Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 3:50pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KenshinBt10
    Spider by murderdeathkill. We already know about Silva's dancing skillz.

I see that and raise you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DghW3qL80Ig
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 10:55pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have always like Roy Jones and I like him even more now. Silva would have been crushed by him though in a straight boxing match. I would like to see them fight under K1 rules.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 11:00pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ixpin
    I hate this business bullshit with Dana White. This is like Metallica bitching about Napster. People say that Dana is doing whats in his best interest. This may be true, but it doesn't excuse him from douchebaggery. Hitler made a great leader and businessman, but it doesn't make killing Jews the right thing to do......or does it?
    Dude what kind of comparison is that. And why in the world would Dana White let somebody out of an exsclusive contract to get beat in another sport. What about the the injury he might sustain and f up his MMA contract/career. Dana White has done nothing but promote and progress the sport. Leaders are assholes, he doesn't hide that fact, he actually plays it up but as far as assholes go he is an effective one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2008 3:20am

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil
    Point to where I said it was the fighter's job to worry about PR. You can't, because I didn't. What I did say was that Dana did the right thing by nixing the fight. It IS his job to worry about his organization's PR. I also commended Silva for having the guts to get his ass beat by Roy Jones. But Dana would be a fucking moron to allow his fighter to get embarrassed by a boxer with nothing in return. One fight in a ring, one in the cage - different story.
    I wasn't accusing you of saying that, but sorry it came off like that. What I was saying was that it's a shame when those kind of PR considerations get in the way of the sport.

Dana is no doubt a shrewd business man and a millionaire, but so is Jean Claude Van Damme. The difference is that I'd like to believe that UFC competitors are some of the best fighters out there, and not merely being portrayed as badasses by Dana and his PR people. That involves them being allowed to occasionally compete outside of the UFC and outside the sport of MMA.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234