Sponsored Links Spacer Image

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 3:56pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think there are a couple of older threads about this in the bottom of strikistan somewhere that were pretty good it would be cool to edit them into the op
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 5:19pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danielson
    Don't book hotel or training camp in advance,,you will get robbed on the price. Just go to Khaosarn rd in bangkok (pronounced cow-san) directly from the airport cabstand. The taxi will cost you about 350 baht. There are hundred of guest houses on Khaosarn,,its like a travellers mecca. Ask around when you get there. I reccomend Tigerpitt muah thai in Phuket. Its run by Sean Douglas from the states.
    Ugh, personally I fucking hate Khao San Road. Those disgusting roach infested guest houses smell of piss and everything there is overpriced. It doesnt even look like Bangkok around there. I suggest staying at a different area in Bangkok like Saphan Kwai and Nana District (my favourite, hehe). In these places you pay only a few hundred Baht more for a nice 3-4 star hotel than you for a disgusting little room in Khao San where you will undoubtly share your room with rats and cockroaches.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 5:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 5:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I liked Nana Hotel. Certainly not the cleanest or best priced hotel in BKK but its worth checking out just because of the location. Its right across the street from Nana Plaza, a three story complex of GoGo bars and Beer bars and the basement of the Hotel is actually a nighclub where all the hoes go after they finish their shifts at the strip joints across the street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[yt]UfvxdTCsA4Q
    An absolutely crazy place.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 6:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    Just remember to check for the Adams apple...
    fixed

twice!!!

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 6:26pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    since it seems like we are going to have to talk about it, is prostitution actually legal in thailand or just really, really laxly enforced or what? Because it's all anybody will ever talk about after they get back (I suspect giving insight into how sex deprived they are in the states)
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 6:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    since it seems like we are going to have to talk about it, is prostitution actually legal in thailand or just really, really laxly enforced or what? Because it's all anybody will ever talk about after they get back (I suspect giving insight into how sex deprived they are in the states)
    Technically its illegal. That law is never enforced though. The brothels and shady bars are all partly owned by corrupt policemen. Its in your face on every corner in some parts of the country and nothing is considered more normal. Thais look at it in a different way than us. For them, its just a temporary job to get a little extra money. The girls send that cash to their families and make their lives a little easier.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 7:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai (beginner)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey draven I have a question for you. If I ever decide to go to a thai training camp, would I be subjected to blatant prejudice just because I am black? and also, why do thais hate black people in the first place?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 7:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I basically sold myself on going over there next summer, my friend's dad is a pilot for Delta so I might be able to get myself a buddy pass, essentially a free ticket anywhere Delta flies to. With the dollars current situation this might change, but how much should one save up for a 2-3 month's stay?

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    4/14/2008 3:51am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    Technically its illegal. That law is never enforced though. The brothels and shady bars are all partly owned by corrupt policemen. Its in your face on every corner in some parts of the country and nothing is considered more normal. Thais look at it in a different way than us. For them, its just a temporary job to get a little extra money. The girls send that cash to their families and make their lives a little easier.
    QFT!

It's quite normal to hear choruses of "Hello Sexy man!" and literally be dragged off the streets towards a bar.

In my experiences, I found that the locals tolerate the sex tourists but have no respect for them. When they found out we were there for Boxing and nothing else, they loved us. The hotel staff would jump on us shouting Muay Thai! and have little play fights as we were walking through the lobby, the shop owners throw playful punches etc.

As Draven said, they love respect and if you bow and say Sawatdee ka/kup, they love you.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast