Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2009 1:18pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, what? Where can I go to watch hookers fight?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2009 11:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice info really usefull maybe someday i might go to thailand

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/12/2009 11:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Gracie Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. I didn't know so many people traveled to Thailand to train.

I have a friend who went for a while and he wanted to go watch a Muay Thai fight while he was there, but he told me that most of the ones for tourists are staged.

I would love to travel there to train and check out the culture. Is there any advantage to training in Thailand vs training in the states?
    Last edited by Keeze; 12/12/2009 11:47am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2009 1:58pm

Style: Weightlifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just read this entire thread... Ive been saving up for a car but i might scrap that idea lol

that country sounds AWESOME!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2009 12:17am

Style: MT, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeze View Post
    I have a friend who went for a while and he wanted to go watch a Muay Thai fight while he was there, but he told me that most of the ones for tourists are staged.
    I would argue that he didn't actually look around enough. Unless he's talking about this sort of thing: YouTube- Tarzan Complex
    Tourists can go watch fights wherever they want, really.
    Last edited by P-Dub; 12/14/2009 12:21am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2009 1:14am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys... Im going to Thailand in Janurary (only a short 5 day trip... am going to Vietnam for Uni and decided I didnt want to spend my last 5 days of break in NJ so I bought a ticket to Bangkok (airasia.com ---amazingly cheap flights within SE Asia...cost me around 150USD)

Anyway... I wish I had the time to train out there but hopefully another time.... I was wondering if anyone knew a place where I can buy some cheaply priced equipment/shorts ... from the bit of research I did, I read that you shouldn't buy from training camps because they are priced a little higher than what you would find elsewhere in Thailand. The only problem is I have yet to find any specific locations/addresses to get gear other than at training camps. Any info would be appreciated :) Thx!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2009 4:51am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by twntrborx7 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knew a place where I can buy some cheaply priced equipment/shorts
    There are stores right next to the entrance to Lumphini Stadium in Bangkok that sell all kinds of boxing and Muay Thai gear and clothing. I can't speak to the prices though, as I've never bought any of it there.

Fairtex sells gear out of their factory in Bang Plee, which is about a half an hour outside of Bangkok by taxi. This factory is right next to their camp. Not many taxi drivers in Bangkok will know how to get there, but most seem to know Big C Theparak ("tay-pa-rak"). Big C is a sort of Thai mega WalMart store, and the Theparak store is about 5 minutes from the camp. Most taxi drivers at this Big C will know how to get to Fairtex.

The prices at the Fairtex equipment factory are lower than their catalog, but still not super cheap. Their stuff is good quality though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2009 10:26am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahuyuddha View Post
    There are stores right next to the entrance to Lumphini Stadium in Bangkok that sell all kinds of boxing and Muay Thai gear and clothing. I can't speak to the prices though, as I've never bought any of it there.

Fairtex sells gear out of their factory in Bang Plee, which is about a half an hour outside of Bangkok by taxi. This factory is right next to their camp. Not many taxi drivers in Bangkok will know how to get there, but most seem to know Big C Theparak ("tay-pa-rak"). Big C is a sort of Thai mega WalMart store, and the Theparak store is about 5 minutes from the camp. Most taxi drivers at this Big C will know how to get to Fairtex.

The prices at the Fairtex equipment factory are lower than their catalog, but still not super cheap. Their stuff is good quality though.

Exactly what I needed....Thank you so much!!! :)

Twins is also in Thailand, yeah? Does anyone happen to know where their factory store is?

('._.)

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 11:16am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Twins and Windy are the best brands in Thailand, and the whole world for that matter.

They may be slightly more expensive at the camps but still very cheap by our standards, the Taxi ride to the factory may cost you more than the just buying it at the nearest place.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 12:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    Twins and Windy are the best brands in Thailand, and the whole world for that matter.

They may be slightly more expensive at the camps but still very cheap by our standards, the Taxi ride to the factory may cost you more than the just buying it at the nearest place.
    the stores at lumphini have a great selection, and although i may be wrong when i was asked where "the" twins store was in bangkok, i was sent there. not sure about buying at the factory, though.

when i was on koh samui, there was gear available at the camp, but the prices and selection were way better at a sports store about 15 minutes away by scooter, so it pays to look around before buying. you may want to ask the other people training at the camp, as the people working there will of course want you to buy from them.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13 LastLast