Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fightclubfreak7
    I just recently started training at Asheville Jujitsu academy. There is also MMA at WNC Barbell in candler (overpriced and primarily catch wrestling based), and Georges Boxing gym in candler. Ive got a decent amount of equpment and matts in my garage and I'm always willing to spar with anyone as long as they are around my weight. Every saturday I usually have a bunch of friends come over and we train, I get a couple friends from the wrestling team, a friend that boxes, another friend that has been doing BJJ longer than me, and its a nice exchange of information. Let me know if anyone is interested in working out with us sometime. We are mostly highschool kids so we are a tad noobish, but we work hard.
    email me: [email protected]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my name is andrew. i have been doing BJJ for about a year and a half. call me when you roll, i just moved here and am looking to get back in it. my number is 989-488-9837. call or text me anytime

Style
    Panda Punch
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I PM'd fightclubfreak, but he hasn't been on in a couple weeks according to the site. Anyone know how I can get in touch with this group?

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm looking at forming a bjj club in asheville, either downtown or tunnel rd. area. i've found a couple co-ops that are leasing space a few days a week. i'm not looking to turn a profit out of this, just want to cover the cost of rent. so the more guys training the cheaper it will be for everyone. the places i've found to rent range from $120-160 a month for a few hours a night at 2-3 times a week. if anyone is interested or has any ideas/suggestions email me: [email protected]

Style
    ex-wrestler..MMA(JJ,MT)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have HS wrestling background and have been training JJ and boxing at Vision MMA in Cincy for a couple months now. I'm probably going to WW (college) near Asheville next year and that WNC barbell place looks like a rip off. 60 bucks for so few classes? anyone know about the instructor there. I hate to be a pain in the rear my first post but I very well make my college decision based on where I can train from that college (i like asheville and i get in state tuition there cuz my dad lives there but if i go to colorado state i can train under a Gracie). again sorry to be a pain but i really need to know about MMA scene around Asheille. thanks in advance -jake

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Style
    ex-wrestler..MMA(JJ,MT)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypirate4428 View Post
    you are a gentlemen. i am sending my early decision application into WW this week

Style
    Panda Punch
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're actually interested in fighting, WNC Barbell is where you should go. $60 a month for 4-5 days a week with a bunch of experienced fighters is the furthest thing from a ripoff. They have one of the most active fight teams in the state. You should definitely give that place another look if you're serious about this.

http://wnccombatclub.com/

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is probably dead, but just in case, Peter Freer is an excellent choice for combatively effective training in Asheville. He teaches MMA at the Center for Martial Arts on Merrimon Avenue every Monday starting at either 7:00 or 7:30, (I’m not sure which because it’s been a while for me).

Either way, here’s the newest link:

http://www.centerformartialartsusa.net/mma.php

Top notch instruction and extremely well rounded. Incidentally, Mr. Freer is a Masters level teacher, so the sheer amount of quality… well… TEACHING, is well worth your time. I’ve been training for thirty years, and Peter is by far the best I’ve come across.
    That being said, I’ve heard nothing but good stuff about WNC Barbell and Asheville BJJ. Lots of talent in this town!!!

Hope that helps,
    -Mike

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, I'm looking for a training partner to hit mitts with or work on ground stuff if anyone is interested. I’m 37 years old and out of shape, but I have an ASSLOAD of my own equipment and my level of skill is still pretty solid. I’m really just looking for someone to help me get off the couch.

Email me at [email protected] if you’re in Asheville and want to get into some friendly training.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last