...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/15/2008 5:46pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Your next post in this thread will be a scan of the contract or asking where you can mail it to have someone else put it up.
    Seriously. What the hell is it with people who come ask you for help but then can't follow the simplest instructions?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2008 10:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ITF TKD, HKD, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    You told the instructor first?

Did you tell the Billing company first?

We all know you have just informed the Collections agency.

Notice, as I said earlier, JC explained much clearer that the three are different.
    All three in that order.

Posted On:
    4/16/2008 10:21am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Print the text of the friggen contract.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/16/2008 10:53am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkschlaf
    All three in that order.
    Thank you.

I got sick of the McDojo I was attending and they continued to bill me for months after I stopped going. Once I realized it was a condition of the contract that I can only quit over an injury or move I had my doctor write 3 letters and sent them certifed to the billing company.
    This is why I kept asking. You never said clearly, until now, that you informed the instructor first.

You kept saying you informed the billing company. When I asked, you kept being unclear.

Thank you. Then they did screw up.

Now, to be clear, did this happen before or after you started the thread?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    4/16/2008 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkschlaf
    All three in that order.

Do you need a 3 day temp ban and/or this thread thrown out to the Trollshido waste bin to show you I am serious?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 9:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

my two cents

okay, i'll preface this by saying 1) i didn't read any of the previous posts, and 2) i haven't actually tried this myself, it only occurred to me that this might be my legal out if i ever need to get out of my contract.

I have the standard contract through EFC, that many schools probably use. however, mine says (in bold, no less) that i can cancel for any reason within 3 days of the date of the contract so long as i send written notice to the school by certified mail (i am paraphrasing, but only in the interest of time, cutting out the legalese).

so, here's the trick: (and it's so shady i wouldn't do it myself unless pushed to the postal point) at my school, anyway, every time i have changed the amount of classes i take (i.e. going up to unlimited, or back down for some reason--which they let me do, they're pretty good) they make me sign a new standard EFC contract. with the current day's date on it. you see where this is going? (i think they don't realize I know they're extending my contract time another 12 months every time they do this. but i do because i too can read!) so anyway, the gist is, if your contract has the "3 day ****-off for any reason or no reason" clause in it like mine, just ask to go up to unlimited classes, or change your membership plan somehow, sign the new contract with the current day's date and send them your certified cancellation notice within 3 days (do it by certified mail and in person AND make sure EFC gets a copy within 3 days, certified probably best).

NOW FOR THE CAVEATS: (and these are important)
    1. the obvious one: this only works if your school makes you sign the brand new contract every time you change something. and you'd better go over it with a finetooth comb and make sure it's a brand new contract with the current days date on it. if it says something like renewal or extension, or modification, or they make the date retroactive somehow, this won't work.

2. this one's important: the very last line of the contract (you'll have to handwrite this in and get authorized person to sign or initial) needs to be an "entire agreement/sole agreement" clause, which basically says "this writing is our entire contract and our only contract, and we haven't made any promises to each other not found in this writing, so if it isn't in here go f-yourself cause i never said i'd do it" (again, paraphrasing. you can google to find the right language). the gist of it is, you need something that says your previous contract is not incorporated.

3. if you're in california, or new jersey, this probably doesn't work.

4. last but not least: this is not a panacea, it is only a legal defense. all of the above does not mean that they won't try to EFT you the next month (they probably will). it also doesn't necessarily mean they won't try to collect, or even send to collections. they will most certainly try to strong-arm you (especially for being such a snake) with in-house personnel at the very least ('we have a contract goddamnit!!!'). it is possible, that all you will have in the end is a really strong legal defense if they ever tried to file suit to collect. (and a paper trail so equifax can clear your good name if need be).

5. did i mention i haven't tried this myself and i'm not a lawyer?

so that's my two cents. and if the next standard form EFC contract i fill out doesn't have the 3 day remorse clause, at least i will know that it works!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 9:36pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to inform equifax, transunion, and experian, they are the three major credit reporting agencies. You need to send them copies of the doctors note and a letter of explanation because it is going to **** up your credit. Send a copy of everything you sent to them to the school and to the billing company, they will take it far more seriously then and you might even get your money back. I do credit repair for clients sometimes and all though its a pain in the ass it usually works.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112