• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2002 4:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just curious how many Kenjutsu practitioners there are here @ McDojo.com.

If there are any, how long have you studied before you tried Tameshigiri? Do you own your own blade(s)? If so how many and what ear are they from, style etc?

Beware the master of To-fu!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/06/2002 2:34am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes I've studied kenjutsu , Niten ryu and shinkage ryu. I also collect blades, real not mass produced. I do like the Paul Chen line of Practical katana. They work pretty well.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2002 4:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, I was beginning to wonder if anyone even knew what Kenjutsu meant let alone studied it. I have been doing Shinkendo for almost two years now.

I own two blades right now. One is a Han-Tanto @ 26 inches with a mixed hamone in a dragon theme. The other is a Gendai blade @ 26 inches from Showa 13. No theme yet as I am in the process of refurbishing it.

In the two forms you studied, do they test? Assign rank or levels? Is part of the grading/testing criteria to do live cuttings?

I will be taking my second level test this Sunday AM. necessary evil for me as I am in it for the history, cutting and owning older blades.

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    9/07/2002 1:36am

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are the rankings in Kenjutsu? Is it the same ranking system as in Kendo?

Cast in the name of God. Ye not guilty.
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/07/2002 3:31am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Choke,

It depends on the school. Some hardcore Traditional schools only use 3 ranks (pretty much novice, apprentice, and master) some use a kyu/dan system.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  6. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/07/2002 4:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I studied Iaijutsu for a little while. I'm not really into weapons but the footwork gave me a lot to think about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2002 9:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the style I am stuying (Shinkendo) there are 5 levels to becom certified as an instructor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2002 5:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a practitioner of kenjutsu

i started on tameshigiri after about a year and yes i do own my own blade aswell as a lot of other wepaons and equipment (armor and stuff like that)

Edited by - KenjutsuB0i on October 13 2002 18:24:59

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2002 7:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not Ken Jutsu... but Iaido :-) And a little little Kendo :-)

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/14/2002 3:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a practitioner of Kumdo/Kumsul. I thus only dealt with practice blades. I am in the process of saving up for a nice cutting blade. I have been a practitioner of this are for 2 1/2 years.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!