Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They aren't allowed to READ?!?!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2008 12:28pm

Style: TKD, Wrestling (retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I disagree. With guys this intense, the intense training, and the fact that most of them don't know each other I'd bet you'd still get a good bit of drama during training. Like how Bisping kept getting pissed with Matt Hamill, because Hamill was escaping without using his hands or was going too hard.

Or BJ Penn kicking Andy Wang off his team.

The general fucking insanity of Shonie Carter.

There is still plenty of drama available without having to cater to the lowest common demoninator.

And really what bothered me more was the whole moral indignation card that Dana played when he setup the rules to encourage **** like that happening.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2008 12:29pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, that KO was SICK.

On the plus side, maybe this will shut up some of the dumb kids who think stupid things like 'Kimbo Slice has an unfair advantage because of his facial hair'.

Beards: not good for absorbing punches.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2008 12:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Domite
    They aren't allowed to READ?!?!
    I think you can keep a journal and write letters home. It's supposed to be like boot camp, but ya know if boot camp allowed excessive drinking and hoards of unsupervised time.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2008 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: age&treachery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    I swear, among all the "What happened? What happened?" he asked, "Was I in a fight, or just a LIGHT ROLL?" (My emphasis added.) And, kind of creepy the way the guy asked Rampage, to his face, what happened and Rampage just, basically, turned and walked away. What a completely bizarre situation. Kinda weirded me out, honestly.
    Seemed as though it weirded Rampage out too.

There's a clip on the Spike site that shows more of the post-fight disorientation. Sobering, for everyone. Poor guy couldn't even remember getting his hands taped for the fight. Apart from medical personnel, no one knows how to act.

Well, almost no one: John Clarke -- the guy with the massive weight cut, from the first series of fights -- tries talking to the guy. (I've actually met Clarke, and he's a gentleman. Hope he gets a callback.) But the guy clearly can't process information at that point.
    Last edited by billy sol hurok; 4/10/2008 1:11pm at . Reason: more better spelling

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2008 12:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About that knockout- ouch. Hands down, chin up does not a good fighting stance make. I was also a little creeped out by the aftermath- "Rampage, where am I?" Jesus I felt bad for that guy. Also, was anyone else just a little put off by the guy who delivered the KO? I mean, I'll give him the imediate celebration once Herb Dean stops the fight, but once you realize how badly hurt the opponent is, maybe tone it down a little? For all he knows the guy he just hit is going to be eating through a tube for the next 6 months and he's all "My first KO...".
    Douche.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2008 12:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember the first time I pinned a guy in a wrestling match my adrenaline was through the roof. I think you gotta multiply that about 50 million to get how hyped Riddle must have been for his first UFC fight (sanctioned or not), making it into the house, and getting his first career knockout.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2008 12:51pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, ok. That's actually a pretty good point. The editing could have made him look worse than he was as well. I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way. I temporarily retract my "douche" label untill we have time to see more of him.
    Last edited by wavy tiger; 4/10/2008 1:01pm at .

Posted On:
    4/10/2008 12:51pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wavy tiger
    Also, was anyone else just a little put off by the guy who delivered the KO? I mean, I'll give him the imediate celebration once Herb Dean stops the fight, but once you realize how badly hurt the opponent is, maybe tone it down a little? For all he knows the guy he just hit is going to be eating through a tube for the next 6 months and he's all "My first KO...".
    Douche.
    This ^^ ffs sake the guy was loudly moaning in pain and the opponent is grinning and trying to touch fists with people as the guy is carried out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Dude, whassup? Did they freeze your dick then accidentally use it to cool down a thimble full of water? Or, did you mis-spell crayonist? You know, the guy who makes sure the wax crayons you use aren't too sharp in case you decide to do the decent thing and kill yourself.
    Training log. Here

JFS vs The Villain here

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2008 12:53pm

Style: Mixed Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMac
    There is still plenty of drama available without having to cater to the lowest common demoninator.
    I do agree with you, in theory - but let's face it, the majority of people that tune in do so for the man-drama, not to watch people actually train (let alone read).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast