Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 5:15pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    What dubious connections? It appears the most dubious connection is to a Judo guy who, even his detractors admit, is highly skilled at Judo! lol That's not very damning. I mean, the whole idea of a Soke Council seems foolish to me. But that doesn't make it bullshido.
    Well you're obviously not looking particularly hard, are you.

How many times have Soke councils and Head of Families bullshit been discussed on Bullshido, how many times do we find someone being discussed having some form of connection to these sorts of circle-jerking outfits ?

Well.. Mav's teacher is the president of the World Combat Arts Federation. Lets have a look at who we have connected to that organisation. I'll bet you guys I can find people of dubious/questionable background directly connected to Mav's teacher's organisation.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 5:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So...do it. Find people of questionable background.

Then conclusively prove that Maverick's sensei gave these people rank without legitimate certification in exchange for money.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 5:35pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have never said that Mav's teacher has ranked ANYONE let alone through a website or intentionally for cash. Understand ?

On this particular point, what I've continuously stated is that Mav's teacher is the PRESIDENT of an organisation which openly advertises questionable practises.

What is it that you fail to grasp ?

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 5:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On this particular point, what I've continuously stated is that Mav's teacher is the PRESIDENT of an organisation which openly advertises questionable practises.
    The "questionable" part is that the org could be used to sell rank. There is, however, no evidence that has been done. So, what's left? Just the fact that there is a "soke council"? The reason other soke councils have been bagged on here is because there actually was evidence they were selling rank or ranking people that couldn't fight. Just having a "soke council" may be lame, but it is not in of itself bullshido. It only becomes bullshido when it is used to improperly rank people. ...Which there is no evidence of here.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 5:58pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt,

Just because there's no apparent evidence that I can present, (other than a website advertising questionable ethics) doesn't mean it may not have happened.

Sure I can't prove anything but then, as I've stated before, I haven't set out to intentionally acheive anything though this thread, I am merely pointing out my observations, as have you and others here.

I think Satori nailed this
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori
    I'm having a difficult time finding legit verification from any martial art or instructor that has a defined lineage.

..//..

SUMMARY: Ties to well-known and documented diploma mills and "Soke Councils".

..//..

As such, I doubt the "INSTRUCTION" should necessarily be called into question...even if the business practices and ranking lineage is.
    Ask yourself this question. If the "Soke" thing isn't such a big deal, when searching this very site using that same term, what sort of people are we discussing 99.9% of the time?
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 4/21/2008 6:17pm at .

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 6:30pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses Everett McGill
    Just because there's no apparent evidence that I can present, (other than a website advertising questionable ethics) doesn't mean it may not have happened.
    Now you're just groping in the dark. Are you or are you not making an accusation?
    Last edited by MaverickZ; 4/21/2008 6:32pm at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 6:34pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ..//..Ask yourself this question. If the "Soke" thing isn't such a big deal, when searching this very site using that same term, what sort of people are we discussing 99.9% of the time?
    The question still stands.

And why are you so keen to see me make an accusation ? I am merely expressing observations, not accusations.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 6:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what I thought.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 6:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The question still stands.

And why are you so keen to see me make an accusation ? I am merely expressing observations, not accusations.
    Now you're just insulting my intelligence. Your little sideways and implied accusations aren't fooling anyone.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 6:38pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what ?
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast