4/12/2008 10:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Xtreme Couture franchise: NY chapter...

Here is their site:

http://www.xtremecoutureny.com/

I think Randy, however unintentionally, may have discovered a whole new level of McDojoism.

Apparently all you need to open up an Xtreme Couture franchise MMA Gym is a shitload of money for the initial investment, regardless of actual MMA experience. The new franchise recently built in Centereach, NY has several instructors listed on there site with HIDEOUSLY misleading and inflated "records". You can see them here:

http://www.xtremecoutureny.com/Instructors.html

I believe the only instructors listed with actual MMA experince are Master Mansor who did Vale Tudo in Brazil 50 or so years ago, and Mike Jiminez who is on sherdog here with a record of 0-0-0, but it seems like he's at least competed a little as an amatuer:

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...ighterID=29591

no other instructors, aside from Randy (who lives and teaches in Vegas, NOT New York) seem to be listed anywhere despite having ludicrous records on their profiles. It seems they are using combined unverifyable records from previous sports like wrestling, judo, kickboxin, street fights, sparring, etc., but listing yourself as an "MMA Instructor" and giving yourself a record of "130-20-1" or "46-3" when you've never had a single MMA fight is quite simply fraudulent. Fransisco Mansor actually did Vale Tudo long ago from what I gather, but rather then find his record they actually put up "To many to list"... WTF is that?

Anyone else have any imput on this. it seemed like this was the place to go from what I've read.
    Last edited by Paige8; 4/12/2008 10:54pm at .

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 11:08pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last time I asked about xtreme couture I got my ass handed to me.

Just go to randys (vegas) gym. he has said in the past that the only people he trusts with his gyms are people he used to wrestle with in the army.

I hope one of them opens up close to where I live.

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 11:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    Last time I asked about xtreme couture I got my ass handed to me.

Just go to randys (vegas) gym. he has said in the past that the only people he trusts with his gyms are people he used to wrestle with in the army.

I hope one of them opens up close to where I live.
    Reheheally? I don't see anything like that on the "open your own location" section of Randy's site here:

http://www.xtremecouture.tv/License.htm

From the site:

"
    The below is only an estimate of your initial investment to open one Xtreme Couture Facility based on a 8-9k sq. ft. gym.

The estimates do not provide for your cash requirements to cover operating losses and employee costs after the initial phase. It is also possible that you may greatly exceed costs in any of the areas listed below. Expense Amount Payment When Due Application Fee $1,000 In Full Before You Get The License Agreement Initial License Fee $50,000 In Full Upon signing the License Agreement Royalty Fee 6% of monthly Gross Revenues or $1,000 which ever is greater Monthly Within 15 days of the end of the previous calendar month Lease / Own Building $10,000 - $250,000 Monthly / In Full As Incurred Gym Equipment $75,000 - $100,000 Monthly / In Full Before Opening Office Equipment $3,000 - $7,500 In Full Before Opening Insurance $2,000 - $9,000 In Full Before Opening Security $0 - $2,000 In Full As Required Outside Signs $2,000 - $9,000 In Full Before Opening Supplies $5,000 - $20,000 In Full Before Opening Misc Funds $10,000 - $50,000 In Full As Incurred Opening Inventory $5,000 In Full Before Opening Advertising $2,000 - $6,000 In Full As Required Minimum Initial Investment $165,000

How Do I get started?
    Print out the Application form and Non Disclosure Agreement. Accurately fill it out. the form. Mail in the paperwork with your $1000 application fee to 4055 West Sunset, Las Vegas NV 89118 - Attn Ryan Couture. When we have received your Application, we will review, talk with you and send you a license agreement.

Do I get a protected Area - Right of Refusal?
    Yes, in general we will not place another facility within at least 25 miles of the location of your Xtreme Couture facility. Your protected territory will have a population base of not less than 100,000 people.

What is the term of the contract?
    In general the contract is for a term of 5 years.

Do I get a protected Area?
    Yes .Exclusive Territory referred to in the License Agreement is to be determined (not to exceed a radius of 25 miles or a population of 100,000 people) whichever is less."

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 11:31pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think its kinda dumb.

Your gonna end up paying for the name, not the instruction, although I have no clue what level the trainers are at. But having an MMA school where there are no MMA fighters is kinda odd and sketchy.

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 11:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and here is the application you send in with $1,000:

http://www.xtremecouture.tv/Franchis...ation_wNDA.pdf

after that they send you a license for $50,000... maybe he gives his old army buddies a discount?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 11:40pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whole new level? No.

It is really similar to many businesses/franchises that give their name to affiliates from Couture to McDonald's. Yes, I did that on purpose.

So no, it isn't a whole new level at all. At least he tells you upfront, the cost to buy his name and what you'll be paying monthly for 5 years.

Is it McDojo and possibly lead to dilution? Yes.

Is he the first? Nope.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 11:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey....just repeating what I've heard....

so it is a mcdojo. at least it has weights and bags. and equipment.

at the very least they will hire some wrestling coaches. I think if it goes correctly it could be a whole new alternative outside of collegiate wrestling for those of us who either:

1.quit wrestling at a highschool level(like me)

2.never took wrestling but became interested after highschool, and are too crappy to make the college tryouts

3.couldn't make the highschool tryouts.

4.can't afford college

5.want to have their kids start with a solid foundation

we all know that wrestling compliments BJJ, and to me, learning bjj is not enough.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 12:21am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey....just repeating what I've heard....

so it is a mcdojo. at least it has weights and bags. and equipment.
    No. I'm talking about the contract/Franchising part of the discussion not the school itself.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 12:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    excuse me for not seeing that far through specifics, douchebag.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 12:37am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    excuse me for not seeing that far through specifics, douchebag.
    Then learn how to read.
Page 1 of 27 1 234511 ... LastLast