Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #11
    Hedgehogey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,330
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical
    I think there's a plan for a saturday night pre-gaming sparring session in the track of the high school over by Dragon's lair.
    Event descriptions don't get much better than that.

    Which saturday?


    "The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

    RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

    THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

    It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    2,436
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    probably all the saturdays between next saturday and the tournament

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    808
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical
    probably all the saturdays between next saturday and the tournament
    awesome... so what date is the tournament.. so i can make my plans and go force my lazy sparring partners to pick up their sticks again.

    the website doesn't have the date of the tournament..
    is it at the next roundup (May 3rd on http://texaskali.org) ?

    also can we use SMAK sticks or is it strictly actionflex only? (I have floppity actionflex but ordered a pair of SMAK sticks last week.. should be here by next week)

    and is it the marker knife or the shock-knife? Ive been wavering on pulling the trigger to get the cheaper 250 dollar shock-knife for the last two weeks...

    I'm up for trying my hand at(and getting it whacked) all formats.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    808
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical

    Ninja's will be there- in tabi.
    This part better not be a lie.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    2,436
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    may 17th

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    2,436
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by variance
    awesome... so what date is the tournament.. so i can make my plans and go force my lazy sparring partners to pick up their sticks again.

    the website doesn't have the date of the tournament..
    is it at the next roundup (May 3rd on http://texaskali.org) ?

    also can we use SMAK sticks or is it strictly actionflex only? (I have floppity actionflex but ordered a pair of SMAK sticks last week.. should be here by next week)

    and is it the marker knife or the shock-knife? Ive been wavering on pulling the trigger to get the cheaper 250 dollar shock-knife for the last two weeks...

    I'm up for trying my hand at(and getting it whacked) all formats.

    Larry's tournament is Actionflex for stick and for knife.

    Leslie's (whenever he settles the fucking date!) is Lameco for the Padded division, then really real sticks, and some homemade padded knives(that look suspiciously like silver vibrators) for knife. We do the lipstick thing at the camp. I don't know why we only end up doing it there.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    808
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical
    Larry's tournament is Actionflex for stick and for knife.

    Leslie's (whenever he settles the fucking date!) is Lameco for the Padded division, then really real sticks, and some homemade padded knives(that look suspiciously like silver vibrators) for knife. We do the lipstick thing at the camp. I don't know why we only end up doing it there.
    so there's two competitions? awesome.

    and larry's is may16th. got it.

    oh those lameco ones. those are interesting but kind of have a slippery grip when i've used them. the lameco ones are the same ones on the HW episode right?

    really real sticks? so like standard 1" or whatever width rattan? dog brother style?
    hmm.... sounds like fun... painful but fun.. I'd like to try it depending on if that tool frmo the other thread really wants to gong sau or not.

    don't want to get a broken hand before I get my chance for some Bullshido e-drama.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    2,436
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We use slightly lighter really real sticks. And Lacrosse gloves, instead of the baseball ones at the gatherings. We don't want anyone going home with a broken hand or concussion.......just a whole fuckload of welts

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    2,436
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And yes, the Lameco ones are a complete bitch to keep a hold of. I'm trying to do two power stroking sessions a week with the lameco sticks and hockey gloves so I can work on keeping a grip.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    808
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how do you think the lameco sticks hold up compared to smak sticks in terms of contact and how they feel when you take a good hit.

    also I just found the "Got Stick?" models of padded stick at:
    http://www.allthingsfilipino.com

    they are interesting. they use rattan for the core and have a velcro
    latch allowing you to replace the core if it gets broken.

    I'm thinking of ordering them as well and doing a detailed review with pics of lameco vs actionflex vs SMAK vs Got Stick? vs Century cheapos.

    also does the ninjas thing mean a bujinkan / taijutsu school will be competing?

    not sure how comeptitive I'll be against everyone else
    but as long as I beat a ninjer. I'll be quite happy.
    Last edited by variance; 4/14/2008 12:57pm at .

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO