Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/19/2003 12:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

God Bless America's Veterans

"Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    11/19/2003 12:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The short sightedness and, at times, blatant stupidity of goverments, never seizes to amaze me.

Posted On:
    11/19/2003 11:15pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, I'm a vet. I actually saw first hand the gutting of the military's healthcare system under CLINTON. It went from "Free healthcare for you and your family for life" to "sign up for this HMO for your family".

**** Tricare. It's one of the reasons I got out of the military as an NCO instead of continuing on with a career.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2003 1:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy who made this looses a lot of credibility when he puts in his show that Bush doesn't care if veterans drop dead. Makes me wonder if the person who made the clip cares or is just taking potshots at Bush.

Working my way back to health

Posted On:
    11/20/2003 1:49am

supporting member
     Style: Injury magnet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost, Clinton may have been in when it happened but Reagan and Bush Senior started it when I was in the Military.

Pat, on this no ones hands are clean. The military will always be a political pawn.
    They deserve better as do teachers. So they have my support. As little as that means...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2003 2:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So true poet.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2003 10:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by poet
    Phrost, Clinton may have been in when it happened but Reagan and Bush Senior started it when I was in the Military.

Pat, on this no ones hands are clean. The military will always be a political pawn.
    They deserve better as do teachers. So they have my support. As little as that means...
    So true. I'm still pissed at Hamilton, and that particular "screw the vets," was over two hundred years ago. The Revolutionary War vets had benefits that with the post war gov't financial problems were worthless. Hamilton set up the perpetual debt/sell T-bills system and got triple A rating from London and Paris banking houses. Meanwhile his agents had been buying up the 'worthless' notes from the vets. Hamilton became in today's terms, a billionaire. The vets sucked ****.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 11/21/2003 10:27pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2003 10:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm reposting this, I don't want to be obnoxious AND KEEP BEATING A DEAD HORSE but THEY ARE FUCKING WITH THE VETERANS, and this is shameful.

March 21 between midnight and 3 a.m., the U.S. House of Representatives did two things. First, the members passed a resolution that was billed as the House’s support of our troops. Then, five minutes later, they cut $28 million* from veterans’ benefits and veterans’ health care.

The cut faced much opposition and passed by the slimmest of margins — 215 to 213 votes.

Then a substitute resolution that would have restored funding for mandatory veterans benefits — compensation for service connected disabilities, burial expenses, pensions for permanently disabled low income veterans, GI bill reimbursements, rehabilitation and housing loan costs — failed.

“Has Congress no shame? Is there no honor left in the hallowed halls of our government that you would choose to dishonor the sacrifices of our nation’s heroes and rob our program of health care and disability compensation in favor of tax cuts for the wealthy?” the Disabled American Veterans asked.

“We do not consider payment for poor disabled veterans, pensions for the poorest disabled veterans and GI bill benefits for solders returning from Afghanistan to be ‘fraud, waste or abuse,” the Paralyzed Veterans of America states.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 11/21/2003 10:30pm at .