Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 8:11pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm more impressed with Roy Jones Jr. now, for both looking forward to a possible fight with Silva and admitting that he'd be lost in MMA as he has no ground game. I thought that RJJ's camp would have declined the match before Dana could step in. I have a lot more respect for RJJ now.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 8:35pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    Roy Jones and Bernard fought back in 1993 and Roy won. Great job not knowing what the **** you are talking about.
    Really? 15 years ago and Bernard has been calling him out ever since.

STFU. How long before you are banned again for asshatery?
    Oh, and Roy Jones would have tooled Silva in a boxing match. Silva was only running his mouth to get publicity.
    Annnd one of the idiots shows up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 10:31pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what? The only thing I want to see is both of them, head to head, mono y mono, no holds barred...on 'Dancing With The Stars'. I think we all know who would win that most masculine of contests...(spoiler - Anderson Silva)

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 12:12am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theword
    You know what? The only thing I want to see is both of them, head to head, mono y mono, no holds barred...on 'Dancing With The Stars'. I think we all know who would win that most masculine of contests...(spoiler - Anderson Silva)
    Spider by murderdeathkill. We already know about Silva's dancing skillz.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 12:22am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** that ****. It's not even in the same sport.

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 5:38am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would have preffered to see it the other way round.

Roy Jones vs Silva MMA rules.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 8:12am

Style: GJJ beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An indication that Dana's an idiot:
    If the fight happens and Silva wins, some diehard boxing fans might realize there's something going on outside their corner of the fight world (or they might be forced to come up with more lame rationalizations: "He was OOOLD!").
    If Silva loses, maybe he becomes a better fighter (assuming no brain or body damage), and maybe we see an evolution with other player's striking (or they might be forced to come up with more lame rationalizations: "But you might bob into a KNEEEE!").
    Either way, we learn something more about how good Anderson Silva is, and watch a fantastic athlete compete in a new game, which can't be a bad thing (Jordon comparisons dissallowed!).

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 8:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLordHumungus
    The main thing is it would have been an interesting fight, both for the fans and the fighters. It's not a fighter's job to make sure his contests increase the PR of his organization or sport. That kind of **** is what's keeping Couture and Fedor from fighting. God knows the image of the UFC as the baddest of the bad can't be ruined by something so silly as reality.

If Silva and Jones were up for the fight, it should have happened. And if idiots use the outcome as ammo, we should remind ourselves that the opinions of idiots don't matter.

Point to where I said it was the fighter's job to worry about PR. You can't, because I didn't. What I did say was that Dana did the right thing by nixing the fight. It IS his job to worry about his organization's PR. I also commended Silva for having the guts to get his ass beat by Roy Jones. But Dana would be a fucking moron to allow his fighter to get embarrassed by a boxer with nothing in return. One fight in a ring, one in the cage - different story.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 3:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate this business bullshit with Dana White. This is like Metallica bitching about Napster. People say that Dana is doing whats in his best interest. This may be true, but it doesn't excuse him from douchebaggery. Hitler made a great leader and businessman, but it doesn't make killing Jews the right thing to do......or does it?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/09/2008 3:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ixpin
    I hate this business bullshit with Dana White. This is like Metallica bitching about Napster. People say that Dana is doing whats in his best interest. This may be true, but it doesn't excuse him from douchebaggery. Hitler made a great leader and businessman, but it doesn't make killing Jews the right thing to do......or does it?

Your logic is the reason Dana is a millionaire and you are a hundredaire.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast