221267 Bullies, 3959 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 10:17am

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who was the judge who gave him a 27? 27? Are you kidding me? I was excited that one judge gave him a 24, which is what I had given him. And no, that wasn't with an 8 in round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadonblade
    However giving the finger and calling people ****** is just weak. And thats what pissed me off.
    This is the part that really got me. When Forrest had his incredibly boring fight a bit back, he acknoledged it, appoligized, and made everyone laugh about it. But Starnes? He made a joke out of himself by the way he acted during, but even more after, the fight.

I don't think it's ****-talking to bad-mouth Starnes, regardless of the person doing it. He didn't fight. He didn't try. He blamed everyone else. I do think it's ****-talking when someone like Houston Alexander get's knocked out in 8 and people make fun of him. That guy got caught. I do think it's ****-talking if someone would laugh at Bocek's exploded face. That guy fought and got beaten. I do, albeit with a giggle, acknowledge that it's ****-talking when every MA'ist out there picks on Fred Ettish. That guy at least gave it a try and later realized he was in way over his head. But Kalib? That's not ****-talking. The guy pussied out. Plain and simple.

He deserves much, much worse than this little YTMND.

Dagon

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 11:06am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    Who was the judge who gave him a 27? 27? Are you kidding me? I was excited that one judge gave him a 24, which is what I had given him. And no, that wasn't with an 8 in round 1.

This is the part that really got me. When Forrest had his incredibly boring fight a bit back, he acknoledged it, appoligized, and made everyone laugh about it. But Starnes? He made a joke out of himself by the way he acted during, but even more after, the fight.

I don't think it's ****-talking to bad-mouth Starnes, regardless of the person doing it. He didn't fight. He didn't try. He blamed everyone else. I do think it's ****-talking when someone like Houston Alexander get's knocked out in 8 and people make fun of him. That guy got caught. I do think it's ****-talking if someone would laugh at Bocek's exploded face. That guy fought and got beaten. I do, albeit with a giggle, acknowledge that it's ****-talking when every MA'ist out there picks on Fred Ettish. That guy at least gave it a try and later realized he was in way over his head. But Kalib? That's not ****-talking. The guy pussied out. Plain and simple.

He deserves much, much worse than this little YTMND.

Dagon
    I'm glad you made that particular point. One could understand if a fighter loses heart after a severe beating, if he's being overwhelmed or picked apart, or even gassed out (as with Travis). But Starnes never got to that point.

Fact of the matter is that, after reading some of the reviews for the undercard fights, I'm more pissed now. I paid for a PPV without ever getting a chance to see some of the undercard fights, but I get this *treat* from what I paid for the PPV. Yay!

Starnes really needs to look into this and get his **** straight man, specially after calling Nate names and **** (for something he deserved anyways).
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 11:30am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment

Starnes really should've done it, for his sake. Surely, even if you weren't engaging through the entire fight, a 3rd round cheap shot kayo will look better on your record than a 30-24 decision lose.
    How is it a cheap shot? Seriously? It isn't like the "here I'm holding my hand out to touch gloves" kick, punch, take down whatever that we argue is or isn't a cheapshot.

They were in a round, he was running, and if he had of done a punch that would be on his opponent for not keeping his guard up.

No cheap shot IMO.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 11:38am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How is it a cheap shot? Seriously? It isn't like the "here I'm holding my hand out to touch gloves" kick, punch, take down whatever that we argue is or isn't a cheapshot.

They were in a round, he was running, and if he had of done a punch that would be on his opponent for not keeping his guard up.

No cheap shot IMO.
    You are, in fact, correct. But I was just saying what Matt W. said in order to make a point. Likewise, a touch-gloves cheap shot kayo would've looked better on his record than a 30-24 decision lose.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 12:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the 30-24 says it all. That was awesome, cant remember if Ive ever seen that. Not much we can say can be nearly as damaging as that. He can always tell himself fans suck, but he's gonna have to carry that score with him wherever he goes. I say punishment enough.

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 12:14pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadonblade
    I accepted his running away, his heart just wasnt in it. And the judges score cards showed that. However giving the finger and calling people ****** is just weak. And thats what pissed me off.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. I actualy felt bad for him during the fight. I have seen Starnes fight before and I knew something was up with him tonight. But they way he backed up for three rounds was sad. I dont think Quary should have showboated the way he did even though he must have been frustrated but when Starnes gave the finger and started calling people faggots?

I have never, in all my years, seen a judge actualy hand a fighter a 30-24 descision. I have even looked to see if I can find another time, and if anyone has any record of this happening before, in any mma venue please let me know.

I know what KenpoFist is sayin, he dosnt like to see amatures talk **** to the pros, but come on man. I dont need to play pro basketball to talk **** about watching Shaq limp down the court, and I dont need to be a pro UFC fighter to be disgusted with Starnes performance.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 1:03pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** Kalib. People didnt pay good money to watch a track and field contest. I hope the UFC throws his ass out for this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 1:16pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    I have never, in all my years, seen a judge actualy hand a fighter a 30-24 descision. I have even looked to see if I can find another time, and if anyone has any record of this happening before, in any mma venue please let me know.
    It's not as rare as you think, if you actually search on google (I used "30-24 decision mma -quarry" as my search string).

Henderson / Vitor at PRIDE 32 is another fight that had a judge giving out that score.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 1:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently, according to a thread over on Sherdoggie, Kalib Starnes reported on a Canadian radio show that he threw his final fight on his contract as a message about low fighter pay in the UFC. His camp is going to make a press release on Wednesday.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast