I know Kung Fu!

Titan

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 3:56am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KFDW, I'm not an 'anti-striker' by any means. I have trained striking, boxing infact.

My point is that the video shows what happens to the "you'll never take me down I know kung fu/TKD/Karate" guys that still walk about convinced they are better than these "MMA and BJJ thugs". What does happen to them is they get taken down pretty fucking easily and look like little girls frantically thrasing about trying to escape from the thugish "groundfighter" before they get submitted.

I have tried to KO one of my instructors with no gloves (he asked me to) and he had to demonstrate how to take someone down (me). Let me tell you as soon as I threw one punch I was double legged and taken down.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 4:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This isn't the steet, This was suppososed to be a fight between two amateurs when at the last moment the original guy pulls a ringer out of the crowd as a sub. The other guy didn't even know he was a pro.

How is this partial proof? You have one guy with somwhat questionable experience whom is being critiqued by his own peers as bad expample to represent their system going up against someone with 99% more fighting experience. You are going to judge the ability of 2 million people on one poor exapmle? I sure as heck wouldn't want you to make a decision for my company.

TKD kid, footage does exist there are a few sucsessfull cage fighters to my knowledge that claim kungfu as their style. You don't have to look far.

McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Titan

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 4:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And the difference between that space and the street is ????? The floor would be harder, oh no this would alter the fight beyond all recognition, surley this means Mr Kung Fu would then be able to pull out some mystical finger poke to the grappler's eyes and groin at the same time crippling him and ending the fight in seconds.

Edited by - slj on October 16 2002 04:21:16
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 5:07am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thats just plain stupid. Ignorance is not something you should boast about. On the "street" it would have been the same. Bigger more experienced fighter beats smaller less experienced fighter, just how is it proof of anything?

You opened this box, you have show how this one incident is representative of an entire legion of people. I could get a tomato can to say he is a top grappler and beat the crap out of him on tape, does that prove that grappling is useless? NO it doesn't.

Am I argueing with a beginner? Are you a kid?

Edited by - kungfudoeswork on October 16 2002 05:16:02

Titan

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 5:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you know he is a tomato can, you're reaching for any excuse you can.

This is the same sort of bullshit spouted by traditionalists after the first UFC's,

"Oh but he wasn't highly ranked in Wing Chun/Karate/TKD, that's why he was taken down and made to look stupid by Royce."

Bullshit.

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 5:40am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, whats bullshit is this attitude of presenting this very obvious tomato can as proof of something. Anybody with an ounce of experience can see the supposed "kung fu guy" was no better than an intermediate student, and thats giving him a lot of credit. Most good kung fu guys do NOT fight like a guy trying to stop children from running in the halls.

Maybe it hasn't dawned on you yet but YOU are NOT royce. So this hiding behind royces skirt doesn't somehow make you special. Royce is royce and you are........well.......... you. And, you are just some fan with too much time on his hands as far removed from royce as you are from the moon.

McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?

Titan

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 6:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never said I was Royce you utter fag, I study the same style, just without the gi. If you knew anything about BJJ you would know that Royce used mostly blue belt techniques during the UFC, because they're simple and they work.

you still can not prove that your "tomato can" was bad at kung fu, he was taken down so quickly his kung fu didn't help him in the least, it would of been the exact same thing with a "Master".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 8:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SLJ, that fight was a fight between a heavyweight, well trained, experienced professional fighter and a skinny below than average traditionalist kung fu practitioner with no ring experience.

Do you want to take it as proof that kung fu is crap? That's your opinion and that's fine for me, but first of all kung fu has many styles, some of them really different from each other, and usually tha training is a lot lighter than the one of a professional fighter.

Have a look in the thread different styles of wing chun for my opinion of that particular kung fu style.

What you are doing here with BJJ and Gracie is the same someone is doing with Boztepe and WT, or art x and master y: each style has its' strenght and weaknesses, there's nothing as "the perfect system to defeat everybody" or "the undefeateble master" and this discussion is REALLY REALLY STUPID (so maybe I am stupid too saying my two cents).

What we should do is analyse styles from a technical point of view and try to learn as much as possible from each other.

Titan

Posted On:
    10/16/2002 8:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, IMO ANY style of Kung Fu would be taken down to the ground as easily as that guy was, full stop.

This is my opinion and I know many others who share it, but I also now know it is fruitless to try and argue with someone like Mr KungFuDoesWork, who is clearly convinced otherwise and nothing I can say will change it. So thats that.

Edited by - slj on October 16 2002 08:26:16

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast