Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 11:19am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um, Congrats on the new found fame, Mav. Glad your school is doing well. Now, I'm going to slowly back away from this thread...

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 11:25am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    No, I didn't. The WCAF hasn't actually had any high level promotions, or activity for that matter, since the time I joined Gaijin Ryu.
    The WCAF Soke Board is another benefit to our members. Only current WCAF members may be awarded the title of Soke through the WCAF Soke Board. This board offers certification and recognition to those deserving martial artists who have founded their own systems. The board is comprised of Grandmasters & Masters who hold the rank of 7th dan or higher.

Is your teacher aware of all this Mav ?

That he's the President of an organisation which openly recognises people's rank for $$$, has a SOKE Councils set up expressly to award the title to those creating their own art ?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 11:28am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses Everett McGill
    The WCAF Soke Board is another benefit to our members. Only current WCAF members may be awarded the title of Soke through the WCAF Soke Board. This board offers certification and recognition to those deserving martial artists who have founded their own systems. The board is comprised of Grandmasters & Masters who hold the rank of 7th dan or higher.

Is your teacher aware of all this Mav ?

That he's the President of an organisation which openly recognises people's rank for $$$, has a SOKE Councils set up expressly to award the title to those creating their own art ?
    I wouldn't presume to speak for my instructor.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 11:37am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps you might like to ask him ? However; I think he probably does, give than on his own dojo website he describes himself as SOKE.

Mr. Epperson is the Soke of Gaijin Ryu Jiu-Jitsu and the President of the World Combat Arts Federation. The following organizations recognize him as Hachi-Dan (8th Dan) in Gaijin Ryu Jiu-Jitsu:

With regard to the organisations which apparently recognise him as an 8th dan, simple Googling reveals more SOKE circle-jerking, more made up martial arts, more Hall of Fame shite.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 11:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps you might like to ask him ? However; I think he probably does, give than on his own dojo website he describes himself as SOKE.
    I have no interest in asking him as I do not train under him for his associations. I train under him for the skills he teaches me.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 11:48am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That, I have to say is a classic retort.

I'm not having a dig at you Mav, just pointing out the direct comparables associated with YOUR teacher and the many previously discussed - even INVESTIGATED though this site.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 11:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That, I have to say is a classic retort.

I'm not having a dig at you Mav, just pointing out the direct comparables associated with YOUR teacher and the many previously discussed - even INVESTIGATED though this site.
    Are we at civil conversation now? Ok. I have been with my teacher for a long time, long enough to learn about his integrity. There is a reason why I started learning from him and continue to do so now, and will continue to do so in the far future. And I have had many teachers in my short time in the martial arts.

I'm not going to try and change anyone's surface opinion. Partly because I don't care and partly because questions about mine or my instructor's integrity are too funny for me to entertain seriously. Obviously people on forums don't have the experience with the people I train with that I do, so I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt before "WHOAM GONG SAU".

If you want to take out your frustrations with the fault's of this site's investigations on me or my teachers, by all mean do so if it will make you feel better. It isn't something that will bother me.
    Last edited by MaverickZ; 4/21/2008 11:58am at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 11:59am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Civil conversation ?

Ask yourself:

WHY your teacher feels the need to call himself SOKE.
    WHY he needs multiple recognition for an 8th dan in his own system
    WHY he's the president of a circle-jerk organisation

If you don't want to ask yourself those questions that's fine, ultimately I equally don't care if you are happy associating with someone involved in classic martial arts bullshit. I'm sure those students of Kim, Dux et al all feel the same

Your call.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 12:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Civil conversation ?

Ask yourself:

WHY your teacher feels the need to call himself SOKE.
    WHY he needs multiple recognition for an 8th dan in his own system
    WHY he's the president of a circle-jerk organisation

If you don't want to ask yourself those questions that's fine, ultimately I equally don't care if you are happy associating with someone involved in classic martial arts bullshit. I'm sure those students of Kim, Dux et al all feel the same

Your call.
    Actually he calls himself Lee.

Lest you thinks I'm wearing blinders, which it seems you already do. I have asked myself all of those questions and answered them to my satisfaction.
    Last edited by MaverickZ; 4/21/2008 12:03pm at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 12:01pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which Kim?
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast