Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243 444546 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 2:51pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS we can move it to PM because it is off topic for this thread. :)

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 3:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just noticed this school is in Austin. You guys have access to virtually any kind of MA you could ever want in Austin.

If I were you, I'd check John Wang's School of Combat Shuai Chiao if you're interested in seeing an effective, competitive, yet traditional style.
    http://www.combatshuaichiao.com/acsca.html#wang

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 4:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since we've had three consecutive posts without M O B I US or V E S P E R coming on and declaring themselves...well, I don't know what the **** they think view themselves as, but what the hell. I think they're done, so I'd like to dedicate the rest of this thread to M O B I U S and V E S P E R: The Greatest Hits

Disrespect is Desprespect
    JKid: Have you considered crosstraining?
    Vesper: ????
    Vesper: I have, I am taking Aikido classed, and may even start Ninjitsu.
    that is a good idea, we do have something like that, you learn everything, but your not a sensei until you are 16
    about $60000 overall for 3 kids to go every day all year even holidays, weapons, belts, uniforms....
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 5:52pm

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by V E S P E R
    Go watch the Karate Kid again and listen to Mr. Miagi. Danial never sparred before entering the tournament, he was taught in other ways.
    I laughed my ass off, this could easily be one of the stupidest statements ever made on the internet forums!!
    Jesus Christ, well, at least it's good for a healthy laugh!
    Now it's clear for me why you "train" in this mcdojo, you're the kind of MA wannabees who ran into a dojo after watching pathetic movies like karate kid or this ninja stuff where they jump easily over some roofs. And of course you're hot for the big belts and the great gestures, so your mcdojo fits you and your buddy, who thinks Miagi embraces what a martial artist is (gimme a fucking break!) perfectly.
    When I started with martial arts i was 14 years old and just went to a dojo my father told me. It was Wado-Ryu Karate and I started to train there. Like the other younger people there I was easily impresse by the higher belts and we all looked up to our teacher just because he was a 2.dan BB. It didn't matter that he smoked, never really did the warm-up and stamina training (he just walked around and yelled while we were sweating) but was pretty lazy. I noticed this way later. And like the others I couldn't wait to go for the higher belts and was always impatient about this. Then little did I know that belts mean nothing really!
    When the ninja boom started again there were plenty of kids showing up, little wannabe ninjas, who stayed for 3 or 4 trainings and then leaved again because they were bored.
    After 2 years a friend invited me to a Kyokushinkai karate training and I liked it much more, I saw that it was way more effective. So I did 1 1/2 years there until we were out after the training in a bar and one of the black belts had an argument with a guy. Then suddenly it escalated and they started to fight, actually the bb pushed this guy first. My training colleague was not only larger but also outweighted this pretty skinny guy and like I said was a 1.dan BB.
    The outcome of this fight shocked me then: this skinny half-drunken guy just beat my colleague down with some wild punches, it was all over in 30 seconds and he layed there with a bloddy nose. Then there was some trouble, until police showed up eventually.
    After this embarassing incident i realised that karate isn't effective at all. No offence to the karate guys here, I totally respect it as a sport and also the philosophy behind it is cool for me but for REALISTIC and EFFECTIVE self-defense or fighting (where's the difference vesper?) it really doesn't work ****!! Remember, at this time there was no UFC or MMA like now where everyone could see how poor the karate, wing chun, kung fu guys fought. Then I started to read lots of MA stuff and decided to do kickboxing, first semicontact then later fullcontact. Later I trained also Muay Thai but stopped because of lack of free time, it became just too hard, and went back to kickboxing.
    So vesper, if you really believe this **** about daniel winning a tournament without ever sparring before then this is my advice:

1) Do all this cleaning **** and learn your moves like Daniel did.
    2) Learn and train this mighty crane move (it was a crane right??).
    3) Go to a Vale Tudo tournament (I recommend you Brazil) and beat all the guys in the elimination.
    4) Wait till the final and beat your opponent with the "crane technique".
    5) Celebrate and don't forget to upload the video of the event your buddy moebius has taken to bullshido so we can watch it all.

One last word: I don't wanna get a letter from your lawyer about "bad advice", so I have to warn you that you could be seriously hurt while fighting with CONTACT!

Cheers

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 6:05pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bwahahahahahahah!!!!

That was fucking good Boyd!
    Last edited by PizDoff; 12/05/2003 6:15pm at .

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 6:15pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by M O B I U S
    our little and not effective drill where everyone stands around the mat
    Originally posted by M O B I U S
    i think randori is what they refer to our "around the mat" as
    Ahhahahahha!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 8:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Shnizzletodawizzle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is my crane technique baby.

Ten tonnes of steel dropped from 100 feet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 8:56pm

Style: Yin Ten Do / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Justme
    Common guys... its very simple. It says Buy one pizza and get the next free. Jeezz...
    Heh. The nearest MA place I can think of is next to Papa John's Pizza. BJJ and TKD. I checked out the place but it was closed, seems mostly TKD. ITF (?) I think. It is a walk away from the movie theater as well. Interesting.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 9:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Shnizzletodawizzle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since you guys brought it up I have actually been paying attention to TKD schools and you guys are correct. There is one in nearly every strip mall. Itís like these aliens are plotting to take over the planet.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    12/06/2003 12:09am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To all Ba Ki Do people:

You are being formally CALLED OUT. Come to austin jiu jitsu at 6 o clock, friday, for open sparring night, where everyone is invited. I will spar you under any rules you want, including no rules. I especially want those of you who don't spar. I believe you are a mcdojo and you are bullshido. I am not an instructor, merely a student, a white belt. You will not have to face any black or brown belts or anyone who outweighs you.
    I weigh 140 pounds and i'm confident I can beat all your non-sparring asses.
    I'll be waiting. If you're coming, make it this friday, as i'll be leaving to visit family after that.
    Please bring a video camera.

We are at the hills fitness center. Further information on our website, www.austinjj.com

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children