• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 8:23pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tenchu, and for other guys in Thailand, did you just save a butload of money while in Australia or do you have a job or something in Thailand? Staying for 5 months is a long time, but then again, I don't have a real job and am in college, so maybe you were able to save up a lot.

I would like to go for a month or two, but would have a gym here in the states that would be making me my money anyways, so I could live pretty nicely there.

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 6:35am

Style: Muay Thai. Ansatsuken.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    Tenchu, and for other guys in Thailand, did you just save a butload of money while in Australia or do you have a job or something in Thailand? Staying for 5 months is a long time, but then again, I don't have a real job and am in college, so maybe you were able to save up a lot.

I would like to go for a month or two, but would have a gym here in the states that would be making me my money anyways, so I could live pretty nicely there.
    Full time Muay Thai will leave almost no time for work. Just rob a bank or something, that does the trick for cash! LOL. Yeah man, you might get a job teaching English if you did well in school, but that is full time, you can barely train. You need cash, and lots of it. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by danielson
    Tiger MT has a good rep but the owner has a bad rep for gouging on room rates so look around before you book a place.
    ??? You know this from experience, or a bull **** artist from this site told you?

From my experience with Tiger paying; I met Will on the net, he is the owner, he posts at this site on the forum: www.muaythailand.com . Because we had been talking and he was telling me my current gym sucked and I was agreeing I asked maybe I should come to his place for some better training. You guys might want to note it is easier to barter with prices over the net than face to face, much easier, barter and book through the net. So, Will wanter 24,000 THB per month for full access to all classes, that is MMA and Muay Thai, both full time, and that includes a Tropical Bungalow, the better accom at his place. And they ARE good rooms, the Tropical ones, that is, I never been into the others. Now, he wants 8,000 per month for full time training, that means 16,000 per month for accom. I got the lot for 20,000 THB per month because I am both good looking and able to use a computer effectivly! That means at the usual rate is is about 500 THB per night, for me it was like 400 or 350 or somethin per night. I could see myself paying the same at a hotel that was equal or lesser than the bungalow, but definatly not better for that price...

I think you are wrong.

('._.)

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 12:45pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Get a job...

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 3:16pm

TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a job buttnutz, I just thought 5 months was long.

I would have money coming in from a school here in USA, not enough to live off here but enough to be fine in Thailand.

Maybe you didn't see the last part, where I'd still be making money here, while training in Thailand :qgaraduat ? I was asking what ou guys did :bootyshak

('._.)

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 4:27pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah I see, serves me right for being a smart ass without reading the post properly...thought you were asking for advice on how to make cash to be able to stay there.

I myself live rather comfortably and Im able to save up cash easily. I am single and have no family to support. Otherwise I would not be able to do this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 7:03pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I work... if you are only coming for a month or two, I wouldn't bother. Depending where you are, you can have a decent time for 30,000 THB all in. Rent for 4,000 a month, a bike for 3,000, food for 9,000, training 8,000, incidentals 6,000.

Working can be a difficult process, and not worth it if you are only coming for a short stay.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 9:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also, is it worht staying at a camp? Tiger Muay Thai charges 12,000 THB per month for a bungalow on the camp but I keep reading about people paying a lot less for apartments. Is it just easier when staying a month or two, will people rent an apartment for such a short period of time? I'd rather stay at the camp, just wondering if Im getting ripped off or not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 10:25pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Draven,

I should be there for about 3 weeks. I hope that is enough time to get my stamina and skills up. Does Tiger cook for you or do you have to eat out? How much do you guys spend of food? How close is TMT to the beach. I would like to swing out there in the afternoon to take a break every now and then.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 10:43pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 1:40am

Style: Muay Thai. Ansatsuken.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also, is it worht staying at a camp? Tiger Muay Thai charges 12,000 THB per month for a bungalow on the camp but I keep reading about people paying a lot less for apartments. Is it just easier when staying a month or two, will people rent an apartment for such a short period of time? I'd rather stay at the camp, just wondering if Im getting ripped off or not.
    Well, I already have an apartment in Bangkok and obviously aint going to rent another in Phuket for a stay of 7 weeks, but if you stay more than a few months it will pay off. But might be hard without a Thai speaking girl or friend to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty00
    Draven,

I should be there for about 3 weeks. I hope that is enough time to get my stamina and skills up. Does Tiger cook for you or do you have to eat out? How much do you guys spend of food? How close is TMT to the beach. I would like to swing out there in the afternoon to take a break every now and then.
    Are you fuckin retarded? 2 peope, inclding myself, have already given estimates on food in GREAT detail.

In regards, TMT has a cafe open all hours of day, but it is not free.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast