Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 2:54pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One day I will liberate that pie from the evil Illuminati!

The other guy still should have been able to catch up to Kalib and beat the **** out of him. Him not doing so tells me that he isn't that much better of a fighter. You're in a cage with the guy for ****'s sake!

**** Kalib's homophobic punk ass anyway though. That was a pretty annoying fight to sit through, luckily that was the one that I missed because I had to run an errand. I got to just watch the highlights without sitting through the whole thing. How long did the fight last?

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 4:35pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    EmetShamash: lasted the entire 3 rounds, gotta admit the guy can run :P

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 4:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wrote an email to the UFC complaining about it. Not to mention his entire "**** you, you faggots" afterward. That was the icing on the cake for me.
    I dropped $44.95 to watch him play keep away with Nate. The sad thing is, he actually has the skills to be good at MMA.

I know this will rile a few people here, but is he the caliber fighter that ATT turns out? Can anyone tell me any more ATT fightes for some type of comparison?
    If he is, then maybe their "certified ATT MMA school" program is not all its cracked up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    and the illuminati have the secret for making the best pumpkin pie.
    Careful there pardner.....they are a listenin'.

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 4:46pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Calib Starnes is the new Andy Wang, only worse. Andy has ground skills, but decides to ignore his corner and box instead. Calib has the skills to be a decent fighter but chooses to be a long-distance runner instead.

Calib officially replaces Andy Wang as the current non-fighter joke in MMA. At least Andy gives some effort.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 4:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off
    Calib officially replaces Andy Wang as the current non-fighter joke in MMA. At least Andy gives some effort.
    quoted for truth.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 5:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    I know this will rile a few people here, but is he the caliber fighter that ATT turns out? Can anyone tell me any more ATT fightes for some type of comparison?
    If he is, then maybe their "certified ATT MMA school" program is not all its cracked up to be.
    [
    1) Let's not resurrect this argument.
    2) He was an established UFC Vet before, this program was introduced.

http://www.americantopteam.com/

You are trying to compare apples and oranges, that isn't right.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 5:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    1) Let's not resurrect this argument.
    Not trying to. Simply wondering if he is the kind of fighter that the ATT usually puts out.

2) He was an established UFC Vet before, this program was introduced.
    Yes but he was traind by the same people who designed the program.

You are trying to compare apples and oranges, that isn't right.
    Not trying to compare anything. I am simply making the observsation, that one could make the uninformed leap that the training that Kalib got was the same they are selling.

*edit* How does Starnes slip through the cracks of a school with a large list of active, and succesful fighters? Some are even former Title contenders.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 5:22pm

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Starnes reply:

From fight network from blood elbow:

Starnes told The Fight Network that he requested his release from the remainder of his UFC contract, which had been carried over from his appearance on "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series and ensured him three fights per year.

"[UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva told me that it usually takes a couple of days for their legal department to complete the paperwork and that he would send me all of the paperwork to indicate that my contract has been dissolved," Starnes said. "Later on in the afternoon, after I had spoken to Joe Silva, a story was released by some reporter from Yahoo! in which Dana White said that he had released me from my contract. I received no documentation on that, and it came after I asked to be released."

Starnes - who dropped a unanimous decision to Quarry and was booed by his fellow Canadians for failing to engage - called White's comments unprofessional and inappropriate.

"In my opinion, it was inappropriate to make public statements regarding my character and my future and so on the way that he has, especially without having the courage and the respect to call me up and speak with me personally," Starnes said. "All of these comments come from a man that has never had a fight in his entire life who claims to be the ultimate authority on fighting and courage. I couldn't be happier than to be released from the most oppressive contract I've ever been under in my life."

According to the American Top Team-trained fighter, injuries led to his switch from an offensive to defensive mode against Quarry. For a majority of the fight, Starnes back pedaled out of harm's way and away from his opponent's dangerous punches. A former challenger for the UFC middleweight championship, Quarry battered Starnes with leg kicks throughout the three-round bout.

"Right now, I have a broken foot [that] I sustained with the first kick I threw in the fight," Starnes said. "My leg is purple and black from my knee up, I have a black eye, a sprained jaw, and he's questioning my desire to fight? If that isn't enough to satisfy him and the crowd, I can show them the medical report. I can barely walk. [Quarry] totally destroyed my thigh with those kicks. I'm sure a lot of people would rather see me suffer a traumatic brain injury and be rendered unconscious. That's too bad. If that's what they want, they're paying the wrong guy $10,000 to get his brain smashed in."

Starnes then invited White to walk a few feet in his shoes.

"Dana White wouldn't stand and trade with a guy [like Quarry] who had an 80 or 90 percent knockout ratio with injuries like I had Saturday night," Starnes said. "He wouldn't cross the street for $10,000. I don't have anything to prove to anybody. I'm not about to stand there and get smashed to pieces. After I knew my foot was broken, I was trying to back up and work off the jab and keep moving so I didn't get knocked out."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 5:30pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you're so banged up that you can't engage, why not just throw in the towel & quit wasting everybody's time? at least he wouldn't have looked like he was making a joke of the whole process.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 5:33pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the same guy that claimed he couldnt continue due to his ribs being broken during a fight. (they werent he just thought they were).
    He then used the same excuse...

"Im not going to permanently injure myself...." blah blah blah.

As for him complaining about people wanting to see him "get his brain bashed in". Well he seemd ready to fight some "******" in Nates corner after the fight. He couldnt have been in to bad of shape.
    Poor baby "oppressive contracts". He signed it. 10k a fight? Not bad for an up and comer right? Lots of folks would be pleased to fight for 10k, win or lose. Hell, I know I would.

More excuses from Starnes. Same ones we heard during TUF.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast