Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 5:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was actually more in response to the ymtd thread on here.
    There was, like, eight comments in that thread. And the site wasn't even made by a member.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 6:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair, the Starnes YTMND is amusing; "sport bloopers" in general are always good for laffs.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 6:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment
    There was, like, eight comments in that thread. And the site wasn't even made by a member.
    Did I say this was directed at anyone in particular? It was directed at those who bash and **** talk fighters performances from the comfort of their sofas. Is there a chance that I could even go so far to say that this thread may be dedicated to the hundreds of lurkers who read this forum every day without posting, or in some cases even signing up?

But for the sake of argument, since you've come to the defense of Kalib bashers, and take pride in **** talking from your computer, allow me to take a moment and offer you my warmest wishes for you to promptly go **** yourself.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 6:10pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The **** talking is completely justified. If people are talking **** because someone tried their best and got outclassed by a superior fighter, I've got a problem with that.

However, the way Starnes acted in there was completely unacceptable. If you get into the cage without the will to win, you deserve every degrading comment you get. There's just no excuse for giving up like that, especially if you're a paid professional athlete.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 6:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist
    Did I say this was directed at anyone in particular? It was directed at those who bash and **** talk fighters performances from the comfort of their sofas. Is there a chance that I could even go so far to say that this thread may be dedicated to the hundreds of lurkers who read this forum every day without posting, or in some cases even signing up?

But for the sake of argument, since you've come to the defense of Kalib bashers, and take pride in **** talking from your computer, allow me to take a moment and offer you my warmest wishes for you to promptly go **** yourself.

I just don't like this friggin' repetition. When anybody gets bashed enough, someone comes to their defense, whether it's justified or not.

I have respect for any fighter that steps into the cage, but Starnes' performance last night was hilariously shitty. Can't we just awknowledge that and leave it? Is your rant really necessary? I felt like I was reading a magazine's letters section. It was fucking mind numbing.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 6:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For a PRO FIGHTER at the UFC LEVEL, Kalib's performance as SHAMEFUL. You want to tell me to F off because I think that? Thank right back at ya, slick.

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 6:41pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I try to be fairly respectful of professional fighters, sometimes they do things that make me wonder why they choose to fight. Starnes is one of those guys. He always seems to have an air of entitlement that doesn't match up with his success as a fighter.

I don't question his ability, because I've seen it in previous fights, but I do question where his head is oftentimes located.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 6:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    For a PRO FIGHTER at the UFC LEVEL, Kalib's performance as SHAMEFUL. You want to tell me to F off because I think that? Thank right back at ya, slick.
    Stating an opinion or criticism is different than snide remarks and "lol-fests." Yes there is a fine line between the two, but I try to acknowledge it.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 7:08pm

Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paid to run...

Paid to fight...

I'm not a professional fighter, nor a professional athlete. I did play collegiate soccer. I can say that if I didn't play at the level expected of me, I could certainly expect to come off of the field. Maybe not the same as fighting, but....

If he's supposed to be a professional fighter then he's expected to perform at a certain level within the ring. He could very likely beat the crap out of me. He wouldn't be the only person in the whole world who is capable of that feat, but then he wouldn't get paid for it and would likely have more serious issues to worry about at a later point. In my field, if I were to half-assed perform at the level that is expected of me, clients may not receive services or medication they need. I'd soon lose my job and be out on my ass.

Criticism is nothing more than a complaint thinly veiled as and carefully worded as an observation on what could have been done better. If I don't like how the kids that I coach are playing, I'll tell them what I think they are doing wrong. Is it a complaint? Yes. Is it criticism? Yes. We tend to be a kinder more compassionate society and try not to hurt people's feelings. The truth is, people are pissed about his professional performance and have the right to voice their opinions.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 7:14pm

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I accepted his running away, his heart just wasnt in it. And the judges score cards showed that. However giving the finger and calling people ****** is just weak. And thats what pissed me off.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast