Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 11:13am

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But is Starnes speaking the truth about his contract, had he got out of it before the fight and White was just using it as an excuse to look like a hard ass?. My gut feeling says yes, but then going on about how Dana couldnt fight Quarry was just going back to being dumb. Correct does not = smarts.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 11:59am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroChick
    And what would they have done if 'someone had noticed'? Kick him out of the gym? Refuse to train him? ATT is a business just like any other - if a client wants to pay them money and get training, you do it, not matter if they suck or not. I am sure they train 99 regular joes for every 1 guy who just might fight professionally, and they can't really control if one of those regular guys gets delusions of grandeur and tries to make a go of it.
    This wasnt some regular joe. Dont be ridiculous. He was a pro fighter with a UFC contract when he walked through that door.
    Nice try.

Logic fail.

In my personal experience, the gym can't win in these situations. We've had cases where we have done everything we could to prep fighters for regional tournaments (training schedules, working on weaknesses, cardio and conditioning regimes, all that), but if the fighter doesn't want to do it, you can't make them. Then they walk in to the tournament and do poorly, and everyone says, "well, he's from X gym, so they must suck", when in reality, the fighter didn't do want they were supposed to. We had one case where a guy waffled on entering a tournament for weeks leading up to it (and so didn't train for it), then decided to enter the day before, and got his ass kicked. Does that reflect badly on us? It does in the public eye, even though we did everything we could to get him to train.

This was my point.
    If someone had noticed then maybe they could have taken the steps to get him right. If he still wasnt up to it , then he could have backed out of the fight and ended his "oppressive contract", but he chose to take the 10K.

The world quickly forgets your triumphs, but always remembers your failures.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 12:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not trying to. Simply wondering if he is the kind of fighter that the ATT usually puts out.

Yes but he was traind by the same people who designed the program.

You're a disingenuous fuckstick. Your implications are clear.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 12:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    No, you're a pedantic child-rapist! (Isn't this fun?)

Although when you consider the performance of Butterbean (ATT trained) at Yamma, on top of the glory that was Starnes/Quarry, one must wonder just what is going on in Florida...

Also, this is moot since Librio has already tossed Starnes over the side after handing him an anchor to hold.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 12:55pm

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    No, you're a pedantic child-rapist! (Isn't this fun?)

Although when you consider the performance of Butterbean (ATT trained) at Yamma, on top of the glory that was Starnes/Quarry, one must wonder just what is going on in Florida...

Also, this is moot since Librio has already tossed Starnes over the side after handing him an anchor to hold.

I think you are right. Just look at Thiago Alves, JZ Cavalcante, and Denis Kang.

What a bunch of scrubs.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 1:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa

How do you know I was implying anything? I even said...

Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Im not bashing the whole school. Surely someone had some inkling that he wasnt in it. Why not throw in the towel?
    or how about.....

Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Not trying to compare anything. I am simply making the observsation, that one could make the uninformed leap that the training that Kalib got was the same they are selling.
    I highlighted the easy to understand parts. Im not sure if it would help an asshat, such as yourself.
    Stop looking for the bogeyman in everything I type. Im not your enemy.
    Grow up, you whiny, impotent fucker.

*edit* LOL at disengenious, is that your word for the day? I didnt know they taught big words like that in home school.
    Last edited by HonkyTonkMan; 4/23/2008 1:19pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 1:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by T3hJudoChop
    I think you are right. Just look at Thiago Alves, JZ Cavalcante, and Denis Kang.

What a bunch of scrubs.
    Then, perhaps, instead of going LOL ATT IS SUCK! or OMG ATT IS GODS OF MMA we can agree that they have many talented fighters attached to them, as well as some who are, shall we say, less talented?

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 1:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Then, perhaps, instead of going LOL ATT IS SUCK! or OMG ATT IS GODS OF MMA we can agree that they have many talented fighters attached to them, as well as some who are, shall we say, less talented?

No, either they suck or they dont. You cant have it both ways.

(Im being disingenuous)

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 1:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im not you enemy.
    Okey dokey. I ran that through the retard->english translator on bablefish and it outputed:

I'm a passive-aggressive bitch filled with self-loathing since I had to give up the ghost and start training bjj, said loathing is reflected in my oh-so-subtle underhanded comments which I quickly qualify.
    Grow up, you whiny, impotent fucker.
    Yielded:

Why don't more people here respect the fact that I've successfully reproduced, just like 99.9% of organisms

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 1:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and qualifying everything you say makes you more of a bitch not less of one.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast