State or it could be a hoax maybe Jim Neeter is Paul Hart or he could even be Al himself for all intended purposes. I been in the cult as you call it for seventeen years and I have never met ol' Al Martin himself Terry Grant taught me. Instead of star wars try Knights Templar or better yet Free Masons but not Star Wars, maybe Sanhedrin not Star Wars. By the way Jack Lasalle has been the one teaching you and ha! ha! He is not Al Martin either nor am I. Does Al Martin really exist? My answer does Santa Claus? If you have faith then maybe! or maybe he has been dead for years! I do not know! would be nice to see you again! You know how to reach me. Watch out for the head of John the Baptiste!

Love ya, Journey ( the folks you named gonna be pretty mad at ya)
    Hello to Al Martin

James N.

Posted On:
    7/27/2009 10:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No Thanks, Nord its all to creepy for me now kinda like the C.I.A. maybe your all Al Martins. or the wizzard of Oz. How could people think you are old enough to be Al?

My current teacher says Okinawan Karate its'self is fantasy (learn fighting from Island indians who never fought a day in their lives) he says not likely. Every article I read lately seems to say that karate in general is bogus no true facts exist to shed light on anything its all a hoax and in reality an in-effective waste of time. I will stick with my Shorinji and with Kise and maybe some shooting lessons.

Journey

Posted On:
    7/27/2009 10:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are lot of things you can devote your time to guys, but Karate is a waste of your time. Okinawan Karate is Fake no matter who the teacher is. Its old out-dated and useless in todays society. If you try using it you find out even if you use it in self defence that it only makes matters worse. Karate is Violence that creates more useless Violence. (many documented cases) and serious reprecussions. My suggestion is to young children try Tae Kwon Do it is great for sport and alot of fun like baseball or Dance. Women like myself hit the gym the secret to weight loss is lots of Cardio (running) not doing bogus kata. For men try Boxing or maybe even Jujitsu (two guys rolling around on the floor how Roman) for the rest of the nerds try Shorinji its good better if you teacher is hot!
    Sayonara (Bye,bye) Al Martin
    Journey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 2:26am

Style: Okinawan Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well it would seem Al Martin is with us (proberly under several names.....)- to the forum this is the only ID I use online so please ignore any posts that are signed, shall we say 'on my behalf', this is standard Al Martin tactics, he is a nut case.

Al im pleased you found the thread, after the ammount of abuse you threw at me for calling you out as a fraud after our Florida meeting, I felt it important to keep in contact.........

before I thought it appropiate to let sleeping dogs lie, I had hoped you would reflect a little and change your attitudes but this clearly hasn't happened, about the only thing you wrote that is correct is yes, my wife is a hottie!

I actually wish you well Al, your bullshit to oneside we had a good meeting/exchange and you do have ok karate, but why you have to make all this stuff up, and treat people the way you do,god only knows - your even talking **** about Paul who is now dead, my god and he was a friend of yours.

Still this will be fun now and im sure the bullshido guys can begin to get to work on you, im an open book and hardly worth anyones effort as I make no claims of anything and just work hard at my martial arts.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2009 10:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, Jim Needer

As I stated in my earlier post to Angie Journey (poit2) you met me, and I am not '"The real Al Martin". You have never met Al Martin himself and as far as I know you never will. My name is James Nord you may call me James! Al Martin for many reasons does not place himself in front of strangers. Your friend Paul Hart met Al Martin however I am sure his widow will attest to the fact that it took several years for it to be arranged. after that meeting you will notice that he quit all the groups he was on and faded into obscurity. If you were not so full of yourself you could see your mistakes and why someone like Al Martin would not meet someone like you personally. Why would a super successful person with secret knowledge of special Okinawan Karate meet with you (a nobody for free) they would not. If the did and the showed you something you would post on your blog and give it way, that would make it no longer rare or valuable. Many people have been trying for years to get Al Martin to write a book about his Shorin Ryu this will never happen because if it did it would cap the amount of money that could be made to the price of the book times the amont of copies sold. It would also defeat the purpose of direct transmission of Instructor to student, not to mention break the sacred trust of the Sakugawa Family.

To clarrify a few facts.
    Al Martin Jr. learned from Al Martin Sr. Who learned directly from the Sakugawa Family of/from Okinawa. He was given the opportunity to do this for not killing Okinawan children. It was Al Martin Seniors job in the U.S. Marines to bomb/close all caves on Okinawa during World War two Martin Sr. new that there were not any young Japanese children (ages 3-10) on Okinawa during the war so they had to be Native village kids. Those children were extrackted an sent to Yonbaru then the cave they were hiding in was closed. The Account has been written in many historical books on the battle one in particular was by the opposing Japanese Commander/General. Martin Sr. was also a Cartographer for the Marines. After the war he was stationed in Texas and Hawaii he was part of the first Marines on there when Hawaii started for statehood and he was able to work with many Bento farmers from Okinawa. Al Martin Sr was born in Sept. 1920. and Passed away April of 1986 and as you already know he is credited with starting a small dojo in Texas in 1960 and it is Texas where Ronald Lindsay met Al Martin Sr.

James Nord
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast