Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 2223242531 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 9:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate, Hsing I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Al Martin does have more than a few Karate school's in Florida and Georgia. Florida has three main internet companies Embarq, Comcast and Verizon. I noticed that the user named Nidan Cave Divers I.P. comes from Comcast.net Listed as Sarasota Florida, Newspaper wise check the archives! I found this as well.

06/02/06

North Port welcomes new karate school

NORTH PORT -- Alton Martin started his martial arts training at age 4. Now, with 32 years of experience in the martial arts, he owns and operates four Karate Incorporated martial arts schools in Florida.
    Martin has a sixth-degree black belt in Shorin Ryu Karate and an eighth-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
    North Port is the fourth and newest Karate Incorporated location. Karate Incorporated is at 1503 South Tamiami Trail in North Port between Winn Dixie and Publix, near the Olde World Restaurant.
    "We came to North Port because North Port is growing and it's a quiet, residential community," owner Alton Martin said.
    Karate Incorporated has been in business since 1988 and has seven affiliate martial arts schools in Georgia.
    "We are one of the most professional and fastest-growing karate schools in the country," Martin said.
    There are six instructors at the North Port location.
    Karate Incorporated instructors have done safety and stranger awareness seminars for Toledo Blade, Cranberry and Glenallen elementary schools. The company plans to bring its Community Focus Program to North Port's schools in 2007, which involves Karate Incorporated instructors going to schools, after school programs, and day care centers to teach martial arts.
    In addition to "age-appropriate" martial arts training, students who participate in the Community Focus Program are taught balance, hand-eye coordination, listening skills, respect, discipline and other useful skills.
    Karate Incorporated offers age-appropriate karate and tai chi instruction.
    "We group by age and grade level," Martin said.
    Children may enroll in one of five age-based curriculum programs, ranging from ages 2 to 14.
    Adults can enroll in Shorin Ryu Karate, Shorin Ryu Kobudo, Shaolin Kung-Fu, Internal Chaun-Fa, kickboxing and Taji-Quan sessions.
    Classes are offered six days a week. Children's classes are held from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Intermediate and adult classes are held from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday. Children's classes are held from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Saturdays. Adult and intermediate classes are held 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Saturdays. Classes on Sunday are by appointment only.
    Price of instruction varies depending on the package customers choose. Packages with more training days cost more. The basic fee for children is $100 a month. The basic fee for adults is also $100 a month. For the basic $100 fee, students get two training days per week. Each training session is an hour and a half. Family discounts are given.
    For more information about Karate Incorporated call Alton Martin at 941-240-5196 or 941-423-8778. More information is also available on the company's Web site at www.karateinc.tripod.com.

By CHRISTINA KALIHER SUN INTERN

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 9:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.sun-herald.com/NewsArchiv...&story=bz2.htm Here's were I got the info on the article.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 9:53am

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We should compile a list of Mr. Martin's known school locations and see if a local bully can go check on each one -- to see if they even exist.

I can do it in the next few days, but if someone else has some free time that would be great.

I would suggest bringing along the picture we have of James Norder (or is it Al or maybe Jimmy Hoffa) and see if the folks at the school can ID the person.

I know we have some members in the Tampa and Orlando areas. Is there anyone in Fort Meyers or Naples?

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 9:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also read an article a while back that Alton Martin was in the running for the "Golden Apple Award" which is the state of Florida's highest award given to certified teachers for excellance in their field. I also have seen he was voted as a point of light by President George Bush for his work with children in the Florida school systems. I am looking for the links now!

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 9:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kathleen Cole Al Martin Victoria Ford Ashley Sitton Myia Fowler ... Our latest WYFF's Golden Apple Award Winner. The Link is available here. ...

www.k12.sc.us/hughes/news/photo0607.asp

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 10:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Al Martin (Motivational Speaker) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

... nominated for the President's Point of Light Award and the Florida Community Activist of the Year. ... Al Martin Training Services, Inc. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al Martin_(Motivational_Speaker) -

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 10:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this the same Al Martin?http://justanothercoverup.com/

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 10:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never saw the picture of Al Martin and James Neeter has that been posted yet?

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 10:09am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Digger View Post
    Al Martin (Motivational Speaker) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

... nominated for the President's Point of Light Award and the Florida Community Activist of the Year. ... Al Martin Training Services, Inc. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al Martin_(Motivational_Speaker) -
    This may be the wrong one unless he is Black!

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 10:35am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope you are being sarcastic. That last comment could be considered an actual physical threat re Mr. Martin. So the next time you go there I will hand out a ban Dirt Digger.

Incidently I removed the post.
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 8/11/2009 11:04am at .