Style
    Krav Maga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

04/16/16 Coach Larry Clay Closes Grapevine Krav Maga gym without warning to students

I was notified yesterday by a coach/friend, the owner of Grapevine Krav Maga/Reaction Fitness shut the doors yesterday after the noon class. The owner, went by Coach Larry Clay. Despite the absolute betrayal we feel (students and coaches) there are financial implications because folks have paid for different levels of classes and they are not cheap. I guess with all his poster-length credentials (fake or not) he forgot to learn four important lessons integral to the family atmosphere he claimed: honor, integrity, truthfulness and loyalty. I was charged for items not received and others like me are looking at substantial financial loss for paying for their membership in advance. I drove by the gym today and it has indeed been stripped of equipment and closed, Folks are scrambling to stop payments, stop auto-withdrawals, etc. A number of us had been working hard to prepare for our belt tests, which were delayed several times, and as you may have guessed, the last delay pushed it passed when the owner planned on shutting the doors. That money is lost. Any excuse he tries to sell will fall on deaf ears, because he simply did us dirty. Period.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello, Henery. The first question I have for you is, why does the title of your thread reference a date in the future?

Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Hello, Henery. The first question I have for you is, why does the title of your thread reference a date in the future?
    That's actually a very good question. One six is quite a typo unless he was going for 3/16/16, which brings up a number of other questions.

OP,
    I hope you have pictures, receipts, contracts, and documentation. If not, start getting that stuff in line but either way contact a lawyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Sin Moo HapKiDo. KravMaga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Reaction Krav Maga (Larry Clay's school) in Grapevine, TX is closed

I was a student there. I was told it was closed as of 4/1/16 (not an April Fools Joke).
    I stopped by and it was locked.
    There is a sign saying that Reaction is closed.
    Of course when I called Member Solutions (the billing company) they insisted that I have 3 months left on my contract, which was a surprise because I should have been on a month to month plan.

Looks like some former students are starting a new school in that location.

Style
    Sin Moo HapKiDo. KravMaga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Reaction Krav Maga (Larry Clay's school) in Grapevine, TX is closed

I was a student.
    I didn't find out till I showed up for class.
    School is closed, and empty.
    It looks like some of the students are opening a new school on that location