Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 2:40pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is so satisfying to me to see Mark Kerr lose so many of his recent fights. He is a one-dimentional fighter who only used to win most of his fights because he had ridiculous amounts of pain killers and steroids flowing through his system. Now, he's not even forty yet, but is out of severely shape, has serious health problems, and has lost 6 of his last 8 fights. Ah, how the mighty have fallen...

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 2:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I downloaded a Kerr takedown instructional recently that surprisingly doesn't suck. Kerr should stick to coaching, IMO.

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 3:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kerr really was a badass wrestler, Syracuse U studley n'all, which makes this all the sadder:(

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 3:29pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a sweet ass kneebar Taktarov pulled off. I'm very partial to kneebars, so I'm happy whenever I see one pulled off in MMA. I'm going to have to learn that setup.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 6:16pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar42Ox
    I think Kerr is just looking for paydays, I dont think he really cares. I'd still consider him retired. Theres no way you let yourself get that out of shape, even if you were having a "comeback" fight. Sick leg lock though.

Did anyone else notice the ring announcer with the worst voice in history? That guy was the worst ring annoucner I've ever seen anywhere period. How the hell did he get a job as a ring announcer, he has a suicide inducing voice.

Dude, that announcer was THE WORST (though I must admit he made me chuckle once or twice).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 12:04pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The announcer sounded like he had one of those machines under his throat for emphasema to help him speak. I thought it was funny how the russian guy wouldnt say he trained in muay thai and jiu jitsu, he was like Sambo Jiu Jitsu, Sambo Muay Thai, and just put sambo infront of everything. Its like yea I do Sambo Kung Fu, Sambo Karate, French Jiu Jitsu, Antartic Fencing

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 12:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I cooked some mean Sambo Omlette this morning!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 12:34pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take sambo accounting, I drive a sambo volvo. I live in Sambo New York.

Posted On:
    4/14/2008 7:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are some people up the street from me who have plastic Sambo lawn ornaments--little black ones--in their front yard. Hamilton? Redneck town? Naaaaw...

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/14/2008 8:22am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordi LaForge
    I downloaded a Kerr takedown instructional recently that surprisingly doesn't suck. Kerr should stick to coaching, IMO.
    Yeah, I downloaded it a couple of months ago, pretty decent, and Kerr looked pretty good in it, physically speaking.

Speaking of which, if someone had shown me that YAMMA manga mango whatever-is-called fight video without introduction and without sound, I would have never guessed that was Kerr, not until the end when they closed on him after getting subbed by Oleg. The dude is a living cautionary tale of 'roids gone bad man. Super fucking sad to see The Titan going off like that. Really, really sad :(
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast