Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 1:06pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Give him problems? He would fucking destroy him.

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 1:07pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a super fight would be fun, but there would have to be alot of hype to make a super fight ala Franklin Vs Shamrock back in the day. I think GSP needs at least ONE title defense first? And I think some people (Upa?) should give Fitch a little credit, I see Fitch/GSP being a awsome match up.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 1:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    Give him problems? He would fucking destroy him.
    I don't think people understand how tough Rich Franklin is. His only UFC losses have come from being outstruck by Anderson Silva. Ace's wrestling and takedown defense is superb. His striking is very good. Also, he is much, much bigger than GSP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 1:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    I don't think people understand how tough Rich Franklin is. His only UFC losses have come from being outstruck by Anderson Silva. Ace's wrestling and takedown defense is superb. His striking is very good. Also, he is much, much bigger than GSP.
    Exactly right. We have never really seen GSP truely outsized in a fight. Franklin defends the takedown in this and breaks GSPs pretty Canadian face. Franklin is a better striker and he is very underrated on the ground, his submission defence and active guard work on his back against Travis Lutter was beautiful. GSP wont be able to hold the much bigger and stronger Franklin down for long.

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 1:29pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    I love Rich, but Im not sure if he would 'fucking destroy' GSP. Of course Im not sure how GSP would move up without putting on far to much muscle to be able to go the distance with a cardio machine like Franklin.

I think all of this is simply neither here nor there as I dont see GSP ever moving up or making any Super Fights. He needs to actualy have at least ONE title defense first? Without getting ktfo in the first round?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 3:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GSP needs to actually defend his title before he talks about doing anything at middleweight. This discussion is ridiculous until he proves that he is undoubtedly the best fighter at WW. Hughes didn't even think about moving up to MW until he had already cleared out the division of contenders outside of Penn and GSP.

Oh and GSP would get raped by Franklin and Silva. WW doesn't have many great strikers, and Silva and Franklin would just pound his pretty Canadian face into oblivion while avoiding the ground like the plague.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    And I think some people (Upa?) should give Fitch a little credit, I see Fitch/GSP being a awsome match up.
    Fitch's wrestling is not at Koscheck's level, and Koscheck got outwrestled. Not to mention Fitch's last fight. He's the next choice, followed by Alves, but he'll get his ass raped.

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 4:01pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love GSP, but Silva is a fucking beast.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 4:04pm

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont think GSP could take it any place where silva wouldnt be a constant threat. Unless you reckon his wrestling is better than Hendersons. GSP vs Silva is just a bad match up in my books.

Like I said before, GSP HAS to defend the belt. You dont see silva moving up, and he could!

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 4:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Henderson is about twice the size of GSP and an olympic level wrestler. Seeing as he go absolutely smoked by Silva, I dont give GSP much chance.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast