Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 6:43pm

Style: Okinawan Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting,

We have had the legal threat, now the press - whatever next Al ! :sleepy2:

Whilst, when we are done here I have no intentions of communicating with you ever again, I am pleased that this thread is developing, whilst I may not be tactical, clever or indeed sneaky my straight up approach seems to be working just fine- the truth does that.

No response from any of the organisations you claim 'greatness' from, just yet, I will of course chase them soon. I look forward to your websites being adjusted to reality soon.

Look forward to more abuse from some of your alter egos, keep it coming Al.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 6:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, Sam asked me to weigh in here as a REAL journalist in Florida. There is a Charlotte Sun Herald in Charlotte County, Florida. I used to know a few people there when I was working at a paper in the Tampa Bay area.

The county itself is very small, rural even, and wouldn't be able to sustain its own "journalism collective" or "co-op".

Even better, the name Gail Webber has never appeared in any newspaper, wire service, television or online story aggregated by LexisNexis.

Now, to be fair, not all newspapers are listed in LexisNexis and it appears the Sun Herald may indeed not be listed there.

However, that paper does come up in Google News search results. Again, zero references to a "Gail Webber."

Finally, Google has excellent searching abilities to search solely a single web site. So I searched for "Gail Webber" solely on the domain for the Sun Herald, http://www.sunnewspapers.net/.

Again, nothing.

Now unless there's some newfangled upstart media in booming (note my sarcasm here) Punta Gorda or Port Charlotte, this person is an imposter.

The real question is, why?

TL;DR edition:

:bsflag:
    Official member of the Bruce Buffer 360 War Wagon

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 7:23pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gail's IP is 67.233.37.48 I wonder where it leads?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 7:43pm

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning View Post
    Gail's IP is 67.233.37.48 I wonder where it leads?
    IP Whois puts it in Winter Park Florida, near Orlando (IP Whois is not always accurate, btw). It appears to belong to a service provider named Embarq. They appear to service most of Central Florida, along with the west of the state down to Naples. This person could be posting from anywhere around there.

Clearly this person (Al Martin? James Norder? Osama Bin Laden?) is rather talented at inventing fake BS identities.

And yes, I now believe this whole charade is the work of one nutjob, which is what Mr. Neeter has been saying all along. The person who wrote me claiming to be Mr. Martin seemed quite genuine. My problem is the person trolling this thread could probably fool me, so I'm skeptical even of the Al Martin I've corresponded with.

In my mind that makes this whole episode even more pernicious.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 7:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That IP resolves to Lehigh Acres, Florida. Close to Charlotte County, but seems a bit far to be working there. It's much closer to Fort Myers.

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/67.233.37.48

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 7:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm. I may be wrong with my IP trace.

A third IP tracer put it in Illinois. Who friggen knows.

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 7:49pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For comparison "Morgan @ Morgan" is 71.52.183.123

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 7:55pm

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning View Post
    For comparison "Morgan @ Morgan" is 71.52.183.123
    Sam,

That comes back from Fort Meyers and is also an Embarq address.

EDIT: Note that Embarq is a service provider. These addressed are likely from a customer of theirs, not an employee.

EDIT 2: Also, note that the specific cities that come back from these searches depend on what city the service provider registered it from. It is possible for the actual geographic location of the customer to vary. I used to come back as from Atlanta (because my provider was there) when I was in Fort Lauderdale.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 7:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting closer...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 8:16pm

Style: Okinawan Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    whilst the IP location is of course of interest, I think a stronger indicator to whats going on would be linked to Al Martins multiple user names IP's matching.

something to consider, unfortunatly I cannot locate the IP's here but this method proved very good at uncovering frauds on other forums, ie fa.com where I am a long serving moderator and had to deal with Al Martins partner/mate Paul Hart via similair methods.

I have asked for this to be done but have not heard back from the moderators here.

When I met Al Martin he did say he had a place in Naples (I beleive his home) and another location, Fort Lauderdale I think but I cannot be sure of that and my geography of the country is poor.

Also im sure he will have now got wise to IP locations etc etc so proberly is going to try and use different pc's in different areas, just like his mate Paul did................
    Last edited by shoshinkanuk; 8/10/2009 8:22pm at .