Stand and Deliver, Bitch

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Whatever Works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by thebgbb

It doesn't have to be violent. From what I understand there was any bad blood at the last McThrowdown, and there is no reason why this one should be any different.

I hope so..I just read so much crap on here and a lot of ego crashing..I wonder. It would not be a cool thing for it to be some bloodbath, but in the effort to try to prove something, sometimes peolpe go to far. BUT...hopefully maturity and cool heads prevail and it turns out to be fun
    ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

***ned

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure if you realize how much it would cost to bring Matt Thornton to the area to conduct a seminar. We are talking THOUSANDS of dollars. If you happen to find a willing venue, deal with all the logistics, etc. I don't really know how many people(McThrowdown Participants) here are willing to spend a hundred bucks.

And I don't really understand what you're doing. There are people that are planning this and that are in charge. If you don't even know who those people are, then what the hell do you think you're going to accomplish? And I think that a tradeshow is the LAST thing a McThrowdown should be. In fact, I think it should be the COMPLETE opposite. That's just my opinion, of course. If you want to organize a Matt Thornton seminar by yourself, that's fine. If you want to publicize that said seminar on this forum, that's fine too. But I find an issue with you using the name of Bullshido.com to serve your own purposes.
    Last edited by deus ex machina; 11/18/2003 2:52pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 2:59pm

Style: Wrestling, WC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by deus ex machina
    I'm not sure if you realize how much it would cost to bring Matt Thornton to the area to conduct a seminar. We are talking THOUSANDS of dollars. If you happen to find a willing venue, deal with all the logistics, etc. I don't really know how many people here are willing to spend a hundred bucks.
    I know how much it would be. I've been to a few seminars of other artists (Eddie Chong, Jason Caldwell, etc), and I've seen how much they bring in. Dan Inosanto did one near here just recently, and a buddy of mine told me that it was about $125.

And I don't really understand what you're doing. There are people that are planning this and that are in charge. If you don't even know who those people are, then what the hell do you think you're going to accomplish?...

...If you want to organize a Matt Thornton seminar by yourself, that's fine. If you want to publicize that said seminar on this forum, that's fine too. But I find an issue with you using the name of Bullshido.com to serve your own purposes.
    I'm not to accomplish anything. Go back and read my original post. I said I have an idea, and I asked what others would think of doing it. It's called a SUGGESTION! I'm not trying to take over or anything like that. I'm just asking a question and gathering information. McThrowdown belongs to Bullshido, and I'm not trying to steal it or use it to serve my own purposes. I'm trying to see if I can help serve the purpose of the site.

And I think that a tradeshow is the LAST thing a McThrowdown should be. In fact, I think it should be the COMPLETE opposite.
    I apologize for not putting a smiley here to signify a joke. I'm a Ham radio operator, and I hang around with other operators a lot. We often joke about turning everything into a trade show (or as we call them, Ham Fests). Sorry that the joke didn't translate over.

Please forgive any sarcastic tone here, but I don't appreciate it when someone even hints that I have some sort of malicious or greedy intent when I throw out an idea and ask for opinion.

Stand and Deliver, Bitch

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 3:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Whatever Works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah...you tell them Mr. Kingpin ..I mean, Mr. BG sir!
    ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 3:10pm

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude, Matt Thornton won't drive by the throwdown for $125

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 3:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF? Go find the info yourself. Mr. Thornton posted his email

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 3:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by kismasher
    dude, Matt Thornton won't drive by the throwdown for $125
    Hehee. No he probably wouldn't.

But he might consider it for, say, $125/person times 40 people. That was what I was getting at.

Anyway, I'm sorry. This idea seems to be pissing people off, and that wasn't the intention at all. I just wanted to know what people thought of it (especially the organizers).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 6:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to put it out there if anyone's interested, The prices are:

Seminar with MT up to 40 people: $1500 + Round trip airfare + Hotel (Should add up to about $2200)
    Seminar with MT 40-60 people: $1500 + Airfare x2 + Hotel (so he can bring an assistant, about 2700).
    Seminar with SBG Affiliate (2 day): $1000 + Airfare + Hotel
    Seminar with SBG Affiliate (1 day): $750 + Airfare + Hotel

A $200 dollar deposit is required, and he want's about 3-4 months advanced notice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 6:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    McThrowdown might not be the place to do it. It might be worth organizing it this summer, though, if we can get some commitments. If we can get 40 people, the cost won't be much at all per person.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12