Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 9:56pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd hate to see the walls of your place kaju.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 11:16pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate Rogan's drug and political rants too. I've seen his comedy shows and they are weak (Not so good a choice for the Man Show replacement). MMA commentator? I think he does fine.

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 11:36pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    I don't think there is a real hate for him. But no one is liked by EVERYONE.
    Bas.

Trigg is a great commentator though, he actually says something that's actually funny back to Ranallo when he makes a stupid joke or comment. Rogan just kinda sits there for 45 seconds of awkward silence when Goldberg does his I'm-a-total-douchebag thing. Probably because he's reminding himself he can't say the words "fucking douchebag" on TV, but still.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 11:50pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to hate on Roegan until two things happened.

We used to play this UFC drinking game for everytime Rogan and Goldberg said something stupid. Boy did we get drunk. Then I went on a forum and told a few people we did that. I **** you not, the very next UFC Rogan goes "for those of you who are playing the UFC drinking game now's the time to drink"....You got to respect a guy who can laugh at himself.

Then there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrABuxM1tHU

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 12:09am

Style: MM to tha A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think more people would like Rogan if they actually took the time to read his blog and watch his interviews. He's a much more likable person than the crushing majority of generic UFC fans, in my opinion.

He's open minded, free of alpha male testosterone, doesn't take himself too seriously, and actually knows what he's talking about seeing as he's a brown belt in BJJ.

People just like to bitch and complain about anyone who's loud and in a higher position of influence than them.
    Last edited by Aikicat; 4/09/2008 12:12am at .

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 3:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I <3
    :new_all_c

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 5:17am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rogan is pretty good. Unfortunately, I can't stand Goldberg. I'd really like to get the option of just hearing the crowd and corners and mute the commentators. That's one thing I really enjoy about TUF fights.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 8:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To whomever said they prefer Mir as a commentator- Yeah, I like Mir as well. I like him in the same way I sometimes enjoy bringing very drunk friends over to very serious family gatherings. You never know what they're going to say, it's usually completely hillarious, and it breaks the tension. Mir knows his stuff unquestionably, it's somtimes fun to see him get so worked up, and it's really fun when he catches himself about to swear "OMG! Look at that triangle SHIOOOOOOOOOOT..." Count though the number of times he forgets how to pronounce simple words like "glove" and "arm". Fun to listen to? Sometimes. A good anouncer? No.

Other than Bas who is in a league all by himself, I think Rogan is the best option we have right now. I also think he gets better when he's got someone like Randy to play off of. Goldberg is just terrible. We have a different drinking game- Drink every time something Goldberg says leads to an awkward silence. My only complaint about Rogan is those post fight interviews. God I hate those. I realize it's not his fault that he has to do them, but seriously- "Talk us through the last few seconds of the fight..." and "How does it feel to be wearing that belt now..." are getting seriously old.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 8:22am

Style: GJJ beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can anyone complain about Rogan when he's sitting right next to that fucking Goldberg: Talking about fighting is your job! Know something! Anything! Please...
    Also, that guy Frank Mir is paired with.
    Also, Bas Rutten is overrated. All commenting should be done by Frank Mir and Joe Rogan, until they can find someone who sucks less.
    Last edited by Lars; 4/09/2008 8:36am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 10:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Joe ftw. Mike Goldberg does some stuff besides UFC that he doesn't know anything about also (Red Bull Air Races). It's mainly the sherdog crowd that seem to hate Joe.

Could be worse though. If it wasn't for Mauro, would anybody actually watch EliteXC with the volume turned up? Bill Goldberg is in the running for biggest douche of the universe award, only to be rivlaed by an actual giant douche and psychic mediums.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast