Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 7:41pm

Style: Tsd,fencng,jkd,kali,silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kama Warrior
    Yeah, but unlike TKD, it doesn't suck. I've taken TKD before, and thought it was impractical in a fight. Alot of what Tang Soo Do teaches, is useful in a fight.
    lol i was thinking the same exact thing when reading the post above

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 10:18pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TAEKWONDO & DANGSOODO = SAME THING!

THANK YOU.

THAT IS ALL.

rawr

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 11:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Mushin Dao, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do progressive tang soo do which is just basicly what my instructors call their adult program.. they got black belts in traditional tang soo do but then combined that with their previous training and then continued to crosstrain to fill in the gaps in their style. we train striking, grappling, self defense (tony blauer's stuff), with a little bit of the traditional stuff left over, but not much. occasional stances and katas, no one steps at all. we spar open rules with gear, so you can strike, clinch, knee/elbow, takedown, grapple, gnp, etc. light to hard contact depending on the skill level of the participants. we do spend some time on the standard wrist locks, which may be of questionable usefulness, but I've trained those same wrist locks at every other martial arts school I've ever been to, so eh. we don't do any flashy kicks, and use mostly boxing hands.
    I think it was two ninjas taped together, to make one GIANT NINJA!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 6:18pm

Style: Tsd,fencng,jkd,kali,silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    TAEKWONDO & DANGSOODO = SAME THING!

THANK YOU.

THAT IS ALL.
    Even though Taekwondo and Tang soo do are similar in alot of there techniques because well there from the same place. Tang soo do, for the most part, trains with techniques that were designed to work in real combat, or at least emphasizes them alot more. also tang soo do, like everyone else is saying, doesn't really have any flashy techniques that wouldn't work **** in a real fight. lastly, tang soo do does real sparring, but this could depend on the place. But I wouldn't be suprised if someone would say they were teaching tang soo do but they would actually be teaching tae kwon do stuff like point sparring or something like that.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 12:09am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking hell, this thread is 3 years old. cskidd don't resurrect threads where you have absolutely ****-all to add to the discussion.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 1:26am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cskidd359
    Even though Taekwondo and Tang soo do are similar in alot of there techniques because well there from the same place. Tang soo do, for the most part, trains with techniques that were designed to work in real combat, or at least emphasizes them alot more. also tang soo do, like everyone else is saying, doesn't really have any flashy techniques that wouldn't work **** in a real fight. lastly, tang soo do does real sparring, but this could depend on the place. But I wouldn't be suprised if someone would say they were teaching tang soo do but they would actually be teaching tae kwon do stuff like point sparring or something like that.
    Newsflash: The majority of Dangsoodo schools do not train in full contact fighting, preferring to use old ippon style combat or tag sparring.

There are schools of Taekwondo that train effective techniques, and there are schools of Dangsoodo that train crap. Next strawman, please.

Dangsoodo has plenty of flashy techniques depending on what school you go to. Exhibit A: The Statue of Liberty Ax Kick.

Exhibit B: Michele "Mouse" Krasnoo

FINALLY...

The reason that no one seems to be able to get through their skulls.

Dangsoodo and Taekwondo are catch all terms for Korean Karate-based arts. Just like you can have great Karate, like Kyokushin and crappy Karate, like Shotocan't...so too with DSD and TKD.

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 1:27am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lifetime
    Fucking hell, this thread is 3 years old. cskidd don't resurrect threads where you have absolutely ****-all to add to the discussion.
    Or have a clue as to what you're talking about.

Check the sig, bro.

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 5:43am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to train at this very same club in ohio when I was younger. Though I don't remember much in the way of grappling. Sparring was point sparring with heavy restrictions (no head hits, grabbing kicks, trips or sweeps, etc.) my school was heavy into doing forms and board breaks. For every belt test, they required a certain kind of board break. It was cool for a while until the old teacher got transfered and replaced with some guy in his 20's. The rules werent quite the same after that and we never, ever spared. I quit soon after that and the place closed due to lack of attendance. The new guy attributed god like powers to CSkim, had a deep respect for the guy, I just thought it was kind of cheesy. I saw Mr. Kim at one of our belt tests and he seemed like and Ok guy, but not the kind that could walk on water.. :)

When I was there they had a pretty strict policy against grappling, saying that it would get you killed and or open the 7th seal or something like that. I wonder if they've changed their policies to keep with the times or if this was just HS? I'm serriously intersted, if not only for nostalgia
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 7:48am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Or have a clue as to what you're talking about.

Check the sig, bro.
    Not bagging on your knowledge at all, mate. Just a bit of a pet peeve when someone digs up a 3 year old thread and adds words to the effect of "I agree".
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 9:00am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lifetime
    Not bagging on your knowledge at all, mate. Just a bit of a pet peeve when someone digs up a 3 year old thread and adds words to the effect of "I agree".
    LOL, the comment was directed toward our friend, not you bro. I agree with you totally.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123