Octopussy!

Posted On:
    4/17/2008 1:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abusivemelon
    Haven't experienced it myself. That was some nasty ass crap he had on his neck which makes him unsuitable for that competition. If he knew he had it and it was that bad he should not have signed up for TUF.
    What I am trying to communicate to you here is that carrying herpes simplex 1 doesn't make you that much different from the rest of the population. It's frequently a latent virus that only manifests itself on your skin when you are under stress or your immune system is suppressed or weakened for some reason or other. The dude should not limit his life by not training because he is carrying HSV-1. Statistically, at least 6 other people in that house are carrying but not manifesting.

It sucks when people act all disgusted and turn their noses up and scorn people because they have some ailment. It's not even like the dude had AIDS and showed up to fight putting other people's lives at risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2008 1:10pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, you can get it without touching any "dirty *****":
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_...es_gladiatorum
    Herpes gladiatorum

Individuals that participate in contact sports such as wrestling, rugby, and soccer sometimes acquire a condition caused by HSV-1 known as herpes gladiatorum, scrumpox, wrestler’s herpes or mat herpes. Abraded skin caused by contacts sports provides an area of entry for HSV-1. Symptoms present within 2 weeks of direct skin-to-skin contact with an infected person, and include skin ulceration on the face, ears, and neck. This disorder may cause fever, headache, sore throat and swollen glands, and occasionally affects the eyes. Physical symptoms sometimes recur in the skin.[9]
    That's right - you, too, can get neck herpes!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/17/2008 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abusivemelon
    The guy had the herpes before he came on the show, why sign up if you have a contagious disease ffs? He knew about it.
    If you had cold sores, would you have signed up?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    4/17/2008 1:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, it's very possible the dude had Herpes zoster (aka shingles) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingles

Also, chickenpox is caused by one species of the herpes virus. My jab about rubbing the neck on a ***** was just a comedy jab mind you. Anyone that's posting here that has had a cold sore, surprise, that's herpes.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/17/2008 2:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So "XC" in Extreme XC stands for "Xtra Cootilicious" ?

Poor sob. That really sucks.

I had shingles- somewhat related to the neck funk he had. They gave me the herpes rx to clear it up.
    True- almost everyone is a herp-carrier to some degree/of some variation. Anyone who has had chicken pox has it dormant in their spinal cord.
    All it needs is an excuse and it'll come out & cootie your @ss up.

If ya noticed- the doc said something about it "swinging from one side of his body to the other..."
    something like that. That ruled out it being the shingles variety herp. Shingles sneak out the spine & only to one nerve root or another--picking the right or the left.

Again- poor guy. He seems to be a monster from the prelim & from any accounts of his history. Hope he does well.

Dana "it's good to be" White did the right thing.

Posted On:
    4/17/2008 2:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiridoku
    So "XC" in Extreme XC stands for "Xtra Cootilicious" ?

Poor sob. That really sucks.

I had shingles- somewhat related to the neck funk he had. They gave me the herpes rx to clear it up.
    True- almost everyone is a herp-carrier to some degree/of some variation. Anyone who has had chicken pox has it dormant in their spinal cord.
    All it needs is an excuse and it'll come out & cootie your @ss up.

If ya noticed- the doc said something about it "swinging from one side of his body to the other..."
    something like that. That ruled out it being the shingles variety herp. Shingles sneak out the spine & only to one nerve root or another--picking the right or the left.

Again- poor guy. He seems to be a monster from the prelim & from any accounts of his history. Hope he does well.

Dana "it's good to be" White did the right thing.
    That'd be me. Chickenpox sucks ass.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    4/17/2008 2:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm enjoying the comedy this year. Both Forrest's "no clapping" line and Rampage's "little bit taller than a hobbit" line had me laughing.

Feel bad for the guy that got kicked off. However, I trained earlier in the evening and when we were done, I told one of the guys that I was going to go watch TUF and that, "I hope somebody cries tonight!" lol Wish fulfilled.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/17/2008 2:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    However, I trained earlier in the evening and when we were done, I told one of the guys that I was going to go watch TUF and that, "I hope somebody cries tonight!" lol Wish fulfilled.
    Big jerk. You just KNOW you're gonna get some kind of neck herpes now. Its just Karma.

Posted On:
    4/17/2008 3:22pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    What I am trying to communicate to you here is that carrying herpes simplex 1 doesn't make you that much different from the rest of the population. It's frequently a latent virus that only manifests itself on your skin when you are under stress or your immune system is suppressed or weakened for some reason or other. The dude should not limit his life by not training because he is carrying HSV-1. Statistically, at least 6 other people in that house are carrying but not manifesting.

It sucks when people act all disgusted and turn their noses up and scorn people because they have some ailment. It's not even like the dude had AIDS and showed up to fight putting other people's lives at risk.
    Ah well, sucks to be that guy. When did you become marginally useful on Bullshido?
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Dude, whassup? Did they freeze your dick then accidentally use it to cool down a thimble full of water? Or, did you mis-spell crayonist? You know, the guy who makes sure the wax crayons you use aren't too sharp in case you decide to do the decent thing and kill yourself.
    Training log. Here

JFS vs The Villain here

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/17/2008 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sucks when people act all disgusted and turn their noses up and scorn people because they have some ailment
    Yeah, but would you roll with someone with leprosy? Probably not. How about a visible staph infection?
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast