Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 5:35pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfwwfCrA9jc name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src=

Just wrong.

I hope that isnt Phrosts voice.
    Last edited by HonkyTonkMan; 4/22/2008 5:38pm at .

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 5:36pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadonblade
    Starnes reply:

From fight network from blood elbow:

Starnes told The Fight Network that he requested his release from the remainder of his UFC contract, which had been carried over from his appearance on "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series and ensured him three fights per year.

"[UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva told me that it usually takes a couple of days for their legal department to complete the paperwork and that he would send me all of the paperwork to indicate that my contract has been dissolved," Starnes said. "Later on in the afternoon, after I had spoken to Joe Silva, a story was released by some reporter from Yahoo! in which Dana White said that he had released me from my contract. I received no documentation on that, and it came after I asked to be released."

Starnes - who dropped a unanimous decision to Quarry and was booed by his fellow Canadians for failing to engage - called White's comments unprofessional and inappropriate.

"In my opinion, it was inappropriate to make public statements regarding my character and my future and so on the way that he has, especially without having the courage and the respect to call me up and speak with me personally," Starnes said. "All of these comments come from a man that has never had a fight in his entire life who claims to be the ultimate authority on fighting and courage. I couldn't be happier than to be released from the most oppressive contract I've ever been under in my life."

According to the American Top Team-trained fighter, injuries led to his switch from an offensive to defensive mode against Quarry. For a majority of the fight, Starnes back pedaled out of harm's way and away from his opponent's dangerous punches. A former challenger for the UFC middleweight championship, Quarry battered Starnes with leg kicks throughout the three-round bout.

"Right now, I have a broken foot [that] I sustained with the first kick I threw in the fight," Starnes said. "My leg is purple and black from my knee up, I have a black eye, a sprained jaw, and he's questioning my desire to fight? If that isn't enough to satisfy him and the crowd, I can show them the medical report. I can barely walk. [Quarry] totally destroyed my thigh with those kicks. I'm sure a lot of people would rather see me suffer a traumatic brain injury and be rendered unconscious. That's too bad. If that's what they want, they're paying the wrong guy $10,000 to get his brain smashed in."

Starnes then invited White to walk a few feet in his shoes.

"Dana White wouldn't stand and trade with a guy [like Quarry] who had an 80 or 90 percent knockout ratio with injuries like I had Saturday night," Starnes said. "He wouldn't cross the street for $10,000. I don't have anything to prove to anybody. I'm not about to stand there and get smashed to pieces. After I knew my foot was broken, I was trying to back up and work off the jab and keep moving so I didn't get knocked out."
    So, basically it comes down to Calib was afriad of getting hurt... and how did he break his foot on the first kick<?> it didn't even make contact form what I saw... did he break it hitting the floor? This statement just makes him look worse IMO.

Dana was right, he really needs to find another profession.

Exasperated.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oldman,

You're a dumbfuck. Starnes has put on good performances in the past and regardless of this past Saturday is technically skilled. Whether or not he has the heart to be a fighter is something you can bitch about to your own content but his skill set does no disservice to his camp.

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 5:43pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After reading his statement I beleive, as is often the case, that the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Perhaps he did sustain some serious injurys. They were either serious enough to throw in the towel, and his corner failed to do so, or they were not that serious, in wich case he should have fought.

Y SO SRIUS?

Achievements:

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 5:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    oldman,

You're a dumbfuck. Starnes has put on good performances in the past and regardless of this past Saturday is technically skilled.
    You dumbass fuckstick. If you would take the time to read, maybe you would have caught this.....

Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    The sad thing is, he actually has the skills to be good at MMA.
    Whether or not he has the heart to be a fighter is something you can bitch about to your own content but his skill set does no disservice to his camp.
    I even said.....

How does Starnes slip through the cracks of a school with a large list of active, and succesful fighters? Some are even former Title contenders
    So stop looking for something to hate somebody over because you bet your life savings on Kalib.

Goddam are we really going to get into this **** again? Try fucking reading you moron.

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 5:48pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

*edit* How does Starnes slip through the cracks of a school with a large list of active, and succesful fighters? Some are even former Title contenders.
    Hold on. You are getting ridiculous. Slip through what?

Are you saying he did this before? Up until now I have never heard any real complaints about his fighting or his attitude.

He chooses to **** up, gets fired/quits, and you indict all of ATT?

That is stupid.

Y SO SRIUS?

Achievements:

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 5:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Hold on. You are getting ridiculous. Slip through what?

Are you saying he did this before? Up until now I have never heard any real complaints about his fighting or his attitude.

He chooses to **** up, gets fired/quits, and you indict all of ATT?

That is stupid.
    He pulled teh same bullshit during TUF in his last match of the show. He "Hurt his ribs" and couldnt continue. Xrays later showed no damage to his ribs. I will bet his foot isnt broken either.

Im not a professional fighter. You know why? Because I dont want to be punched in the head over and over. I dont train like a fighter, why? Because I dont want to be one.
    So if you put yourself in the public eye as a PAID ATHLETE and dont perform then expect critcism.

Im not bashing the whole school. Surely someone had some inkling that he wasnt in it. Why not throw in the towel?
    Last edited by HonkyTonkMan; 4/22/2008 5:57pm at .

Administrator

Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsThree Friends3 months registered

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 5:55pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oldman,

You're a dumbfuck. Starnes has put on good performances in the past and regardless of this past Saturday is technically skilled. Whether or not he has the heart to be a fighter is something you can bitch about to your own content but his skill set does no disservice to his camp.
    No no no.....You're confused, we're talking about Kailib Starnes not Nate Quarry.

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 6:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He pulled teh same bullshit during TUF in his last match of the show. He "Hurt his ribs" and couldnt continue. Xrays later showed no damage to his ribs. I will bet his foot isnt broken either.
    Interesting.

I think you better do some research. When did TUF 3 take place?

Like I said blaming what he did as slip on ATT's part is stupid.

I responded to this, before your edit.

Y SO SRIUS?

Achievements:

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 6:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Interesting.

I think you better do some research. When did TUF 3 take place?
    I will, give some time. I have been looking for video of it.

Like I said blaming what he did as slip on ATT's part is stupid.
    It wasnt my intention , but it did come out that way. Yet they must assume some of the responsibility since they trained him.

I responded to this, before your edit.
    You are confusing me. Stop it. :)
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast