Page 8 of 9 First ... 456789 Last
  1. #71
    HonkyTonkMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Black Belt City, Mississippi
    Posts
    5,432
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, that was actually witty. Not bad for a grapplar dude.

    So suddenly I am mad because I started BJJ? Ummmmm, ok.
    Dont be angry at me because your spermies dont swim, God made you that way. Natural selection at its best.

  2. #72

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    No, either they suck or they dont. You cant have it both ways.

    (Im being disingenuous)
    Oh, well in that case they are the biggest joke ever. All the bragging and circle jerking about how they are the best MMA gym in the US, gimme a break. I mean, if they are the best, they would have some the UFC champs, you know, the pound for pound best fighters in their weight classes, training there, correct? Let's see:

    UFC HW Champ: Nogueira, Black House.
    UFC LHW Champ: Jackson, Big Bear
    UFC MW Champ: Anderson, Black House
    UFC WW Champ: GSP, trains at Greg Jackson's camp
    UFC LW Champ: BJ Penn, trains at his own school in Hawai.


    "To be the best, you gotta train the best." and so far ATT is not living up to the hype...

  3. #73
    HonkyTonkMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Black Belt City, Mississippi
    Posts
    5,432
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Oh, well in that case they are the biggest joke ever. All the bragging and circle jerking about how they are the best MMA gym in the US, gimme a break. I mean, if they are the best, they would have some the UFC champs, you know, the pound for pound best fighters in their weight classes, training there, correct? Let's see:

    UFC HW Champ: Nogueira, Black House.
    UFC LHW Champ: Jackson, Big Bear
    UFC MW Champ: Anderson, Black House
    UFC WW Champ: GSP, trains at Greg Jackson's camp
    UFC LW Champ: BJ Penn, trains at his own school in Hawai.


    "To be the best, you gotta train the best." and so far ATT is not living up to the hype...

    Now YOU are being disingenuous. Damn, it must be in the water.

    Jeff Monson had a title shot. Granted, the submission master didnt do so well against one of the worst ground fighters in the HW division. (Tim Sylvia)

    Yeah but Miletich used to have most of the Belt Holders, and now they dont have any, does that mean that Pat doesnt know what he is doing?

    ****, now I am being disingenuous.

    Damn water.

  4. #74
    HonkyTonkMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Black Belt City, Mississippi
    Posts
    5,432
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How is it that if I say...


    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Not trying to compare anything. I am simply making the observsation, that one could make the uninformed leap that the training that Kalib got was the same they are selling.
    I am being a fuckstick.
    Yet you can say the SAME thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    His performance does, from the public perspective affect the team's reputation as producing tough, competent fighters. Despite his skills it is no surprise that ATT does not wish to be associated with someone like him when he's performing on such a high profile stage.

    While Kalib really is no reflection on ATT, for the casual fan or prospective student that distinction will be hard to make. ATT is doing well in the UFC but arguably their biggest prospects are elsewhere, adn the UFC matters.
    Hypocrite. I thought better of you too.
    Last edited by HonkyTonkMan; 4/23/2008 1:40pm at .

  5. #75

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    465
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Oh, well in that case they are the biggest joke ever. All the bragging and circle jerking about how they are the best MMA gym in the US, gimme a break. I mean, if they are the best, they would have some the UFC champs, you know, the pound for pound best fighters in their weight classes, training there, correct? Let's see:

    UFC HW Champ: Nogueira, Black House.
    UFC LHW Champ: Jackson, Big Bear
    UFC MW Champ: Anderson, Black House
    UFC WW Champ: GSP, trains at Greg Jackson's camp
    UFC LW Champ: BJ Penn, trains at his own school in Hawai.


    "To be the best, you gotta train the best." and so far ATT is not living up to the hype...

    Maybe I haven't bothered to read every page of this thread, but I fail to see where anyone said that ATT is the best MMA gym in the US. I think most agree that ATT produces and has produced some excellent fighters.

    By the way, JZ Cavalcante is the K1-Hero's champ, which isn't really anything to dismiss.

    ETA: oh wait. am I being trolled?

  6. #76
    HonkyTonkMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Black Belt City, Mississippi
    Posts
    5,432
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by T3hJudoChop
    Maybe I haven't bothered to read every page of this thread, but I fail to see where anyone said that ATT is the best MMA gym in the US. I think most agree that ATT produces and has produced some excellent fighters.

    By the way, JZ Cavalcante is the K1-Hero's champ, which isn't really anything to dismiss.

    Nah, you came in after the whole "ATT teaches MMA Certifcations in three days" thing a few weeks back.
    Thats what this stems from.

  7. #77
    Beezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    489
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How Kalib Starnes acted in the ring, on saturday, has nothing to do with ATT. This thread has gone off the deep end on attacking ATT. I'm pretty sure ATT would not train Starnes to run around for 15 minutes in an UFC fight. The stench from Montreal is all on Starnes, and no one else.

  8. #78

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe I haven't bothered to read every page of this thread, but I fail to see where anyone said that ATT is the best MMA gym in the US. I think most agree that ATT produces and has produced some excellent fighters.
    I believe Joe Rogan said "American Top Team is the best MMA gym in the country right now." on a live broadcast about two UFCs ago. AND NO ONE FROM ATT CONTRADICTED HIM!

    By the way, JZ Cavalcante is the K1-Hero's champ, which isn't really anything to dismiss.
    Oh, champ of a Japanese MMA org, eh? Makes sense an ATT guy would dominate in the Land of Free Steroids and Tomatoe Cans.

    ETA: oh wait. am I being trolled?
    Is very likely, my fren. I have noticed that ATT members tend to become very irritable when someone criticizes ATT (Ex: "I don't really like the colors of the mats at our ATT affiliate." "ARRGH! DIE FOR IMPUGNING THE HONOR OF MAESTRE LIBRIO!") so I thought I would see what I could stir up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldman34
    Damn water.
    They filter it all through the sewage treatment plants, what can you expect?

  9. #79
    Fearless Ukemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,837
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree, you can't start pointing the finger at ATT over the performance of one particular fighter until it becomes a trend.

  10. #80
    HonkyTonkMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Black Belt City, Mississippi
    Posts
    5,432
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Ukemi
    I agree, you can't start pointing the finger at ATT over the performance of one particular fighter until it becomes a trend.


    Please take you logic elswhere. It is not wanted here.

    Quote Originally Posted by VT the Great
    They filter it all through the sewage treatment plants, what can you expect?
    Touche'

Page 8 of 9 First ... 456789 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO