Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2008 10:36pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

FAKE OR STUPID - Galaxy of the Guardian Order

Alright, I haven't had time to go to this place yet but hopefully in the upcoming weeks I will be able to run by and take a free class or two. However I just wanted to give yall a heads up to this place and what they say and believe.

Yes that is the real name of the org. and the website is Guardianart.org .. This one right here is the mecca of Bullshido. I found it randomly rolling through Craigslist SF bay area.

Anyway just wanted to lay the groundwork before I actually go and start looking.

Enjoy the site I throughly enjoyed it.

MississippiRed is dead

Ogum is risen

Posted On:
    4/10/2008 10:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy crap, they use the word "younglings"!

Also: "It is actually against policy in the Galaxy of the Guardian Order to ever negatively criticize any students."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2008 1:19am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish we had all this crazy stuff in Australia, and you can try it for two weeks free! It could always be a legitimate instructor teaching it, even good fighters get a little crazy at times, looking forward to hearing how everything goes

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2008 1:21am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2008 2:11am

Style: bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BECOME AN EXPERT GRAPPLER
    The flaw in generally all styles of Martial Arts is that students are taught to mimic the exact movement of a technique. There are two major problems to this approach:
    1) Everyoneís body is different, so having different bodies trying to achieve the same body movement clearly compromises an individualís grappling potential in terms of effectiveness.
    2) The focus is on the body movement of the technique itself instead of the understanding of its purpose. Therefore, because of the limited understanding of the grappling move, the effectiveness of the move is also limited.
    The Guardian Art Grappling Course was made so that the individual discovers and understands the most effective way he/she grapples. Hence, the result is that everyone naturally gains their own unique style of grappling that reaches the individualís personal highest level of effectiveness.

BECOME AN EXPERT STRIKER
    The flaw in generally all styles of Martial Arts is that students are taught to mimic the exact movement of a technique. There are two major problems to this approach:
    1) Everyoneís body is different, so having different bodies trying to achieve the same body movement clearly compromises an individualís striking potential in terms of effectiveness.
    2) The focus is on the body movement of the technique itself instead of the understanding of its purpose. Therefore, because of the limited understanding of the strike, the effectiveness of the strike is also limited.
    The Guardian Art Striking Course was made so that the individual discovers and understands the most effective way he/she strikes. Hence, the result is that everyone naturally gains their own unique style of striking that reaches the individualís personal highest level of effectiveness.
    Wow what a uniquely profound statement about grappling
    Wow what a uniquely profound statement about striking

Old School DM

Posted On:
    4/11/2008 9:35am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do they call the lower belts "Padawans"?

"When 300 years old you become, grapple so poorly you will not."
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    4/11/2008 10:31am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Before time began, these aims flourished and prospered in the universe once before. It has seemed that the existence of these aims has been lost and forgotten in an endless eternity known as forever. All hope has been seemed to be lost…until now.

A new group has risen and arrived to bring forth these aims as realities throughout the universe once more. This group has vowed to achieve these aims, and has promised to reach and obtain them regardless of circumstance."

Too much like Star Wars for my taste.

Posted On:
    4/11/2008 10:39am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is too stupid to deserve any serious attention, and that's assuming it's real.

To YMAS it goes.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    4/11/2008 11:03am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The Galaxy of the Guardian Order does not owe its help to anyone, but we have decided to help without any permission, just not for ourselves, but for entire universe. No one owes the Guardian anything nor no one is in the Guardians debt.

At the end of this day we shall all stand and all out-ethics shall fall.

The Guardian is not hiding amongst all living beings in secret, but in plain sight. We have nothing to hide for that our name means help, and help should be never hidden.

We are not hoping to achieve our aims. We are achieving our aims. Through ours aims the universe shall yield its rewards.

These aims hold the key to the universe's survival.

We are here. We are doing it.

May our Divine light shine on all of us once more.

For infinity."
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Old School DM

Posted On:
    4/11/2008 11:05am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    May our Divine light shine on all of us once more.

For infinity."

To INFINITY and BBBBBEEEEEEYYYYYOOOOOONNNNNNDDDDDDD! :headbang:
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast